+ [Part] [1.6] Davon supply mod v025

PrivateFlip

Could you show an example of this for us noobs? Or better yet, a way to use a different graphic (to reduce the mem footprint) - as a simple to describe example, make this look like the the ubiquitous orange fuel tank? Or maybe a small radial tank (look just like the monoprop one, for instance) full of snacks, like a vending machine (just for fun)

I know a little bit of ModuleManager syntax to add stuff to parts (mainly from reading forum posts like how to add mechjeb to all command pods). But not how to make a whole new part.

To add "RocketParts" and "Food" as managed resources to the Davon Logistics Hub like this:

IOCt0vZl.png

save this as "davon.cfg" (or whatever name you like, just has to end in .cfg) and put it anywhere in your GameData folder:

@PART[DavonStationLogisticsHub]:Final
{

@MODULE[DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule]
{
@ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant, RocketParts, Food
}

RESOURCE
{
name = RocketParts
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}

}

To add Davon's mechanics to a different, prettier part, like this:

gl2X6CYl.png

save this as a .cfg file:

@PART[fuelTank_long]:Final
{

%MODULE[DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule]
{
MaxDeviationValue = 5
DeliveryAmountFactor = 1
SupplyActivationFactor = 3
ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer
BaseDeliveryTime = 99999
DeliveryTimeList = Kerbin, 2, Mun, 6, Minmus, 11
CostPerTon = Kerbin, 2935, Mun, 8870, Minmus, 10311
}
}

If you wanted to clone the Logistics Hub for some reason, like to have a separate RocketParts part:

C18XcK7l.png

+PART[DavonStationLogisticsHub]:Final
{
@name = RocketPartsDavonClone
@title = Davon Station Logistics Hub (RocketParts version)
@description = The Station Logistics Hub (RocketParts version) is a cheap knock-off of the original Station Logistics Hub. Warranty void if used.
{
@ManagedResources = RocketParts
}
# Add RocketParts
RESOURCE
{
name = RocketParts
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}
# delete existing resources
!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]{}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer]{}
!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]{}
}

If you wanted to clone some other prettier part and add Davon's mechanics to that other part:

whKpViOl.png

+PART[fuelTank_long]:Final
{
@name = PrettyDavonClone
@title = Davon Station Logistics Hub (pretty version)
@description = The Station Logistics Hub (pretty version) is a cheap knock-off of the original Station Logistics Hub. Warranty void if used.
%MODULE[DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule]
{
MaxDeviationValue = 5
DeliveryAmountFactor = 1
ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer
BaseDeliveryTime = 99999

}
}

Note that the name for @PART[] has to be the name from the part's .cfg file, not the human-readable name. The FL-T800 tank is "fuelTank_long" for example. Look in GameData\Squad\Parts for the stock part .cfg files, or the mod's config files

These configs require Module Manager to be installed, of course.

Edited by hab136
typos, add pics

Great post - this belongs on the front page in the second post if there were a way to do it. Here, have some rep.

FYI - I didn't know you could add a part via ModuleManager! Amazing tool

Edited by Murdabenne

hab136, I tried some of those configs last night, and the one that creates a new part from another one (fuel tank for instance), it doesn't do anything, there is no Davon menu at all on the part - I even put it into orbit, nothing there.

Great post - this belongs on the front page in the second post if there were a way to do it. Here, have some rep.

FYI - I didn't know you could add a part via ModuleManager! Amazing tool

Added a reference to hab136's post in the first post.

hab136, I tried some of those configs last night, and the one that creates a new part from another one (fuel tank for instance), it doesn't do anything, there is no Davon menu at all on the part - I even put it into orbit, nothing there.

I wrote these without access to KSP, so they may not be 100% correct. Notably you might need @MODULE vs MODULE.. I'll test when I get a chance at home.

