[WIN/MAC/LINUX] KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.9 [New MATLAB Version!]

3 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

@Drew Kerman, have I missed anything you wanted in (that I haven't addressed)?  I'm thinking we're getting close to the actual 1.6.5 release.

just this:

If it's not a priority for this release or you haven't been able to track down the reason, no worries, I just haven't seen you mention anything on it either way yet. It's not really a show-stopping issue

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

just this:

If it's not a priority for this release or you haven't been able to track down the reason, no worries, I just haven't seen you mention anything on it either way yet. It's not really a show-stopping issue

Oh got it.  I don't think that's going to be really fixable.  MATLAB's 3D rendering capabilities are pretty simplistic and this appears to be related to that simplicity.    I might be able to tweak it, but I'm not sure the rendering is going to look all that much better.

5 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

Oh got it.  I don't think that's going to be really fixable.  MATLAB's 3D rendering capabilities are pretty simplistic and this appears to be related to that simplicity.    I might be able to tweak it, but I'm not sure the rendering is going to look all that much better.

Pretty sure it worked fine in earlier versions tho. If you want I can go back and find out which one it started acting funky

15 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Pretty sure it worked fine in earlier versions tho. If you want I can go back and find out which one it started acting funky

Yeah, that could be helpful if you can figure it out.  I haven't touched that code in a long time, though, so I'm surprised to hear that lol.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:04 PM, Arrowstar said:

Yeah, that could be helpful if you can figure it out.  I haven't touched that code in a long time, though, so I'm surprised to hear that lol.

will do. Don't wait up on that for the release tho

Hi everyone!

This evening I'm please to have released KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.5!  This is a major update with a focus primarily on improving the Launch Vehicle Designer (LVD) experience.  New optimization algorithms, integrators, and models are included for use in LVD.  A few performance enhancements have also been incorporated.  The goal is to allow the analyst even more flexibility in how trajectory problems are set up and solved.  The highlights include:

• The inclusion of the NOMAD gradient-free optimization algorithm;
  • The ODE5 integrator;
  • All new optimization algorithm and integrator options; and
  • The interpolated curve drag coefficient model.

Here's the full change log.

• MA/LVD: Added option to auto-propagate (or not) the mission script when changes are made to it.  Useful when your script takes forever to propagate and you have lots of changes to make.

• MA: Improved robustness of "coast to function value".

• MA/LVD: Editing mission notes prompts user to save file (asterisk in window title).

• LVD: Overhaul of optimization:

• Added new optimizer: NOMAD

• Added new option for computing gradients of objective function (a custom finite difference scheme)

• Added a new UI for selecting optimization algorithm.

• Added many new options for FMINCON and Pattern Search algorithms (including two new UIs for them).

• Removed all the old optimization options (they are incorporated to the new options now).

• LVD/MA: New mission plans now use the celestial body data that's currently loaded in the main KSPTOT GUI and not the data from the previous mission plan.

• LVD: Added a new impulsive delta-v event action.

• LVD: Added a new event number and total effective specific impulse (Isp) tasks to Graphical Analysis.

• LVD: Objective functions are now "composites" of a number of sub-functions.  Those sub-functions mirror what is available for use as a constraint.

• LVD: Added a constraint (and therefore also an objective sub-function) for the amount of delta-v expended during an event.  Listed under "event delta-v expended" or something to that effect.

• LVD: In the initial state dialog box and the set kinematic state action dialog box, state representation and reference frame are now select-able in more combinations than before, and adding new reference frames and state representations is much, much easier going forward.

• LVD: New "set kinematic state" action.  Use this to set the time, position, velocity, and stage states of the spacecraft arbitrarily (or optimize them), or inherit them from the final state of a previous event.

• LVD: New time, position, and continuity constraints for use with the set kinematic state action.

• LVD: FMINCON options now allow constraint, optimality, and step tolerances to go to 0.

• LVD: Objective functions are now "composites" of different functions.  The values of these functions are added together in a fashion defined by the user.

• LVD: New plotting methods for events (applies to both the orbit display in the main LVD UI and graphical analysis plots).

• LVD: Minor performance enhancements to calculating atmospheric temperature.

