How did you find the game?

Sir_Tramalot

I was reading all the trash talk in the SC2013 forums and feeling disappointed about that game. Lo and behold I saw a post about a sim game that was actually fun :P it was about ksp. I got the game the day it came out on steam and haven't looked back!!

One of the guys on the Penny Arcade forums posted pics up of his first Mun landing around April this year.

I've always been a semi-space program nerd and I had been wanting a game like this forever, so I immediately had to get on board.

I first saw a tiny glimpse of it on Steam, but thought nothing of it. About a month later I was watching a NerdCubed playlist and his video showed up which sparked my intrest, but didn't get me going anywhere afterwards. I recently started watching KurtJMac's videos and am starting to finally play the game.

Whoooooo!!!

Saw an article in PC Gamer (I think), which looked interesting. I was busy with other games at the time but flagged KSP as one to remember. Came back to it a while later when I was looking for something new to do. Was delighted to find a free demo and then spent so much time playing the demo that I just had to buy the full game.

Brother showed me it when it first came out. Wasnt too interested as he was in a bad mood and wasnt really open to explaining what the game was. About 3-4 months later (when I was into EVE Online) I was watching some of Scott Manley's EVE videos and saw in the suggested bar a Kerbal Space program video by him. Remembering my brother was playing it, I clicked on it and watched. Have been hooked on it ever since :)

Was reading a Something Awful thread about the final space shuttle launch and someone posted this little simple game. I dropped a few bucks donation on it then and have been playing ever since. Back before the map view,reaching orbit with an eye on a table of orbital speeds... 2011 was such a different time...

Edited by okan170
Added clarity

Im very surprised to be the only one here, but i actually first saw the game on a playthrough by Duncan from the Yogscast. I've always been really interested in space, stars, rockets, and that kind of stuff, so i immediately took a liking to the game. As Duncan only put out episodes every few days that didn't really go that far, i found Scott Manley in my search for more video's on it. After surfing the wiki a bit i downloaded the demo, and about a week after that i bought the game (i.e. yesterday :D)

I saw KSP mentioned on the Orbiter forum, then again on TrekBBS. It looked fun, so I tried the demo and found I couldn't give Squad my money fast enough.

I played Orbiter a very long time, and being an avid reader of xkcd, this entry piqued my curiosity.

I googled "Kerbal Space Program", tried the demo, got instantly hooked by the possibility of designing your own rockets and the cartoon humour and then bought the game on the same day (0.16 I think...).

I honestly can't remember. And I've only been playing for about a month. I remember finding the website. I remember downloading the Demo. And thats when I got hooked. Immedately shared it with friends. They've gotten hooked. Three of us have had Skype calls where we challenge each other. All 3 of us now own the full version. Called my brother in the Navy. Found out he ALREADY owns and plays. (he's a nuclear physicist, and way smarted than me)

I'm trying to go back through my YouTube playlists and see if someone mentioned it. Was it SmaterEveryDay? VSauce maybe? One of Brady Haran's channels? I feel bad for not remembering, but at the time I remember it being something small in passing. And then I found the game. And now I'm hooked.

Found the game in a very kerbalish way. I stumbled over it on Steam by accident. I was completely bored and scanned for something new. And then. There. Was. A. Green. Kerbonaut. On. This. Picture. I was not able to resist. I forgot to wear my aluminum protection hat when the picture whispered "buy me... buy me... BUY ME...". I was susceptible to mind control by that little green Kerbonaut. And so I bought the game. By accident. It just happened.

I came across KSP on Steam, after frantically searching for a realistic space-themed game. Before KSP all I found were space trading/rpg games (nothing wrong with those) but I wanted something I could immerse myself in, and found it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.