I've tested and fixed the configs in my post - notably, I had misspelled fuelTank_long, and it needed %MODULE not just MODULE. Also I added pics, since everyone likes pics! :)

• 1 month later...
I've tested and fixed the configs in my post - notably, I had misspelled fuelTank_long, and it needed %MODULE not just MODULE. Also I added pics, since everyone likes pics! :)

Is there a way to get this to work with all of Real Fuels or at least LqdOxygen, Kerosene, LqdHydrogen, LqdAmmonia, LqdMethane, and Hydrazine? I've got modular fuel tanks installed too. Trying to use this instead of routine mission manager to manage resources at my space stations. Is there a way to add this myself with a config file? This would be great while also providing a bit of a challenge to get it into use.

Is there a way to get this to work with all of Real Fuels or at least LqdOxygen, Kerosene, LqdHydrogen, LqdAmmonia, LqdMethane, and Hydrazine? I've got modular fuel tanks installed too. Trying to use this instead of routine mission manager to manage resources at my space stations. Is there a way to add this myself with a config file? This would be great while also providing a bit of a challenge to get it into use.

This post written by hab136 explains the basic principle. In this post he uses modulemanager to add the additional resources to the part. An alternative would be to directly add it to the part.cfg which you can find in path: \GameData\DavonSupplyMod\Parts\DavonStationLogisticsHub\

After opening the file you would find a list of part resources:

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 0
maxAmount = 3520
}
RESOURCE
{
name = MonoPropellant
amount = 250
maxAmount = 750
}

In addition there is the following line in the file:

ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant

You could edit this file to have your own fuels instead. To so add your resource to the part resources (like in the first snippet) and also add it to the ManagedResources line. In both cases spelling and capitalization should are essential.

But please refer to hab136 post for more explanation and other options.

(Since I'm the maintainer of both this mod and the routine mission manager mod I would be interested in knowing why you would like to switch to this mod.)

Edited by PrivateFlip

This post written by hab136 explains the basic principle. In this post he uses modulemanager to add the additional resources to the part.

Yeah, you can just take the RocketParts version and make a RealFuels version, something like this (untested):

+PART[DavonStationLogisticsHub]:Final
{
@name = RealFuelsDavonClone
@title = Davon Station Logistics Hub (RealFuels version)
@description = The Station Logistics Hub (RealFuels version) is a cheap knock-off of the original Station Logistics Hub. Warranty void if used.
{
@ManagedResources = LqdOxygen, Kerosene, LqdHydrogen, LqdAmmonia, LqdMethane, Hydrazine
}
RESOURCE
{
name = LqdOxygen
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Kerosene
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}
RESOURCE
{
name = LqdHydrogen
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}
RESOURCE
{
name = LqdAmmonia
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}
RESOURCE
{
name = LqdMethane
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Hydrazine
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5108
}

!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]{}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer]{}
}

Works like a charm! Thanks! I had tried to use this mod quite a while back and it didn't work for me correctly. Now that I could get it working, I wanted to see if it could benefit me from my usual routine. I wasn't trying to switch really, but just trying to experiment with both for a bit. However, it seems I may just keep using RMM. Going to play with it for a bit longer. Very useful mods, though.

I followed the examples above and I now have the Supply Mod working for all the CRP resources, but if I wanted to use this on Duna or Laythe, would I just need to edit these lines?

To look something like this?

DeliveryTimeList = Kerbin, 2, Mun, 6, Minmus, 11, Duna, 110, Laythe, 1100

CostPerTon = Kerbin, 2935, Mun, 8870, Minmus, 10311, Duna, 103110, Laythe, 1031100

Note that I haven't looked into the actual calculations, these are just example figures. I guess my question is whether which bodies it works with can be edited via cfg files or not?

I followed the examples above and I now have the Supply Mod working for all the CRP resources, but if I wanted to use this on Duna or Laythe, would I just need to edit these lines?

To look something like this?

DeliveryTimeList = Kerbin, 2, Mun, 6, Minmus, 11, Duna, 110, Laythe, 1100

CostPerTon = Kerbin, 2935, Mun, 8870, Minmus, 10311, Duna, 103110, Laythe, 1031100

Note that I haven't looked into the actual calculations, these are just example figures. I guess my question is whether which bodies it works with can be edited via cfg files or not?

