Arrowstar

[WIN/MAC/LINUX] KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.6 [Even More LVD Updates!]

Also as part of me troubleshooting KSPTOT, I installed the latest version of MATLAB runtime

On 9/18/2020 at 8:14 PM, Borv413 said:

yes

could it be that since I am using a planet mod that re-parents Kerbin, it breaks it?

It could very well be, yes.  Can you try in stock KSP and see if your issue persists there?  If it works, then one of your mods is messing with it.  If you can figure out which one I can take a look.

3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Arrowstar I am getting an error for an "unknown task" when attempting to optimize this MAT file. It's all setup, just try to run the optimizer to trigger the error.

Can I correctly assume that this started after you changed the names of the propellants in the MAT file?

21 hours ago, Mare Ingenii said:

Added to the Git Repo Issue.

As a quick guess at what might be going on, select the rotation tool in the main LVD GUI and right click on the display axes, then select something along the lines of "reset to original view", should be at the top of the context menu that comes up.  I noticed that part of your trajectory wasn't rendering beceause it was being cut off by z-limits.  If you want to avoid this in the future, go into the view settings and select "update view limits" or something to that effect.

I'm hoping that the issue is just that the trajectory looks wrong, when in reality it's fine and just the way things are rendering that is the issue.

4 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

Can I correctly assume that this started after you changed the names of the propellants in the MAT file?

not sure, did not try prior to changing the names

On 9/8/2020 at 4:42 PM, vitorboschi said:

Hey @Arrowstar, got a new bug report.

I'm getting this error while the LVD script propagates:

Error using odezero (line 49)
odezero: an event disappeared (internal error)

Error in ode45 (line 353)

Error in ODE45Integrator/integrate (line 23)

Error in TwoBodyPropagator/propagate (line 35)

Error in LaunchVehicleSimulationDriver/integrateOneEvent (line 171)

Error in LaunchVehicleEvent/executeEvent (line 162)

Error in LaunchVehicleScript/executeScript (line 293)

Error in ma_LvdMainGUI>propagateScript (line 173)

Error in ma_LvdMainGUI>runScriptMenu_Callback (line 1614)

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)

Error in ma_LvdMainGUI (line 42)

Error in matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)ma_LvdMainGUI('runScriptMenu_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))

Error using waitforallfiguresclosed (line 9)
Error while evaluating Menu Callback.

This is the .mat file. Just open and try run the script and you should get the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/855rjnrkzt7vcmr/Main mission plan.mat?dl=0

@Arrowstar did you had the time to take a look at this one? ^

On 9/22/2020 at 5:32 AM, vitorboschi said:

@Arrowstar did you had the time to take a look at this one? ^

Could not reproduce.  Are you just loading it up and tapping control-p to propagate?  That's what causes the error?

On 9/21/2020 at 6:01 PM, Arrowstar said:

As a quick guess at what might be going on, select the rotation tool in the main LVD GUI and right click on the display axes, then select something along the lines of "reset to original view", should be at the top of the context menu that comes up.  I noticed that part of your trajectory wasn't rendering beceause it was being cut off by z-limits.  If you want to avoid this in the future, go into the view settings and select "update view limits" or something to that effect.

I'm hoping that the issue is just that the trajectory looks wrong, when in reality it's fine and just the way things are rendering that is the issue.

Well, the graphical part of that is embarrassing, and yes that is what was happening there.  However, the continuity constrains are still violated significantly and do not converge after rerunning the optimization with the same setup as in PR4.  Is that expected?

8 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

Could not reproduce.  Are you just loading it up and tapping control-p to propagate?  That's what causes the error?

Yes, just that. Maybe it's a Linux specific issue? Is there anything I could do to help you pinpoint the problem?

On 9/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, Mare Ingenii said:

Well, the graphical part of that is embarrassing, and yes that is what was happening there.  However, the continuity constrains are still violated significantly and do not converge after rerunning the optimization with the same setup as in PR4.  Is that expected?

I noticed that myself when looking at your MAT file.  Maybe try running the NOMAD solver on it first and see if that helps.  It does a little better on hard problems, but usually takes longer to run.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, vitorboschi said:

Yes, just that. Maybe it's a Linux specific issue? Is there anything I could do to help you pinpoint the problem?

It could be a Linux specific thing, but it shouldn't be.  I'll try to look into it tomorrow, but I have to apologize to everyone, my workload at work has exploded and along with some other things going on, I haven't had as much time to dedicate to this over the past few weeks as I might normally.  Sorry about that. :)

7 hours ago, Arrowstar said:

I noticed that myself when looking at your MAT file.  Maybe try running the NOMAD solver on it first and see if that helps.  It does a little better on hard problems, but usually takes longer to run.

It could be a Linux specific thing, but it shouldn't be.  I'll try to look into it tomorrow, but I have to apologize to everyone, my workload at work has exploded and along with some other things going on, I haven't had as much time to dedicate to this over the past few weeks as I might normally.  Sorry about that. :)

No need to apologize, life happens and must always come first. Just take all the time you need.

@Arrowstar no rush on this because I actually got really close on my first try and then was able to do some manual tweakage through the Adjust Variables dialog to put it close enough to where I want. So it's all set to go but for future reference I'd like to know why this LVD case file was so unwilling to optimize. I plugged in a set of Lat/Lng coordinate constraints I was hoping it would move closer towards (wasn't expecting to nail it) but the first try it lasted 400s and ran through 1 iteration before quitting then I adjusted the scale to reduce the jacobian heat map <1 and it quit after 4s with no iterations.