+ [Part] [1.6] Davon supply mod v025

PrivateFlip

I've been using Kerbal Alarm Clock to keep track of Davon deliveries, and was thinking it would make sense to automatically create alarms via KAC's API. So, I wrote that up :)

Completely useless screenshot:

HBJfA8B.png

If you want to test it, here's the DLL: https://github.com/henrybauer/DavonSupplyMod/releases/tag/KAC. Drop it in your KSP/GameData/DavonSupplyMod/Plugins folder, overwriting the existing one (make a backup first!).

Here's the diff. (The KACWrapper.cs is pulled straight from the API example, with only the namespace changed)

PrivateFlip, if you want to take over the github repo, or if you have another one somewhere and want a pull request, let me know.

I've been using Kerbal Alarm Clock to keep track of Davon deliveries, and was thinking it would make sense to automatically create alarms via KAC's API. So, I wrote that up :)

Completely useless screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/HBJfA8B.png

If you want to test it, here's the DLL: https://github.com/henrybauer/DavonSupplyMod/releases/tag/KAC. Drop it in your KSP/GameData/DavonSupplyMod/Plugins folder, overwriting the existing one (make a backup first!).

Here's the diff. (The KACWrapper.cs is pulled straight from the API example, with only the namespace changed)

PrivateFlip, if you want to take over the github repo, or if you have another one somewhere and want a pull request, let me know.

This is awesome! I would like to incorporate this.

There is a github repository for this mod, but it wasn't linked to from this thread. I've done so now.

If you make a pull request to it, I'll merge it and do some testing. For now I've added a link to your github download to the main post.

- - - Updated - - -

Err.. How much cash exactly this thingy charges for resupply? I have like 100k+ cash and can't order LFO only resupply (monoprop is full), because it's insufficient funds =\

In would cost about 100k. You can lower that by filling part of the module. Cost should be 2935 per ton for kerbin orbit (Mun 8870, Minmus 10311) plus the base cost of resources themselves.

In would cost about 100k. You can lower that by filling part of the module. Cost should be 2935 per ton for kerbin orbit (Mun 8870, Minmus 10311) plus the base cost of resources themselves.

Seems to be fair enough - manual refuel for same amount may be lower, but it'll take some real time for totally routine task.

This is awesome! I would like to incorporate this.

There is a github repository for this mod, but it wasn't linked to from this thread. I've done so now.

If you make a pull request to it, I'll merge it and do some testing. For now I've added a link to your github download to the main post.

Cool, I made the pull request. I didn't see a way to make a pull request across repos that aren't forks, so I just re-created my repo as a fork.

would it be possible to adjust the mod that it not only ressuplies the station, but also picks up stored materials ?

this mod is closest to being able to implement a full minining operation.

mine on planet, refine, transport back to kerbin orbit, let davon pick the stuff up.

thanks in advance

Hey PrivateFlip an idea for you if you are interested in making (if possible) and if others would like to see that...

basically reverting the Supply (lets call it Un-supply) the idea would work good with Karbonite or other resource gathering mods.

when you "unsupply" say 1000 units of Karbonite you would get money for it....and it would work the same way it already works just in reverse (cost for delevery from station to kerbin, Time etc etc) sparing you the time and problems of landing every time with the said resources, hope its not a too silly idea :)

would it be possible to adjust the mod that it not only ressuplies the station, but also picks up stored materials ?

this mod is closest to being able to implement a full minining operation.

mine on planet, refine, transport back to kerbin orbit, let davon pick the stuff up.

thanks in advance

Hey PrivateFlip an idea for you if you are interested in making (if possible) and if others would like to see that...

basically reverting the Supply (lets call it Un-supply) the idea would work good with Karbonite or other resource gathering mods.

when you "unsupply" say 1000 units of Karbonite you would get money for it....and it would work the same way it already works just in reverse (cost for delevery from station to kerbin, Time etc etc) sparing you the time and problems of landing every time with the said resources, hope its not a too silly idea :)

I'll consider this for the Davon Supply mod, but I do want to keep the functionality humble and simple.

