RollKage

angusmcbeth

This is FREAKING AWESOME. :D

That's what I keep saying!

Been at it again with the articulated rover bodies. Managed a more compact design with the same features (rocker suspension, articulated chassis, raising/lowering cockpit for access)

..Watching these rovers morph and mould to the terrain as you drive is really pretty cool. :D

And is it possible to increase the grip the wheels have in the cfg or something? I feel they're a bit too slippery.

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Edited by SmiteZero

I can have a look at it at some point. Have you tried making your vehicle heavier? It makes a big difference.

No.. but.. I kind of feel like that's a sub-standard solution. haha.

If there's no way I, as a user, can modify the grip, then if you can do it somehow/time that would be appreciated I think by a few people :)

No.. but.. I kind of feel like that's a sub-standard solution. haha.

If there's no way I, as a user, can modify the grip, then if you can do it somehow/time that would be appreciated I think by a few people :)

You might be interested in my Blender .mu addon. No need to use blender for your task: wheel.py is what you want (it uses other .py files in the distribution). It lets you dump a wheel's settings, tweak them in an editor, and then set the parameters.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone looking after these parts anymore? Just curious as the thread just seems to have recently come back to life and having high hopes for this.

Was looking for some direction on how to properly install this. Looks like this was created long before my time and was never put into anything like CKAN (if it was even around back then)

Cheers,

Edited by frozenwatters
Added Another Question

• 2 weeks later...

What is CKAN? :)

I'm happy for you guys to fiddle with this till your hearts content. Electricfox and Zitronen were part of the team who made this, so if they are still here, a nod from them and its all yours.

I'm done with KSP guys. Have fun, good luck in life and be happy. Ride a permanent wave of joy and live life to the full.

Best Regards

Angus

• 1 month later...

Angus,

Just FYI, I've been doing so many other things lately that I forgot to mention it. Using KIS and KAS, I brought all the pieces for the rollkage to the Mun and assembled a nice hot-rod Red sand rail for bombing around in my crater base. I'll post a couple pics later tonight.

Thanks for a great mod buddy!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, V8jester said:

I'd forgotten all about that, it was six months ago, don't even think i've touched it since using the parts for the Kerbin Dakar. I added as usual a ton of other stuff, Can't even recall if it was releasable i'll have to look. But image below covers most of it I think.

Fjim54l.pngVH08BWf.png?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.