• LVD: Resolves an issue with the true anomaly event termination condition where the directional termination was reversed from expected behavior.

• LVD: Added a pop out orbit display button to the main LVD UI.

• LVD: Added the ability to compute the gradient sparsity to the custom finite differences gradient method, which can improve optimization speed and accuracy in some situations.

• LVD: Added IPOPT to optimizer list.

• MA: Resolved issue with orbital decay on coast that was breaking it.

• MA: Resolved two issues with MA drag coefficient calculator that would slow down the calculations in some instances.

• MA: Marker type for mission animator added.

• Fix to SFS file read.  Bug was causing some vessels to not get found in the file.

• LVD: Addition of a new propagator type, "Two Body Motion."  This change also includes a number of backend reworks to incorporate a new way to propagate spacecraft orbits and a generic interface for adding new propagator types in the future. 

• LVD: Changed drag model such that drag coefficient is now entered as set of points which are interpolated over.  Drag coefficient data may be imported from a CSV file.

• LVD: Added a new, fifth order fixed step integrator, ODE5.  See below for more information.

• LVD: Added drag area to graphical analysis outputs.

• LVD: Added Cntrl-F shortcut to remove or re-added event from optimization.

• MA/LVD: Resolved issue with plotting periapsis crossings.

As usual, the release can be downloaded from the first post of this thread.  Please let me know if you have any questions or find any bugs.  Thanks, and happy orbiting!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 10:27 PM, Arrowstar said:
On 3/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Gilph said:

Hi @Arrowstar,

The new version of the JNSQ mod implemented a 12 hour Kerbin day. I remember only having a stock kerbin day and an 24 hour earth day available. Is there any way to set a 12 hour day in TOT?

I'm afraid not.  The two time systems are somewhat hard-coded in there, so additional work would be required to add a new time system.

Hi, I've been playing around a little with this using earth time, which is exactly twice as long. Did a optimal 2 burn change on a probe around the new Moho and it went perfect, except I needed to do 2 orbits each to get to the two burn nodes. I was a little surprised because I used UT in seconds, which shouldn't care how long the day is (maybe?). I'll play around a bit more to see if I need to cut some intervals in half. It's nice to use the utilities though, i tend to rely on them a lot.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Gilph said:

Hi, I've been playing around a little with this using earth time, which is exactly twice as long. Did a optimal 2 burn change on a probe around the new Moho and it went perfect, except I needed to do 2 orbits each to get to the two burn nodes. I was a little surprised because I used UT in seconds, which shouldn't care how long the day is (maybe?). I'll play around a bit more to see if I need to cut some intervals in half. It's nice to use the utilities though, i tend to rely on them a lot.

Thanks

You're welcome!  And yes, UT seconds don't care how long the day is, you are correct. :)

@Arrowstar hope you are well. Here is something I want to walk you through that shows some inconsistencies in propagation I'm seeing in KSP vs KSPTOT

First, here is the zip file you'll need. Place it in your KSP Saves folder.

Okay, let's start with opening the "Alaba 1.6.5 PR" MA file. Unfortunately I'm not sure which PR this file was saved in.

1. Set SOI search revs to 100
  2. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun
  3. Note it occurs on Y4 D204 @ 23:22:16
  4. Coast to next SOI to return to Kerbin
  5. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun again
  6. Note it occurs on Y4 D212 @ 06:29:27

Note also that the orbital data for the asteroid looks like this:

yelP1TH.png

Alright next load up the stock save in KSP. Also make sure to install Kerbal Alarm Clock. When the save loads go into the Esc menu and load "Alaba Obt1"

