+ [Part] [1.6] Davon supply mod v025

PrivateFlip

I have thought about this mod off and on for a while now, but with .24 and now that refueling missions only cost Funds, I desire this mod more than ever. I do have one question though: On the Curse page, it says its limited to Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus. Is there a way to edit some config files or something to make it operate beyond that?

Edited by Haze-Zero

I have thought about this mod off and on for a while now, but with .24 and now that refueling missions only cost Funds, I desire this mod more than ever. I do have one question though: On the Curse page, it says its limited to Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus. Is there a way to edit some config files or something to make it operate beyond that?

No, unfortunately it's hardcoded for the moment. Previous version did allow that, but didn't think anybody was using that, so made a shortcut when implementing funds.

EDIT: Have already made the change in the code to add this back. It will be based on the planet named in the delivery time list in the part.cfg. Will wait for some likely feedback on pricing etcetera and will release it all together in a next small update.

Yay, thank you PrivateFlip!
OMG AMAZING! Thanks so much, downloading it now!

You're all very welcome!

Edited by PrivateFlip

Great, I'm totally going to use it for 0.24 since refueling automation is one of the few things I always asked to the devs.

One question, though: I don't understand whether I can have fuel delivered from a body to another, is that possible? (Since Minmus is the natural "oil field" of near-Kerbin space, "in real life" I would mine and convert Karbonite there and send the fuel down to LKO.)

Also, a suggestion about funds: would you consider a system where we could "record" a resupply run manually, the mod keeps track of the money spent and fuel mass carried in the mission, and afterwards auto-repeats it? (Charging same amount for the same mass of fuel between same stations)

• 1 month later...
The MKS/OKS Kolonization mod has a logistics module as well. Not sure if you're a part of that, but I believe it moves resources automagically surface<>surface or surface<>orbit.

From what I've seen of that, it doesn't do surface<>orbit transfer. Isn't the max range 2km?

As for this mod, I cannot seem to get it to work. The gui option on the station hub never show up, even in sandbox. Anyone run into this?

EDIT:Figured it out. Guess I tried to set it up too late last night, only copied the parts into GameData but not the plugin itself.

Edited by johnqevil

MKS/OKS has two different logistics facilities. Proximity Logistics (which automatically moves things between ground bases within 2000m) and Orbital Logistics (which moves things any distance within the same SOI as long as you have the fuel to pay for it in the craft which has the 15t logistics hub).

As a gameplay note: In my game I have added the Devon plugin to the EPL rocket part containers and into several of the

OKS inflatable containers (fuel, lifes support, repair parts). I would rather pay Devon logistics for routine orbital

deliveries instead of making them myself!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still no actual resource ship? That's sad. Good to see this being updated though!

If there would be an actual resource ship, there's not much need for the Logistics Hub itself. It would be even better if it was your own supply ship. You could transport the resources you like and also transport crew to and from orbit.

It's still in alpha but up until now it has worked well for basic supply missions: Routine Mission Manager

Looks like there might be a bug with the Career mode in .25. I delivered a new (Never Activated) station part to low Mun orbit but the Station will not activate there. Just states altered "SOI - factory reset". I dumped a some fuel in to it and clicked supply like sandbox mode and it did not increase the supply %.

If you need anything to help debug let me know.

I used this when it was first made a long time ago. I commented at that time that having an actual ship - either of your own creation or not - spawn and do an approach and docking would be super-duper awesome instead of having the resources just appear. My comment was in relation to that. :)

I used this when it was first made a long time ago. I commented at that time that having an actual ship - either of your own creation or not - spawn and do an approach and docking would be super-duper awesome instead of having the resources just appear. My comment was in relation to that. :)

I knew all that, that's why I directed you to my new mod :)

Routine Mission Manager

There were a number of people who have made similar requests and this mod does exactly this, except for docking and approach which happens while you are away. I figured that if you have a resource ship with all the resources, you don't need to hub to store it in, you can just store it in the ship or transfer it into the station if you have the time.

So i ended up making the request you made long ago, except as a standalone mod, which can dock everywhere.

If you really want to you could use the mods side by side; you would make orders through the Routine Mission Manager and you could store the resources in the hub. The hub would than just be a fuel tank, sou you could just as well use a fuel tank.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.