[WIN/MAC/LINUX] KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.8 [New MATLAB Version!]

Arrowstar

Wish list feature request.

When using the porkchop plotter to get a better approximation for an interplanetary transfer in RO/RP-1 than TWP, I would prefer if the porkchop plot reported both the departure dV and the arrival dV.  (Currently it reports the total dV, which is less useful than the 2 separate values, since for me departure and arrival are almost always separate stages). I would also like to see the inclination and RAAN/LAN of the 'nominal' departure orbit (not sure whether that is known at this stage)?   

Thanks for your work on this.

Hi, I've been looking at getting Matlab myself for a while, and if I already am getting it, I'm interested in compiling KSPTOT for Mac, since running it through a Linux VM has some performance issues for me. (I tried running it in a headless VM and using x-forwarding to hopefully solve the performance issues, but the MCR really didn't like that.) Could you tell me which MATLAB modules are used by KSPTOT so I can make sure I include them in my setup when purchasing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 8:48 PM, Alaygrounds said:

Is it possible to increase the numbercrunching rate (Multi-Flyby Maneuver)  by feeding it more computer resources? If so, how can I do this?

Unfortunately it is not, unless you begin using a faster CPU.

On 1/6/2022 at 2:58 AM, AVaughan said:

Wish list feature request.

When using the porkchop plotter to get a better approximation for an interplanetary transfer in RO/RP-1 than TWP, I would prefer if the porkchop plot reported both the departure dV and the arrival dV.  (Currently it reports the total dV, which is less useful than the 2 separate values, since for me departure and arrival are almost always separate stages). I would also like to see the inclination and RAAN/LAN of the 'nominal' departure orbit (not sure whether that is known at this stage)?   

Thanks for your work on this.

I could look into those changes.  Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

On 1/9/2022 at 6:27 PM, Dimitriye98 said:

Hi, I've been looking at getting Matlab myself for a while, and if I already am getting it, I'm interested in compiling KSPTOT for Mac, since running it through a Linux VM has some performance issues for me. (I tried running it in a headless VM and using x-forwarding to hopefully solve the performance issues, but the MCR really didn't like that.) Could you tell me which MATLAB modules are used by KSPTOT so I can make sure I include them in my setup when purchasing?

Sure! You'll need the parallel computing toolbox, optimization toolbox, global optimization toolbox, instrument control toolbox, and robotics toolbox.  Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  I can check later (might be next week) to find out for sure.

Sorry for the super late replies everyone, apparently my setting to follow this thread got turned off at some point and I didn't notice it.  I've re-enabled it for the future. :)