It wash however extremely simple to add this functionality to my Routine Mission Manager mod. It also fits better there because it doesn't require the user to change, do or understand anything for it to work.

In version 009 (current 008), when the the ship of a "repeat mission" is ordered to return to Kerbin from Kerbin orbit, it will refund your ship and also any resources currently in it. So if the Karbonite mod or any mining mod has defined a good unitCost in the resource definition file it should pay you the money when the mission vehicle is ordered to return. The current version still refunds the price of the original mission, but I figured there is no reason why it would do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, I made the pull request. I didn't see a way to make a pull request across repos that aren't forks, so I just re-created my repo as a fork.

Pretty new to github myself, so it's not yet all so clear to me either. I accepted the pull, will test it this week.

I'll consider this for the Davon Supply mod, but I do want to keep the functionality humble and simple.

It wash however extremely simple to add this functionality to my Routine Mission Manager mod. It also fits better there because it doesn't require the user to change, do or understand anything for it to work.

In version 009 (current 008), when the the ship of a "repeat mission" is ordered to return to Kerbin from Kerbin orbit, it will refund your ship and also any resources currently in it. So if the Karbonite mod or any mining mod has defined a good unitCost in the resource definition file it should pay you the money when the mission vehicle is ordered to return. The current version still refunds the price of the original mission, but I figured there is no reason why it would do so.

good point....but i was thinking in terms of just return the resources to kerbin with "imaginary" ships the same way they are brought to the station

thou with mission manager it would be say more realistic to find a ship docked etc etc...on the other hand the idea i had in mind would at least make use of lower part counts by using only the supply ship without docked ones there too...so maybe consider Supply mod an easier version of mission manager with this idea implemented?.... but witch ever way you go i;am sure many will like it :)

and a question....by copying the Supply mod Module (from part.cfg) to a different part is it going to work? this is of course for my personal use cause i find the model a bit outdated and too bulky :)

Edited by dtoxic

good point....but i was thinking in terms of just return the resources to kerbin with "imaginary" ships the same way they are brought to the station

thou with mission manager it would be say more realistic to find a ship docked etc etc...on the other hand the idea i had in mind would at least make use of lower part counts by using only the supply ship without docked ones there too...so maybe consider Supply mod an easier version of mission manager with this idea implemented?.... but witch ever way you go i;am sure many will like it :)

and a question....by copying the Supply mod Module (from part.cfg) to a different part is it going to work? this is of course for my personal use cause i find the model a bit outdated and too bulky :)

I'll add it as a customizable option, allowing you to define "returnResources" in the part.cfg, which will be taken back to Kerbin and paid for after each delivery. Not necessarily next version but next next version, promise.

The partmodule should work in another part. You should also copy the "ModuleGenerator" partmodule, otherwise the part will behave strangely in the VAB, due to a bug in KSP.

I'll add it as a customizable option, allowing you to define "returnResources" in the part.cfg, which will be taken back to Kerbin and paid for after each delivery. Not necessarily next version but next next version, promise.

The partmodule should work in another part. You should also copy the "ModuleGenerator" partmodule, otherwise the part will behave strangely in the VAB, due to a bug in KSP.

ok thank you

Just curious, is there any chance this could be used to supply Food, Water, and Oxygen? Do I just add storage and entries to the Managed Resources list in the part.cfg?

Yes, just add RESOURCE {} entries for as much Food/Water/Oxygen as you want (you can copy the existing LiquidFuel entry), then change the ManagedResources line:

ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant

ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant, Food, Water, Oxygen

You can even take out the fuel entries, or make a second .cfg file that only delivers food/water/oxygen (so you'd have two parts) if you change the "name =" line.

• 3 weeks later...
It keeps saying "not yet supply activated" then I click supply so that it says Accepting Supply...but then when I request delivery it says not yet supply activated

I'm in science mode if that helps

Did you supply it with fuel?

