Mission: Space Challenge

I know, I know I'm new to the forum but I've been using Kerbal Space Program a while and I have a challenge that is interesting. I was at Disney World not long ago and went on Mission: Space which revolved around the X-2 Deep Space Shuttle that could fly to Mars.

Here's the challenge part:

1. You must using stock and mod parts build as close to a replica of the X-2 as you can, modified stocks don't count.

2. Clip editing is allowed as well as mods that aren't modified stock parts.

3. It must have the three stages including areobrakes

4. Without turning unlimited fuel on you must make it as close to possible to landing on Duna as possible.

Entrying:

You have two options:

Option A: Create a video showing the replica and you launching it and flying it to Duna (Make sure to link it)

Option B: Send me the file of your design with any instruction on how you think it would work the best and I will fly it to there according to what you say.

Prize:

Your prize a unique one of a kind reusable and universal Planetary Station complete with planetary orbit and de-orbit engine, balanced decent engines, RCS tank, retractable landing gears to make it mobile, and high viability command center (SAS and Kerbin included). It can be used as a space station part as well.

You will also get a flag design for your new Planetary Station.

Rules:

1. The only cheat you can use is Cliping while editing and mod parts. All other cheats and mods are not aloud. You will be disqualified if you are found using a mod or any other cheats.

2. No chairs are allowed. (Point reduction)

3. No unmanned rockets. (Point reduction)

Scoring:

Stage 1 look alike (20 points)

Stage 2 look alike (20 points)

Stage 3 look alike (20 points)

Leaves the launch pad (10 points)

Leaves Kerbin Atmosphere (10 points)

Leaves Kerbin influence (15 points)

Enters Duna influence (15 points)

Orbits Duna (20 points)

Lands on Duna (20 points)

Lands in one piece (15 points)

Total points (165 points)

[if you don't land on Duna in one piece having all your Kerbins alive and a flag planted will make up for it but only if you bring three or more Kerbins]

Disney does have good detailed plans for it. If you want I can put it up here so you can use it as a reference.

This is mine and it is the worst you can possibly get so don't worry.

Prize video will come soon! The end date will be determined.

Deadline for first round of prizes is July 22!

Have fun!:D

Edited by willwolvescry
Rule change and Benchmark

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.