1. Enter the Tracking Station
  2. Select Alaba from the menu and note it has an encounter
  3. Click "Add" in KAC to show the encounter alarm and note at the bottom the encounter time is Y4 D204 @ 23:22:16
  4. Double-click to load into the Flight Scene for Untitled Space Craft
  5. Create a new MA file
  6. Open Initial State event
  7. Import Alaba's orbit from KSP using "Get Orbit from KSP" option
  8. Copy the orbital data to the clipboard
  9. Set SOI search revs to 100
  10. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun
  11. Note it occurs on Y4 D204 @ 23:41:14
  12. Coast to next SOI to return to Kerbin
  13. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun again
  14. Note it occurs on Y4 D208 @ 04:30:50
  15. Return to the Tracking Station
  16. Select Alaba and create an Encounter alarm in KAC
  17. Warp to alarm
  18. Warp 50x (4 arrows) through to Mun SOI
  19. Create another Encounter alarm for exit
  20. Warp to alarm
  21. Warp 50x through to Kerbin SOI
  22. Create a new MA file
  23. Open Initial State event
  24. Import Alaba's orbit from KSP using "Get Orbit from KSP" option
  25. Set SOI search revs to 100
  26. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun
  27. Note it occurs on Y4 D212 @ 06:38:58.757
  28. Return to the Tracking Station
  29. Select Alaba and warp ahead until the next encounter appears
  30. Click "Add" in KAC to show the encounter alarm and note at the bottom the encounter time is Y4 D212 @ 06:29:27
  31. Open the Initial State event
  32. Paste the orbital data from the clipboard

The initial orbital data that was loaded should look like this, which appears different from the image above:

VPKHz3K.png

So I thought at some point when updating from KSP v1.5.1 to 1.8.1 recently somehow the orbit got changed. I scoured through my backup revisions and found the orbital data that matches with the image above and I inserted that into the other save file. So return to the Space Center and load the save "Alaba Obt2".

1. Enter the Tracking Station
  2. Select Alaba from the menu and note it has an encounter
  3. Click "Add" in KAC to show the encounter alarm and note at the bottom the encounter time is Y4 D204 @ 23:22:16
  4. Double-click to load into the Flight Scene for Untitled Space Craft
  5. Create a new MA file
  6. Open Initial State event
  7. Import Alaba's orbit from KSP using "Get Orbit from KSP" option
  8. Note that the orbital data now matches the first image
  9. Set SOI search revs to 100
  10. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun
  11. Note it occurs on Y4 D204 @ 23:41:17
  12. Coast to next SOI to return to Kerbin
  13. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun again
  14. Note it occurs on Y4 D208 @ 04:30:44
  15. Return to the Tracking Station
  16. Select Alaba and create an Encounter alarm in KAC
  17. Warp to alarm
  18. Warp 50x (4 arrows) through to Mun SOI
  19. Create another Encounter alarm for exit
  20. Warp to alarm
  21. Warp 50x through to Kerbin SOI
  22. Create a new MA file
  23. Open Initial State event
  24. Import Alaba's orbit from KSP using "Get Orbit from KSP" option
  25. Set SOI search revs to 100
  26. Coast to next SOI to encounter Mun
  27. Note it occurs on Y4 D212 @ 06:38:58.889
  28. Return to the Tracking Station
  29. Select Alaba and warp ahead until the next encounter appears
  30. Click "Add" in KAC to show the encounter alarm and note at the bottom the encounter time is Y4 D212 @ 06:29:27

So to summarize, in both cases with differing orbital data (apparently the same data but expressed differently in terms of MNA & EPH) the game reaches the same result, as does MA, but the newer 1.6.5 release is spitting out an incorrect propagation as opposed to the older 1.6.5 PR.

However whatever is throwing MA off is actually baked into the MAT file. Because if you go and load "Alaba Prediction 3-10-20" in MA you'll see it propagate out to SOI exit. Now, if you still have KSP open to the end of the last set of steps, go ahead and warp ahead to the encounter following Y4 D212. You'll find it should occur on Y4 D234. If you copy the end UT from Event 6 you'll find it matches with KSP still.

In other words, if you open "Alaba 1.6.5 PR" in MA and then import the data from either "Alaba Obt1" or "Alaba Obt2" save file it will still give you the correct encounter time. Creating a new MA file and importing the data is what gives an improper encounter time.

Hi @Arrowstar,

Having an issue with the new 1.6.5 and MA. In my JNSQ instance I have a ship on orbit and was looking to optimize a transfer burn calculated by mechjeb.

