Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Alright, here\'s another update. I was able to finish all of the modeling and texturing today, and she looks great! I can\'t wait to release it to you guys! @Winston: How\'s the progress on your spacecraft?

Looks great. Do the solar panels fold?

Alright, here\'s another update. I was able to finish all of the modeling and texturing today, and she looks great! I can\'t wait to release it to you guys! @Winston: How\'s the progress on your spacecraft?

hNqfW.png

anUsQ.png

Zvrjn.png

oor9P.png

DKpXG.png

bajO9.png

Jordan I dont realy like your models because there to realsitic but HOLY SH*T

Awesome stuff guys! My Kerbals were telling me the other day that they need a Delta IV heavy platform to test on before they commit to a SLS launch. By the way what is the official name of the monetary system for the Kerbals? Is there more than one?

Awesome stuff guys! My Kerbals were telling me the other day that they need a Delta IV heavy platform to test on before they commit to a SLS launch. By the way what is the official name of the monetary system for the Kerbals? Is there more than one?

Well, if you believe the roleplay forum, its the Kerbit. If you don\'t, its (fill in the blank)

Also, those are stunning models to both of you.

Guest meteorite 101

i love IFE\'s pack he makes such realistic mods. But there is some texturing that needs to be fixed. E.g like the inside of the fairings. but very great details on the exterior textures

Looks great. Do the solar panels fold?

Not yet, but they will once I program them to.

Awesome stuff guys! My Kerbals were telling me the other day that they need a Delta IV heavy platform to test on before they commit to a SLS launch.

The Intrepid IV (Delta IV) rocket is on my to-do list.

i love IFE\'s pack he makes such realistic mods. But there is some texturing that needs to be fixed. E.g like the inside of the fairings. but very great details on the exterior textures

I\'m working on updated textures as we speak. They\'ll be rolled out over the next few months as I get more time to work on them.

Not sure if it\'s been mentioned yet but the decoplers for the SRB\'s on the SLS need to be tweaked. I jettison them they scrape against the rocket and blow most of it up now.

All of the radial decouplers are messed up. A few things were changed with the 0.14 release and the physics behind 'ejectionForce' was one of them.

I\'ll release version 1.4.2 tonight when I get home from work to fix this issue.

In the meantime, if anyone finds any other bugs that just started popping up with version 0.14, please let me know, so I can fix them accordingly. Thanks!

All of the radial decouplers are messed up. A few things were changed with the 0.14 release and the physics behind 'ejectionForce' was one of them.

I\'ll release version 1.4.2 tonight when I get home from work to fix this issue.

In the meantime, if anyone finds any other bugs that just started popping up with version 0.14, please let me know, so I can fix them accordingly. Thanks!

GREAT !!! BUT WHERE YOU LIVE, I ASK THIS BECAUSES I LIVE IN SPAIN (GMT 0 ) AND IS PROBALY IM IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN YOU RELASE IT

GREAT !!! BUT WHERE YOU LIVE, I ASK THIS BECAUSES I LIVE IN SPAIN (GMT 0 ) AND IS PROBALY IM IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN YOU RELASE IT

I live in Florida and I get off work around 5 p.m. (which is 10 p.m. GMT). So, depending on how long it takes me to drive home, eat dinner, fix everything and get it uploaded, you can probably expect it to be available around 11 p.m. or 12 a.m. GMT.

I live in Florida and I get off work around 5 p.m. (which is 10 p.m. GMT). So, depending on how long it takes me to drive home, eat dinner, fix everything and get it uploaded, you can probably expect it to be available around 11 p.m. or 12 a.m. GMT.

Thank you for the info, i sure download it tomorrow

Hey Jordan, not for this update, but for the SLS, have you considered maybe adding a modified nosecone that has a small SRB so that when you decouple them the SRB fires to effect separation (this is how the real ones are separated) and not change the decouplers? Additionally, I\'m not sure how the fairing decoupling works, but is it possible to 'spring' them so that the nose separates at a faster rate than the base? This is how the real ones separate (aka 'peel open').

eh. I am not the biggest fan of this capsule I am sorry to say. but i am not quite sure why.... perhaps because it is suppose to look like orion or something.

perhaps because it is TOO realistic for a game where everything else is mostly cartoony? IDk. ;/ it is weird.

perhaps new textures would do it some good :/ you definatly might like a nice Ao burn for the textures :D that makes everything look better.

Hey Jordan, not for this update, but for the SLS, have you considered maybe adding a modified nosecone that has a small SRB so that when you decouple them the SRB fires to effect separation (this is how the real ones are separated) and not change the decouplers? Additionally, I\'m not sure how the fairing decoupling works, but is it possible to 'spring' them so that the nose separates at a faster rate than the base? This is how the real ones separate (aka 'peel open').

Right now, the nosecones are classified as S.A.S. modules. Until multiple classifications are supported for each part, I would have to remodel the nosecones. What I would do is chop the nosecones in half. The bottom half would be the S.A.S. module, and the top half would be the separation rockets. In the stage heiarchy, the nosecone rockets would be activated at the same time as the decouplers.

