How did you find the game?

Sir_Tramalot

saw it on steam as an early access thing but didn't really think it was worth looking at. than after a while and it still being on the front page I figured "well it must be good to be up here for this long" so I decided to try the demo and was instantly hooked and than bought the full version even though I usually wait for sales, though I felt better knowing that I had supported the devs more. now I'm an amature rocket builder and pilot and have just landed on the mun a few minutes ago :D (probably would have gotten there sooner if I didn't try to land on duna first, damn planet orbits :P)

*My first post yay*

Buddy of mine was playing it in the barracks during annual training this summer, I was hooked from that second. I have yet to play the game by myself but as soon as my new Lenovo Y510p gets here KSP will be the first game on it!!

I found it from Robbaz's videos(dude is hilarious). I found a video of his Surgeon Simulator video on the internet, and after I recovered from all the laughing(I almost died watching that video it was so funny), I watched his other shows, KSP included. After a couple of shows watching him have that much fun with the game, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Best money I've ever spent on a game.

I had heard people talk about it in the Beamng forums but never really looked into it. One day someone said something about it in some thread and I had nothing else to do, so I googled it and downloaded the demo. That was back in march. I didn't join the forums till April and got the game in early may. I'm completely hooked now.

Edited by rustylugnut

I was surfing the "Free Allegiance" forums, (GO CHECK IT OUT NAO) when I saw a post about this. I thought "Woohoo this looks like its free and will run on my PC easily!

(back then I had crap PC)

I then tryed the laggy demo, bought it because I thought I needed a plugin for C7 Wheels.

I watch a lot of 'quick looks' on giantbomb.com (basically gameplay vids). One of the ones they did about a year ago was KSP, and honestly not only did the game interest me, but it was one of the funniest quick looks they had done up to that point.

I saw a random dude launching rockets into space on his laptop while at a friend's. This then prompted me to spend 2 days on Google with searches like "Green dude rocket game" and "Green astronaut rocket sim" and so on until I found the KSP website!

I saw the mouseover text on this xkcd, was curious, and asked a few people about it. It seemed interesting, so I downloaded the demo, and about 30 minutes later bought the game. (Actually, it's the only game I've ever bought; all the other games I've played were either free or belonged to friends.)

I first encountered it via an EVE-related blog. Thought "must keep an eye on that". Duly did so. At some juncture I downloaded the demo on Steam, played around and discovered I found it fun. Then persuaded my better half it would be a good birthday present.

The whole story. My mom say an article in a magazine for an online outdoor game called geocaching. This led to a guy with the username of "Falcon Loader" who suggested that I may be interested in the Civil Air Patrol. That led me to a flying activity with them. A few months latter, a guy I was there with posted a link to the website on face book. I saw it, thought it was interesting, and I've been hooked ever since.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.