• Open MA. KSP is in flight mode.
  • Import values in Initial State successfully almost instantly.
  • Right click window to select import maneuver node from KSP for active vessel.

MA just sits there with the yellow Working... banner on the bottom. Task Manager reports around a 25% CPU load for KSPTOT. It took 10 minutes to complete just the import. As I'm typing this, I added a Coast to the target body (Nara, who is very far away, 1,712,000,000km SMA) and it took another xx  hasn't finished after 15 minutes. I haven't even started the optimization yet, it's just adding steps so far.

Are there options I can play around with to try and fix?

Thanks

PS: Maybe change this? MA/LVD: Added option to auto-propagate (or not) the mission script when changes are made to it.  Useful when your script takes forever to propagate and you have lots of changes to make.

Edited by Gilph
fix time statement

Hi @Arrowstar

First I'd like to thank you for this great software. As someone who likes to relentlessly optimize every mission I run in the game, it's exactly what I've been looking for.

If you wouldn't mind helping me out with something, I've been trying to load this trajectory into the Mission Architect from the Multi-Flyby Sequencer, and for some reason it doesn't get anything even vaguely resembling the slingshots the sequencer gave. It doesn't even hit the first Eve encounter. If it helps, this was computed on the sequencer's default settings.

Hyperbolic Departure & Flyby Orbits
---------------------------------------------
Hyperbolic Departure Orbit from Kerbin
Semi-major Axis =               -2794.5703 km
Eccentricity =                  1.285056898
Inclination =                   11.4515 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         112.1675 deg
Argument of Periapse =          352.9635 deg
---------------------
Out. Hyp. Vel. Vect Rt. Asc. =  -113.1992 deg
Out. Hyp. Vel. Vect Declin. =   8.2029 deg
Out. Hyp. Vel. Magnitude =      1.124160271 km/s
Inbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit to Eve
Semi-major Axis =               -1459.8778 km
Eccentricity =                  2.181068818
Inclination =                   11.2858 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         87.2363 deg
Argument of Periapse =          85.6305 deg
Periapse Radius =               1724.2161 km
Outbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit from Eve
Semi-major Axis =               -606.0072 km
Eccentricity =                  3.8452
Inclination =                   11.2858 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         87.2363 deg
Argument of Periapse =          85.6305 deg
Periapse Radius =               1724.2161 km
---------------------
Out. Hyp. Vel. Vect Rt. Asc. =  -82.2616 deg
Out. Hyp. Vel. Vect Declin. =   -2.0832 deg
Out. Hyp. Vel. Magnitude =      3.672130685 km/s
Inbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit to Eve
Semi-major Axis =               -605.3884 km
Eccentricity =                  3.623294171
Inclination =                   149.4980 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         303.7807 deg
Argument of Periapse =          282.1850 deg
Periapse Radius =               1588.1120 km
Outbound Hyperbolic Flyby Orbit from Eve
Semi-major Axis =               -605.3884 km
Eccentricity =                  3.6233
Inclination =                   149.4980 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         303.7807 deg
Argument of Periapse =          282.1850 deg
Periapse Radius =               1588.1120 km
---------------------
Out. Hyp. Vel. Vect Rt. Asc. =  -81.0215 deg
Out. Hyp. Vel. Vect Declin. =   13.8806 deg
Out. Hyp. Vel. Magnitude =      3.674006763 km/s
Inbound Hyperbolic Orbit to Jool
Inb. Hyp. Vel. Vect Rt. Asc. =  -88.1510 deg
Inb. Hyp. Vel. Vect Declin. =   -3.6749 deg
Inb. Hyp. Vel. Magnitude =      2.1501 km/s

