Infinite electricity idea

OUScooby

Right but I don't think that is what he was saying. I am pretty sure what he meant is that a solar panel most certainly can absorb energy for a light bulb. Though maybe I am the one misunderstanding him. *shrugs*

The thread is called Infinite electricity!

The thread is called Infinite electricity!

He isn't the one who made the thread though. He may not have been even commenting specifically about the ops post but someone else post. He didn't say it would creat infinite energy, if he meant that then why would his little youtube video example run out at 20 minutes? That pretty much shows he wasn't talking about infinite energy.

In any case, it's perpetual motion again.

I dunno, it would be pretty kerbally for them to successfully build a perpetual motion generator just because they're too dumb to know they can't.

It would of course immediately run out of control and explode.

I assume the RTG will be costly in career mode--either that or the Kerbals will have shorter life expectancy or won't be able to procreate if they carry several on their vessel, shrugs. Talking about the balancing reasons (i.e. why NOT carry an RTG).

I assume the RTG will be costly in career mode--either that or the Kerbals will have shorter life expectancy or won't be able to procreate if they carry several on their vessel, shrugs. Talking about the balancing reasons (i.e. why NOT carry an RTG).

I don't even bother with solar panels anymore, unless I want it to look cool, simply because RTGs are so much easier. In 0.21, it seems we will need more electricity for gyros, which may mean solar panels, or maybe not? I'm guessing at some point in the future though, solar panels will be needed, but at the moment, RTGs cover all my needs - running stock.

Nova has said before the code for pannels power gen deals with a straight line distance to the sun. nothing to do with relative light. somone reported a bug about mimnus not blocking the sun.

Just the infinite energy RTG. :)

See Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator (RTG)

Infinite you say? See the "Life Span" section... Now of course they're infinite in KSP... But I think they should just give it a fuel source that simply will last a couple hundred years. xD

*thought to self* I wonder if having the fuel last that long would cause floating point errors... Hmm... *end thought to self*

I don't even bother with solar panels anymore, unless I want it to look cool, simply because RTGs are so much easier. In 0.21, it seems we will need more electricity for gyros, which may mean solar panels, or maybe not? I'm guessing at some point in the future though, solar panels will be needed, but at the moment, RTGs cover all my needs - running stock.

Ya they need to find a way to balance that out a bit better. I try not to use the generator cause it just feels like cheating compared to solar panels, it's so much better. They at least need bigger batteries, on the moon where night can last a long time it's pretty much 1 ring battery powers 1 low power light.

See Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator (RTG)

Infinite you say? See the "Life Span" section... Now of course they're infinite in KSP... But I think they should just give it a fuel source that simply will last a couple hundred years. xD

*thought to self* I wonder if having the fuel last that long would cause floating point errors... Hmm... *end thought to self*

Nuclear fuel has a half-life of several thousand/million years, sooo...

note, I'm refering to uranium, not the stuff those use.

Edited by leax256

gigantor solar pannel=~100 charce on moho, just imagine how many RTGs you'll need to partially match that.

Supposedly, you were able to do the Illuminator/Solar panel exploit in an earlier version (or one of the dev builds, don't remember). I remember reading a patch note that explained they were fixing it.

The iluminators don't use electricity at all for me, all they do is just not turn on when there's zero electricity

Try it with just some charged batteries and no pod or anything else that generates electricity and you will see that they do infact use electricity.

You most likely had a pod or something that generated enough electricity to run those illuminators.

At least I know for a fact that they did consume electricity a few versions back, so if they dont now then there must be a bug in the latest version.

Nah, those things don't get made unles they are COMPLETLY shielded from any and all radiation.

And even if something leaked through, the background, it's likely insignificant compared to the background radiation found in space (beond the protective magnetosphere of a plannet with a spinning metal core

Wow! , to the author of the thread, have ya tried the KerbalShoppingNetwork? I found this unique baby on there for only 4 payments of 19.99:

The Kerbanator generator,

This unique unit when switched on will provide you with a virtually unlimited amount of resources such as, liquid fuel, mono propellant , oxidizer, electricity. No one is sure where it comes from, but it seems to run on 1/4 cup of face cream, 1/4 cup hope, and Jebediahs mom's home made cheese souffle.

Install this on any part, and your problems are just gone.

MODULE

{

Name = ModuleGenerator

Isalwaysactive = true. (put false if you wanna switch it on)

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

Name= liquid fuel

Rate= 100.0

}

}

Oh and you can add as many resources as you like, just be sure to have storage for them. And you only need a storage facility of 1 for each. Never runs out. WOW! But wait!

If you act now, we will send you the ginsu knife set FREE!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.