[WIN/MAC/LINUX] KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool v1.6.9 [New MATLAB Version!]

I've heard reports that deployed MATLAB applications have difficulties on tablet PCs. Doesn't sound like the problem though. I'm not sure what to tell you at this point as I've never seen this problem before. Googling didn't bring up anything useful.

One last thing: can you try running the EXE from a location you know is not write-protected? Create a new folder right in C:\ or something. Or try a USB drive.

I've heard reports that deployed MATLAB applications have difficulties on tablet PCs. Doesn't sound like the problem though. I'm not sure what to tell you at this point as I've never seen this problem before. Googling didn't bring up anything useful.

One last thing: can you try running the EXE from a location you know is not write-protected? Create a new folder right in C:\ or something. Or try a USB drive.

Ok I'll try that out tomorrow when the computer finishes the virus scan. Thanks for all your help bro. Hope it works. If it works or doesn't I'll tell you.

Just tried it same thing. Even did it on another computer and it said the same exact thing. Is it possible that you (Arrowstar) could pm me a video or a slideshow or something like that on how to download to see if I'm doing something wrong?

Edited by astroadrian99

I'm having a problem uploading this and trying it out. I followed the instructions in OP but every time I open the app, it tells that it couldn't find it. But the thing is app is there but exactly at the same the error came out, the app disappeared and another file took its place. This photo shows it all: *snip* Can anybody help me?

Had this same thing happen to me.

Windows 7 64bit

Followed instructions in OP, installed MCR 32 bit, downloaded your zip file, extracted to its own folder, then any time attempting to run the .exe file, either regular double click or even Run as Admin, the file deletes itself and windows pops up an error saying it can't find the file.

Had this same thing happen to me.

Windows 7 64bit

Followed instructions in OP, installed MCR 32 bit, downloaded your zip file, extracted to its own folder, then any time attempting to run the .exe file, either regular double click or even Run as Admin, the file deletes itself and windows pops up an error saying it can't find the file.

Yes that's exactly what's happening to me, how did you fix it? Or have you not been able to fix it yet?

Hi Arrowstar

There appears to be an error in the Optimal Two Burn Orbit Change window/function:

The following input into the Optimal Two Burn Orbit Change window

GR3JR8F.jpg

produces the following error messgae

4JKMT4y.jpg

KSPTOT version is 0.10

MATLAB compiler runtime is v81 as far as I can tell.

Not sure if this helps, but the same message is shown in a previous version of KSPTOT. I'm not sure though which version it is, there is only the Flyby Maneuver Sequencer and Optimal Two Burn Orbit change items in the Tools menue.

Update: D'oh! Well, in the meantime I noticed that I copied the SMa value directly from the persistent.sfs file without noticing that this value represents meters instead of the expected kilometers in KSPTOT. When I input the value as is expected, then the two burn solution is computed fine. My bad.

Edited by wingnut

Hi Arrowstar, I love this application! Just now I was around Eeloo with limited fuel and couldn't for the life of me get a sensible trajectory home to Kerbin. However, with KSPTOT I got precise numbers which got me a direct approach, just had to adjust it by a few seconds. Then there's the maneuver execution assistant, flyby maneuver and other goodies. I still haven't wrapped my head around all the settings and math but wanted to thank you for maintaining this peace of software. :)

Update: D'oh! Well, in the meantime I noticed that I copied the SMa value directly from the persistent.sfs file without noticing that this value represents meters instead of the expected kilometers in KSPTOT. When I input the value as is expected, then the two burn solution is computed fine. My bad.

Good to hear! :)

Hi Arrowstar, I love this application! Just now I was around Eeloo with limited fuel and couldn't for the life of me get a sensible trajectory home to Kerbin. However, with KSPTOT I got precise numbers which got me a direct approach, just had to adjust it by a few seconds. Then there's the maneuver execution assistant, flyby maneuver and other goodies. I still haven't wrapped my head around all the settings and math but wanted to thank you for maintaining this peace of software. :)

Thanks, glad you like it. :) If you have any more cool success stories, post them here. :)

Yes that's exactly what's happening to me, how did you fix it? Or have you not been able to fix it yet?

I think I finally found the issue!

Looks to be that Avast! Antivirus is declaring the file as FileRepMalware and autodeletes it. I am kind of annoyed that it didn't alert me that it was deleting the file...

It's also odd that its quarantining it even though on the virustotal website it doesn't get flagged by Avast.

Anyway, to fix, add the file to the exceptions.

I think I finally found the issue!

Looks to be that Avast! Antivirus is declaring the file as FileRepMalware and autodeletes it. I am kind of annoyed that it didn't alert me that it was deleting the file...

It's also odd that its quarantining it even though on the virustotal website it doesn't get flagged by Avast.

Anyway, to fix, add the file to the exceptions.

Thank you. Didn't expect it to be Avast. One thing, how do you add it to the exceptions.

Thank you. Didn't expect it to be Avast. One thing, how do you add it to the exceptions.

Open the User Interface (right click icon in taskbar)

Click Statistics on the lower portion of the left side menu

Click Component Status

Click on "items stored in the Virus Chest"

This should list the files that have been blocked and stored in the virus chest

Right click on the file and "Restore and add to exclusions" (will place back in the folder you had it before, if you already have it there will ask you to overwrite, can or can not, up to you, either way)

OR

Open user interface

Click Settings

Click Antivirus

Scroll down to Exclusions

Click ADD

Browse to the KSPTOT.exe file location

Open the User Interface (right click icon in taskbar)

Click Statistics on the lower portion of the left side menu

Click Component Status

Click on "items stored in the Virus Chest"

This should list the files that have been blocked and stored in the virus chest

Right click on the file and "Restore and add to exclusions" (will place back in the folder you had it before, if you already have it there will ask you to overwrite, can or can not, up to you, either way)

OR

Open user interface

Click Settings

Click Antivirus

Scroll down to Exclusions

Click ADD

Browse to the KSPTOT.exe file location

Ok thanks so much will try it out now when I get home.