Sun-Centric Transfer Orbits
Phase 1 Transfer Orbit (Kerbin -> Eve)
Semi-major Axis =            11117269.5575 km
Eccentricity =                  0.223872773
Inclination =                   1.1233 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         329.9256 deg
Argument of Periapse =          183.2433 deg
Period =                     6802234.7446 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        176.7567 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          73.1455 deg
Num. Full Revs Prior to Arrival = 0.0000
Phase 2 Transfer Orbit (Eve -> Eve)
Semi-major Axis =            26734506.7977 km
Eccentricity =                  0.641397533
Inclination =                   2.1000 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         15.0000 deg
Argument of Periapse =          187.5356 deg
Period =                     25366624.269 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        23.7933 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          335.8407 deg
Num. Full Revs Prior to Arrival = 1.0000
Phase 3 Transfer Orbit (Eve -> Jool)
Semi-major Axis =            38231299.6278 km
Eccentricity =                  0.740909855
Inclination =                   2.1211 deg
Right Ascension of AN =         161.9439 deg
Argument of Periapse =          22.2320 deg
Period =                    43379346.3522 sec
Departure True Anomaly =        354.2215 deg
Arrival True Anomaly =          183.3129 deg
Num. Full Revs Prior to Arrival = 0.0000
Kerbin Departure Date = 
                Year 2, Day 178 03:53:04.455
                      (13038784.4555 sec UT)
Eve Arrival Date = 
                Year 2, Day 384 00:47:09.934
                      (17477229.9339 sec UT)
Eve Arrival Date = 
                Year 8, Day 150 00:21:56.995
                      (67630916.9951 sec UT)
Jool Arrival Date = 
               Year 10, Day 388 03:27:11.103
                      (91186031.1026 sec UT)
Total Mission Duration = 
              8 Years, 209 Days 05:34:06.647

DV Maneuver Information

Burn Information to Depart Kerbin
Total Delta-V =                 1.2060 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              1005.1677 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          629.2361 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                219.2679 m/s
---------------------
Burn True Anomaly =             112.1675 deg
Burn Information to Depart Eve
Total Delta-V =                 0.0000 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              0.0000 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          0.0000 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                -0.0000 m/s
---------------------
Burn True Anomaly =             0.0000 deg
Burn Information to Depart Eve
Total Delta-V =                 0.0000 km/s
Prograde Delta-V =              0.0000 m/s
Orbit Normal Delta-V =          -0.0000 m/s
Radial Delta-V =                -0.0000 m/s
---------------------
Burn True Anomaly =             0.0000 deg
Total Mission Delta-V =         1.2060 km/s

1 hour ago, Dimitriye98 said:

I've been trying to load this trajectory into the Mission Architect from the Multi-Flyby Sequencer, and for some reason it doesn't get anything even vaguely resembling the slingshots the sequencer gave.

If you haven't done so, read through the Solar System Edge tutorial included with the KSPTOT download to cover how to use the Multi-Flyby Maneuver Sequencer with Mission Architect

If you have read the tutorial, then give more information on how you input and optimized the values from MFMS into MA and also provide the MAT file with your current results from these actions

Edited by Drew Kerman

9 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

If you haven't done so, read through the Solar System Edge tutorial included with the KSPTOT download to cover how to use the Multi-Flyby Maneuver Sequencer with Mission Architect

If you have read the tutorial, then give more information on how you input and optimized the values from MFMS into MA and also provide the MAT file with your current results from these actions

So, I was following the Laythe tutorial. The problem with the Solar System Edge tutorial is that it relies on the optimizer to fine tune the flybys. That's fine, but when I try to optimize the second Eve encounter, rather than doing it with 1 revolution before encounter, the optimizer always ends up hitting it on the first orbit, simply because it can. After that, it gets stuck on the local minimum of burning straight for Jool from that second Eve encounter, rather than taking into consideration that it can get a free flyby assist by fine tuning the first encounter so that it only encounters Eve on the second revolution as it says on the flight plan.

I've tossed a few attempts at replicating the flight plan onto Google Drive if you'd like to take a look. The first is attempting to do it just like in the Laythe tutorial, with the initial orbit set slightly earlier and with a coast to the burn. The burn achieves the desired hyperbolic orbit out of Kerbin, but the transfer orbit ends up way off and never hits Eve. The second one I got rid of the coast and just set the initial state to be as dictated by the flight plan, but that one gets pretty much the same result. On the third, I tried simply setting the initial state to the transfer orbit at the time given for leaving Kerbin, but that one rams straight into Eve, rather than following the sequencer flight plan's flyby trajectory. That's not unexpected since I assume the departure time is supposed to be the time of the burn, whereas this is putting it on its transfer trajectory 10-20 days before that time.

