MechJeb fail...

hansman1982

People are free to play the game as they see fit' date=' what they are not free to do is make other people feel inadequate or otherwise unwelcome for the way they choose to play the game.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I see plenty of people who use Mechjeb doing just that to those who fly manually and I very rarely see them being reprimanded for it. People on both sides of the argument are at fault whenever this topic comes up, and I hope whatever moderation goes on the background reflects this. Obviously though we won't know about it since moderation decisions are generally private.

Please do not get caught in an argument over automate vs manual. KSP is a singleplayer game, honestly nobody anything does in a singleplayer game should affect you in any negative fashion.

people start to care when mechjeb users tote around a return laythe mission/whatever like a badge of honor. There's a ridiculous difference in difficulty between doing things manually and using mechjeb.

I think it's only natural that manual players get upset when mechjeb users post about their accomplishments, expecting the same level of recognition as manual players. It's like beating a game on easy mode and going to a forum full of people who play on hard mode, and expecting recognition for your accomplishment despite beating the game on a much easier difficulty.

Nobody actually cares that they're using mechjeb, they care when those people post on the forum expecting recognition.

Frankly, I don't care if someone piloted a capsule to Jool and back in real-time and no bathroom breaks. It's a game. Everyone needs to lighten up about it, regardless of how they choose to play.

People won't lighten up about this, and telling them to will just make it worse.

Anything that people invest a lot of time into, they will be passionate about. KSP is a huge timesink, so its players are typically very passionate about how they feel about the game, ranging from addon preferences to the brag threads that someone just accomplished something cool.

Telling them that it's just a game does nothing to undermine how they feel about the game, and may even be considered an attack by some. The argument that it's just a game is something that originated over people getting mad over sports and board games, not something like a full fledged hobby like KSP can be.

Edited by zalzane