This would be an interesting feature to implement. Not necessarily in a practical sense, since the decouplers do exactly what they\'re supposed to, but it would be neat to look at.

As for the payload fairings, I can\'t do anything about that. They use the radial decoupler classification, so they behave as such. Until someone develops a plug-in, or HarvesteR & Co. add payload fairings to the game with their own classification, they\'re staying the way they are. Again, not necessarily a practical implementation, but a visual one.

I don\'t see this as a huge priority, but I still think it would be a neat feature. I\'ll add it to my to-do list, but I\'ll get to it when I get to it...

You could try adding a set of small motors on top of the fairings.

BTW, are you going to include a LAS on the new Orion?

Launch_escape_system_diagram.jpg

It looks pretty much like this one, but with some changes.

First, the RCS (pitch control module) is on the very top, just under the nose cap (which could act as a fuel tank).

Under that, you have two folding canards (doable as parachutes) which orient the module in the correct way.

Then, you\'ve got a tower jettison motor and under that, the main launch escape motor. And of course, a blast shield at the bottom, to cover the command pod.

The launch abort sequence looks as follows:

1). CM decouples from the rocket.

2). LAS main motor fires, the RCS is engaged.

3). Canards open, causing the CM to orient in the direction of the ground.

4). Tower jettison motor fires and CM decouples from the LAS.

5). The parachutes open and the CM descends on the ground.

Since there isn\'t any LAS of such complexity available (other than on Kosmos spacecraft, but it can\'t be easily adapted to other CMs), I\'m sure that it\'ll see some use.

Also, retro and ullage boosters for stage separation would be a nice touch.

You could try adding a set of small motors on top of the fairings.

Ain\'t happening... Too much work for such a small reward.

BTW, are you going to include a LAS on the new Orion?

Launch_escape_system_diagram.jpg

It looks pretty much like this one, but with some changes.

First, the RCS (pitch control module) is on the very top, just under the nose cap (which could act as a fuel tank).

Under that, you have two folding canards (doable as parachutes) which orient the module in the correct way.

Then, you\'ve got a tower jettison motor and under that, the main launch escape motor. And of course, a blast shield at the bottom, to cover the command pod.

The launch abort sequence looks as follows:

1). CM decouples from the rocket.

2). LAS main motor fires, the RCS is engaged.

3). Canards open, causing the CM to orient in the direction of the ground.

4). Tower jettison motor fires and CM decouples from the LAS.

5). The parachutes open and the CM descends on the ground.

Since there isn\'t any LAS of such complexity available (other than on Kosmos spacecraft, but it can\'t be easily adapted to other CMs), I\'m sure that it\'ll see some use.

Also, retro and ullage boosters for stage separation would be a nice touch.

Yes, the updated Orion MPCV will have a Launch Abort System. I\'m using this image as a reference:

655px-Orion_spacecraft_launch_configuration_%282009_revision%29.jpg

I agree that there\'s something that puts me off with the design and look of the spacecraft. There\'s something about the thing that just looks too clean and sterile, I think it\'s mostly just the plain white look of it as opposed to all the detailing on Winston\'s Cerberus vehicle.

Regardless of that, I\'m sure it\'ll be fun to fly and you may even make it look better before it\'s released.

I agree that there\'s something that puts me off with the design and look of the spacecraft. There\'s something about the thing that just looks too clean and sterile, I think it\'s mostly just the plain white look of it as opposed to all the detailing on Winston\'s Cerberus vehicle.

Regardless of that, I\'m sure it\'ll be fun to fly and you may even make it look better before it\'s released.

My main goal this past weekend was to finish the modeling and get some basic textures mapped. It\'ll be more detailed and refined when it\'s eventually released.

My main goal this past weekend was to finish the modeling and get some basic textures mapped. It\'ll be more detailed and refined when it\'s eventually released.

Alright, that\'s good, then. I was hoping that was the case, even though you said in your post that you\'d finished 'All of the modeling and texturing' which may have lead me to think that you\'d release the ship looking the same as the pictures you posted.

Right now, the nosecones are classified as S.A.S. modules. Until multiple classifications are supported for each part, I would have to remodel the nosecones. What I would do is chop the nosecones in half. The bottom half would be the S.A.S. module, and the top half would be the separation rockets. In the stage heiarchy, the nosecone rockets would be activated at the same time as the decouplers.

Thanks for the feedback Jordan. I understand that it\'s not 'easy' to do with the way parts are done now and I realize it may not be the simplest implementation, but it\'s something that I think will add for more interesting things down the road once things like recovery becomes a factor (i.e. needing to have the ejection motors, SAS, and Parachutes to be able to successfully recover them) and it makes for using the boosters on other rockets easier because some of my own designs will have issues once more aerodynamics are introduced if the motors aren\'t present. ;)

As for the payload fairings, I\'m not a developer, so I didn\'t know if it was possible or not. Since it\'s not right now, then that\'s no problem not getting it. I\'m mostly concerned that they just clear the rocket when I release them anyway, not how they look while doing it.