Yes, they can't be edited through the cfg and the edit you made seems to be the correct edit to make.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm attempting an Ore version, as I'm taking a different tack to refueling in orbit... using converters to make whatever is needed.

I have an ore carrier attached to the module, but I have no way to transfer the ore, and I have no clue on how to do so. 

Here is my ore modification though: 

RESOURCE
{
 name = Ore
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 9000
}

MODULE
{
	name = DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule
	MaxDeviationValue = 5
	DeliveryAmountFactor = 1
	ManagedResources = Ore
	BaseDeliveryTime = 99999
}

and

!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]{}
  !RESOURCE[Oxidizer]{}

So, my question is: Am I missing a pre-requisite mod for the transfer or does this system not handle ore the same way as fuels?

(As an aside, yes, the ore is moving through the system if I turn the reprocessor on. )

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2013 at 8:39 AM, The Destroyer said:

How does this work exactly? I can't figure it out.

Like he said... I tried everything last night to get it operational but so far it says "not in orbit" (I got it in a perfect 100km orbit around Kerbin).

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2015 at 2:31 AM, kholmar said:

I am having trouble with the most recent version, it will not supply-activate. It claims it is not in orbit...It is indeed in a 250 km equatorial orbit.

any help would be appreciated!

On 1/20/2016 at 9:56 AM, wadena said:

Like he said... I tried everything last night to get it operational but so far it says "not in orbit" (I got it in a perfect 100km orbit around Kerbin).

Hello guys/girls,

Unfortunatly I cannot reproduce this bug on my system (my ksp version is v1.0.5.1028). The message "not in orbit" would only be given when pressing the button "Supply" while the vessel situation according to the game is unequal to 'orbiting'. The variable in question, in my experience, up has been pretty unambiguous so far. Could you give any more information about your system and particular install; maybe you are both running similar mods which affect this.

Regards,

Flip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-When not playing in career mode you will first have to supply it with several times the fuel capacity of the station.

The above quote is from the instructions.

I love the concept, but I don't understand what this means.  I have filled the thing full up.  How can I fill it "...with several times the capacity..."?  Isn't that impossible?

I'm in Sandbox mode, launched the supply station.  Filled it up and then I emptied it and I still get the "fuel delivery not activated" message when I call for a refill.

I'm just curious, why is activating it in career mode so much simpler? 

Thanks.

On 3/23/2016 at 3:14 PM, sardia said:

What's the difference between this and routine mission manager? Like does it work beyond kerbin SOI?

The supply mod consists of a large part you can place in orbit, often as part of a station. You can order fuel from the parts menu which will be arrive with a delay. The Routine mission manager allows you to track your own mission up to a station in orbit. After completing the mission, you can then order the re-execution of the mission a the station. This will happen in the background but will result in your mission vehicle docked at the station, including supplies it had with on on the original mission. The first mod is simple, requires little

17 hours ago, thomash said:

The above quote is from the instructions.

I love the concept, but I don't understand what this means.  I have filled the thing full up.  How can I fill it "...with several times the capacity..."?  Isn't that impossible?

I'm in Sandbox mode, launched the supply station.  Filled it up and then I emptied it and I still get the "fuel delivery not activated" message when I call for a refill.

I'm just curious, why is activating it in career mode so much simpler? 

Thanks.

After filling it you have to press the supply button. This convert the fuel an count up to an activation percentage which is shown in the part menu.

Part of the effort involved makes such a mod more acceptable to the player. After activation the fuel supplied is essentially free of effort, but because the player has to work for it by getting the heavy part into orbit and activating it with fuel supplies, it requires you to first do the supply work which this part will then take over for the rest of the game. This investment makes the part less gamebreaking. This would be less the case if the part started supplying fuel a soon as it was launched into orbit.

When career mode came out, I realized, that by requiring the player pay money for the supply, there is a much more realistic way to require some investment from the player for the service provided. The part is just as heavy, so it still requires some serious lifting to get it into orbit and it's quite expensive too.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.