NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab is obsessed with a certain game...

nyrath

A few things about that article are a bit confusing, mainly this:

The amusing part is that none of the parts necessary to build a ship that can reach Duna are available in the base game of Kerbal Space Program. So clearly NASA has been scouring the Kerbal forums looking for mod packs that will help them get the job done.

I think it's just poor writing/editing. probably meant you needed KAS to do a proper skycrane

But it clearly says you can't even reach Duna with stock parts. There is even a stock skycrane craft, albeit one without the cable.

The amusing part is that none of the parts necessary to build a ship that can reach Duna are available in the base game of Kerbal Space Program. So clearly NASA has been scouring the Kerbal forums looking for mod packs that will help them get the job done.

The journalist obviously didn't try hard enough :)

Is it just me, or does the article imply that the guys at JPL aren't so good at going to space? Where do I send my resume of KSP acheivements to apply for a job! :wink:

1, They have probably not played KSP before, and even one of them do, they've grown lax about it.

2. I have no idea, maybe JPL or Johnson Space Center?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.