In sandbox/science mode where there's no money, you instead you supply the mod with starter fuel (which it consumes) and then it starts working.

So:

1. Fly Davon supply module up to space

2. Fill up your station with fuel manually

3. Click "Supply"

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until clicking "Supply" returns "already supply-activated".

5. Click "Request Delivery"

In the stock config, you need 3x the amount of fuel supplied ("SupplyActivationFactor = 3" in the part.cfg). Since it holds 2880 LiquidFuel, 3520 Oxidizer, and 750 MonoPropellant, that means you have to fly up 8640 LiquidFuel, 10560 Oxidizer, and 2250 MonoPropellant yourself manually. You can do it a little bit at a time and just click "Supply" a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PrivateFlip and the rest of the forum!

Awesome mod! Just a request: I would love to be able to be able to add Supply functionality to my bases landed on Mun, Minmus, etc., specifically for Life Support (I'm getting bored of resupply missions!). So I tried adding a DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule to the cupola part cfg file. Unfortunately, the plugin doesn't allow for resupply to craft that are landed, only in orbit. Is this something that you could edit for lazy people like me?

Hi PrivateFlip and the rest of the forum!

Awesome mod! Just a request: I would love to be able to be able to add Supply functionality to my bases landed on Mun, Minmus, etc., specifically for Life Support (I'm getting bored of resupply missions!). So I tried adding a DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule to the cupola part cfg file. Unfortunately, the plugin doesn't allow for resupply to craft that are landed, only in orbit. Is this something that you could edit for lazy people like me?

Sounds good; next version will have that as an option in the part config option for people reusing the partmodule.

• 1 month later...
Is this dead for 1.0?

0.90 version did not work in 1.0, latest 0.13 version should work.

-One connection node was badly configured, it always had been, but previous ksp versions were apparently more relaxed regarding this.

-The part did not show up in the new science tree it's now placed under "Adv. Fuel Systems"

• 1 month later...
0.90 version did not work in 1.0, latest 0.13 version should work.

-One connection node was badly configured, it always had been, but previous ksp versions were apparently more relaxed regarding this.

-The part did not show up in the new science tree it's now placed under "Adv. Fuel Systems"

v014 is in CKAN - may take an hour or 2 to show up

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, just add RESOURCE {} entries for as much Food/Water/Oxygen as you want (you can copy the existing LiquidFuel entry), then change the ManagedResources line:

ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant

ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant, Food, Water, Oxygen

You can even take out the fuel entries, or make a second .cfg file that only delivers food/water/oxygen (so you'd have two parts) if you change the "name =" line.

Could you show an example of this for us noobs? Or better yet, a way to use a different graphic (to reduce the mem footprint) - as a simple to describe example, make this look like the the ubiquitous orange fuel tank? Or maybe a small radial tank (look just like the monoprop one, for instance) full of snacks, like a vending machine (just for fun)

I know a little bit of ModuleManager syntax to add stuff to parts (mainly from reading forum posts like how to add mechjeb to all command pods). But not how to make a whole new part.

Edited by Murdabenne

Could you show an example of this for us noobs? Or better yet, a way to use a different graphic (to reduce the mem footprint) - as an easy example, make this look like the the ubiquitous orange fuel tank? Maybe a small radial tank full of snacks, like a vending machine (just for fun)

I know a little bit of ModuleManager syntax to add stuff to parts (mainly from reading forum posts like how to add mechjeb to all command pods). But not how to make a whole new part.

I'm a complete noob (not oven module manager), so I second this.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I figured a lot of this out - except for: how can I use a different skin? I'd rather this look like a fuel tank (choose the skin, like one of the ones from Procedural Parts tanks) instead of the current appearance, or else gut a part already in use (MKS logistics part for instance) for just the model, and use this functionality instead - this way I keep the appearance of my station how I want it, but gain Davon to relieve me of the repeated resupply trips.

Edited by Murdabenne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.