Taking small steps

Scarecrow88

Not a mission that will set the world alight amongst you seasoned KSP'ers, but I've only been playing for a few weeks, and we all have to start somewhere, right. Anyway, after a couple of successful missions to Duna, the first needing a rescue tanker to be sent out to top up fuel tanks that wouldn't have got all the way home, I decided to have a go for Ike. I used the same craft that had got me all the way to Duna and back without fuel issues, and it proved capable of doing the same to Ike.

A couple of pics, of the occasion - the lander separating for it's decent to the surface, and the obligatory flag planting ceremony.

KSP28.jpg

KSP29.jpg

In real time this mission launched two days ago, and it's taken me until today to get the lone pilot back, choosing to launch subsidiary local missions whilst waiting for the phase angles from Ike to Kerbin to align. Happily splashdown on Kerbin occurred just a few minutes ago to conclude a mission that I'm really proud of.

Oh, they're home already. Those screenshots were taken two days ago when they got there. It's taken me until now to complete the return journey, which is why I waited before reporting. Splashdown was about 1/2 hour ago.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.