[WIN/MAC/LINUX] KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.9 [New MATLAB Version!]

• 4 weeks later...
Perhaps let another mod handle the C# and plugin integration for you? Could Telemachus be used to create a node via an HTTP API?

I would be just fine with that, though someone else would have to create it. But if that happens, I can see about attempting to hook TOT up to it.

Actually, let me take a look and see how MATLAB might handle something like this.

EDIT: Okay, I'm thinking easiest way to communicate would be to have a plugin that would listen for a TCP connection from localhost. More investigation is required, but maybe this could actually go somewhere. Anyone here want to give it a shot with me? (Or have any better suggestions? :))

EDIT 2: I've actually got a simple client/server setup working in MATLAB. It's quite easy. For now I would envision only being able to send a fixed length double array from my KSP TOT to the KSP plugin, which in turn would have to create the maneuver node. So basically KSP TOT would send something like this:

[gameTime, X deltaV, Y deltaV, Z deltaV] (where this is a double array with four values)

The plugin could then interpret the double array and go from there. Those X, Y, Z values could also be prograde, radial, and normal; whatever KSP wants.

Is anyone out there a whiz with C#? If so, could you cook me a up a simple stand alone console program that listens for input on a specified port and dumps it to console? The input would be a double array from MATLAB/KSP TOT. It would be useful to test the functionality I can work with.

Edited by Arrowstar

You are awesome sir! I look forwart to this, because right now it's a bit confusing especialy with the time.

And thanks for this tool because i'm doing a ,realistic as possible, space program and now i can easily add the TOT report to my mission report.

You are awesome sir! I look forwart to this, because right now it's a bit confusing especialy with the time.

And thanks for this tool because i'm doing a ,realistic as possible, space program and now i can easily add the TOT report to my mission report.

Thanks! Feel free to post pictures of your mission reports and the rest here so we can all see how you're using KSP TOT. :)

Quick update for everyone: I was thinking about the problem of getting numbers in KSP from KSP TOT and I've basically decided that if I want it done I'm going to have to do it myself. So I'm currently downloading MS Visual Studio and will give this a go soon. :) Luckily C# is similar enough to Java (a language I know well) that learning the new stuff should be easy.

My initial goal for the plugin is just to receive data from KSP TOT and make a maneuver node out of it. After that, I'll look into getting data from KSP into KSP TOT (orbit and the like). I may even be able to have KSP TOT control the vessel! :)

Anyway, big plans are afoot. Stay tuned.

And one more image before I retire for the evening. This shot shows the new Upload Maneuver GUI in KSP TOT as well as KSP running in the background. The new GUI window will be embedded into KSP TOT over the course of this week and hooked up to the various maneuver display text boxes. By the way, suggestions on functionality with this GUI would be appreciated; right now I'm aiming fairly low, but good ideas may very well be implemented. :)

UPezUzs.png

Greetings! I really enjoy this tool and have plans to use it extensively, if I can get it to work right. I installed it and the supporting application per the instructions listed. I fired it up and it ran great, played with it for a bit and shut it down. Now, whenever I try to launch the application I get an error:

"Error in mclFreeStackTrace."

And the application fails to start. I'm going to delete the KSPTOT portion and reload it to see if that cures it. Does the application create a log file when errors like this occur? If it does, where do you have them filed?

Many thanks in advance and seasons greetings!

When I originally ran the app I had access errors so I set the executable to run as administrator. It ran fine once and now I'm getting this error. It's all on one machine. MATLAB is installed to the x86 Programs folder, KSPTOT is in the root directory.

I reinstalled the KSPTOT and no, unfortunately it didn't. I'll try reinstalling MATLAB and see if that does it. I'm running this on Win8.1 64-bit. I don't think this is a system issue, I've got an i7 and plenty of RAM.

I'm stumped. Tried reinstalling both MATLAB and KSPTOT and it's still throwing that mclFreeStackTrace error and will not start. The .exe has read/write permissions. Should I move the KSPTOT file to another location, like My Documents or the desktop?

UPDATE: Moved the TOT file to My Docs, no bueno. Any help would be appreciated at this point. I really like this tool and dug it the one time I got it working...

Edited by gumwars

Do you think the first run was a fluke? Is there a debug output that I can generate that might point to where it's failing on my end? I don't have any other user accounts on my computer (just me) and, please forgive me, I'm trying to understand why it would work on the first attempt and fail every subsequent time following. It would seem an operating variable changed after the first run. I've uninstalled Mass Effect 3 after I installed MATLAB, honestly I don't know if they share resources. I'm not going to roll my OS back to check which leads me back to my first question, isn't there a debugger that I can use to get you a dump file or do I need Visual Studio or some other programming environment?