@Arrowstar hope you are healthy.

New bug: Can't open the Ground Stations window, even from a new MA file. I get the following error in the log:

Spoiler

Reference to non-existent field 'markerSymbol'.

Error in ma_GroundStationsGUI>populateStation (line 113)

Error in ma_GroundStationsGUI>setupGUI (line 89)

Error in ma_GroundStationsGUI>ma_GroundStationsGUI_OpeningFcn (line 66)

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 220)

Error in ma_GroundStationsGUI (line 42)

Error in ma_MainGUI>groundTargetsMenu_Callback (line 1365)

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)

Error in ma_MainGUI (line 42)

Error in matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)ma_MainGUI('groundTargetsMenu_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))

Error using waitforallfiguresclosed (line 9)
Error while evaluating Menu Callback.

Works okay for mission files where I already have ground stations defined, and the error happens when I try to add a new station but doesn't crash or otherwise prevent me from doing so.

2 hours ago, trollpolado said:

Do TOT show the oblatnes of tge bodies of the game because i wanted to use it on a mod with a high oblated 13 g rock world but i am worried if it will show it or the other non spherical bodies

I know for sure that it'll navigate you there properly from wherever you're coming from. Whether you can use it to do things like determine your position over the surface due to the oblateness I'm not sure.

Edited by Drew Kerman

Hi,

I recently tried to install your software on my RSS game, and it seemed to works! But for some reason, a day later when I tried to relaunch it, it did nothing. It looks like on the task manager that it is indeed launching, but stops a few seconds later. I tried to reinstall-it, to re-install the math lab library etc... And nothing works.

What should I do ? :/

Edited by Baptastro

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips for fine-tuning the inputs to get good trajectories out of the MFMS? Solar System's Edge only mentions the waypoint flight time bounds. Do I need to limit the Hyp. Excess Vs? I've been trying to find a EVEEJ but it keeps finding ridiculous 15+km/sec departures. Am I missing something?

Setup:

Spoiler

nmvydE1.png

Earth -> Venus 20-250 days; Venus -> Earth 20-300 days; Earth -> Jupiter 200-1800 days. These all have Max Revolutions at 0.

I tried to just brute force it by setting the number of runs to 100 and letting it run overnight, but no dice. :( This looks like it will be an absolutely amazeballs tool, I just have to figure out how to make it work.

Edit: Also, is there a way to specify that I do *not* want to do powered fly-bys? I would much much rather dump a bit more Hydrolox on the departure than have to use up my hypergolics in deep space.

Edited by ShakeNBake
Second Thought

On 4/22/2020 at 3:03 PM, Baptastro said:

Hi,

I recently tried to install your software on my RSS game, and it seemed to works! But for some reason, a day later when I tried to relaunch it, it did nothing. It looks like on the task manager that it is indeed launching, but stops a few seconds later. I tried to reinstall-it, to re-install the math lab library etc... And nothing works.

What should I do ? :/

Problem solved for me, now I just have to understand how to have efficient fly-by path :D

On 5/4/2020 at 9:35 AM, Baptastro said:

Problem solved for me, now I just have to understand how to have efficient fly-by path :D

What exactly did you do? I seem to be having the exact same problem, I reinstalled mrc but it's only launching/closing in task manager...

When I open ksp tot application, I get a document inside the folder popping up and inside it says this:

document: ksptot

Undefined function or variable 'matlabrc'.

The weird thing is that it worked yesterday, where I opened it while installing mrc, but after the installation was complete, it never launched again. All that happens when I open it in task manager is that it opens as a background program, then it spikes to 10% cpu usage and after that it goes to 0% and closes itself again. Seems like someone else above me had the same problem too... Anyone knows what's going on?

Edit: I did this: https://nl.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/98050-why-do-i-get-an-error-saying-undefined-function-or-variable-matlabrc-when-executing-a-program-th

And did the first workaround: http://prntscr.com/sbqjv1 And It opened now, just took a little while. I am not sure if I gotta do this every time I try to open but atleast it works!

Edited by Chocolat Oreos