Munar orbital limbo

Zool

Oh, is it not required to do a circular orbit? I\'ve been making this challenge FAR more difficult than it needs to be o.o

People can post whatever they want, but the challenge is for the lowest apoapsis, not preiapsis.

Well, considering how much ground you cover in a single orbit and how uniformly the ground is mountainous, I would say that whatever is the highest confirmed peak is also pretty close to the lowest circular orbit you can manage without lithobraking events.

If you want to prove me wrong on that, go ahead.. do a 580m circular orbit around the Mun. No dodging or dipping up/down along the way. set it, let it run full orbit or two. I\'ll accept +-10m for accuracy :D

currently in an orbit

highest point 708m and lowest is 613m - i dont dare get any more circular then that :P

• 2 weeks later...

582m is already confirmed 'too low' by another challenge; Finding the highest peak and setting down on it.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=3922.msg43765

Well that all depends on your orbit angle. Maybe he was just lined up with a mountain, and by moving your orbit to the left/right you could avoid that mountain

Damn! What were you doing in space for 26 days? Was Jeb doing the calculations for the TMI :-\? Hmm?

He\'s just taking the game -very- seriously...

oh and:

screenshot21y.png

Almost made a full orbit but:

screenshot30a.png

But I did learn one thing:

screenshot31f.png

Stay away from the rim of the big craters...

...That\'s where you\'ll find the highest concentration of deadly peaks

Damn! What were you doing in space for 26 days? Was Jeb doing the calculations for the TMI :-\? Hmm?

my usual ritual is to orbit the Mun a few times correcting the small things so that i will land my hush puppy as close to a cluster of small mountains as i can. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.