How did you find the game?

Sir_Tramalot

I was playing DayZ a lot over winter and whilst watching a community dev blog about the up and coming standalone one of the questions presented in the Q&A session for Dean Hall (DayZ creator) was "what games are you playing right now". He mentioned that he'd been getting a lot of enjoyment out of a game called Kerbal Space Program. As I was a big fan of his work in Arma 2 and convinced that he liked intelligent, creative games I took a leap and seeked out a demo, the rest is history.

One day last year, I was bored, so I decided to watch some of the space videos from kurtjmac. Then, I saw some of his KSP videos and loved it, so I got the demo, and eventually, I got my parents to buy the game for me, and here I am over a year later.

A friend of mine showed it to me. I didn't like the look of it. A few months later I decided to look at it again. I played the demo, liked it, bought 0.15 the next day. And here we are.

thanks to One F Jef on good old youtube, I got into launching kerbals. In more or less safe objects aimed at the sky. So a big thanks to Jef, for making me stay up far too long on many a night :)

I don't know when I FIRST heard of it...

But someone on a completely unrelated forum showed up around the turn of the year talking about "Kerbals" and rockets and deaths... eventually, I realized he was talking about an actual game, not just his imagination. :)

Later, I saw it on Steam, recalled the name, found the demo, started watching Youtube videos, and put it on my wishlist, waiting for a sale... which just happened. SO now I'm planning giant space stations, Geosynch satellites, permanent ExtraKerbin bases, and so on...

A friend of mine got me to try it out back in the 0.13 days. We messed around with it for a few afternoons trying to get into orbit and mostly just competing to see who could go higher. I didn't mess with it much after that until Giantbomb did a quick look of it. That reminded me of how much fun I had with it in the past. I came back to see the game much improved and decided to buy so I could really follow the development. Haven't played much else since.

Through EVE Online. I've played that quite a bit on-and-off over the past few years (currently off, will probably be back on again soon once I feel like ruining someone's day again) and got exposed to TheMitanni.com. And they kept showing little green men. So I went to see what all the fuss was about. And now I have a basic understanding of rocket science. Life is like a box of chocolates indeed :)

• 1 year later...
Started seeing references to it in places like xkcd. Looked it up on tvtropes to get an overview of what it was so I could understand the references. Tvtropes has links to Scott Manley. Rest is history.

Pretty much the same here. The celebrity-geek fanbase of KSP does a lot to promote the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.