+ [Part] [1.6] Davon supply mod v025

PrivateFlip

15 hours ago, HurricanKai said:

@PrivateFlip Hi, so maybe you can remember me, i wrote the Wiki, So i wouod like to ask if im allowed to use The Model and Your Code in a Fork of your Porject here, Because i realy woud like to add some extra Features, But im a realy bad at making Models :D

Be shure that i woud Credit you! Hope you Respond!

I woud Publish Everything Under the Terms of the MIT License. (If you cant Remember the Conditions, I Suggest Looking at this easy explanation)

Oh: KhaosCorp is no more on this Forum so...

It's currently under license GPL v2.0, so you can fork it at you leisure already, but I have no issues with you releasing the code under MIT.

The model is made by @KhaosCorp , we never really established anything as to the licensing of the model. I have his email, and have send him your request. I don't expect him to mind you using it: when @TheAnswerIsIsaacNewton asked for the models based on a modifications he wanted to make, Khaos didn't seem to have any reservations with sharing, however I do feel it's appropriate to ask.

EDIT: Just got a reply from KhaosCorp to your request of re-releasing the model on an MIT license:

I certainly don't mind at all. Awesome to know the mod is still being used.

EDIT2: Just commited the last version to github. Hadn't done that in a while.

Edited by PrivateFlip

Thanks! Ive already Started working on it, if you, or someone else is wondering what im doing, basicaly, i just read the Thread again, seeing if something has changed in the time i didnt have a look. and saw the first few comments, someone said, he woud like an little Modular System, and well, i liked it! So ive started to create that, and almost got an Finished Version, With An Automated Module for Automation, an Few Tank Modules (Configurable Containers) and all the Changes i had to make.

Also I love this mod! Thanks for your work again!

Edited by HurricanKai

• 3 months later...

On 12/7/2017 at 7:46 PM, HurricanKai said:

Thanks! Ive already Started working on it, if you, or someone else is wondering what im doing, basicaly, i just read the Thread again, seeing if something has changed in the time i didnt have a look. and saw the first few comments, someone said, he woud like an little Modular System, and well, i liked it! So ive started to create that, and almost got an Finished Version, With An Automated Module for Automation, an Few Tank Modules (Configurable Containers) and all the Changes i had to make.

Also I love this mod! Thanks for your work again!

Hi HurrucanKai, how are things going? Is there a development thread where people can track your progress?

When writing this post a got an automated warning I was necroing and old thread, this gives some indication how active I am on this forum.

Update

Compiled the mod for 1.4.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this mod and have used it since... well since it's inception I believe. I've finally taken the time to create an MM patch that covers a multitude of mods and because of the setup of this mod (and I love PrivateFlip for this) it is possible to add resources that you do not have access to in game, making it easy to create a single Module Manager patch to add in resources for as many mods as you can think. So I did just that.

The following MM patch adds in Ore as a possible resource for stock, and support for the following mods:

• USI-LS (5000 of each major resource, didn't spend as much time on this one yet, need to find a LiquidFuel to Mulch, Fertilizer, Supplies, Machinery, weight ratio)
  • Extraplanetary Launchpads
  • TAC-LS
  • Real Fuels (Used the config file RealTankTypes.cfg to get a baseline mass ratio and added in the most common fuel types (around 30 I believe) so all fuel ratios are equal to the Liquid Fuel that is provided by stock Davon Supply Mod
  • KSP Interstellar (This is highly WIP as I am not currently using KSPi so have not put in the time yet to add every resource, but used the same ratios as provided by RF for the ones here)

The MM Patch is here:

Spoiler

@PART[DavonStationLogisticsHub]:FINAL
@mass = 60  //38 is stock
@cost = 400000 //47000 is stock
// By Default this is set to RSS, go to the bottom and uncomment the two lines with planet names and delete or comment out the RSS planets if using stock

// Adding "Ore" to Stock Resources
RESOURCE
{
 name = Ore
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 1000
}

// USI Life Support
RESOURCE
{
 name = Supplies
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 5000
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Fertilizer
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 5000
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Mulch
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 5000
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Machinery
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 1000
}

// Extraplanetary Launchpads
RESOURCE
{
 name = RocketParts
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 1000
}

// TAC-LS
RESOURCE
{
	name = Food
	amount = 1.097
	maxAmount = 1.097
	@amount *= #$/mass$
	@maxAmount *= #$/mass$
}
RESOURCE
{
	name = Water
	amount = 0.725
	maxAmount = 0.725
	@amount *= #$/mass$
	@maxAmount *= #$/mass$
}
RESOURCE
{
	name = Oxygen
	amount = 111.038
	maxAmount = 111.038
	@amount *= #$/mass$
	@maxAmount *= #$/mass$
}

// Real Fuels (LqdHydrogen is shared with USI-MKS)
RESOURCE
{
 name = LqdHydrogen
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 23040
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Kerosene
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3840
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = LqdOxygen
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3292
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = NTO
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = UDMH
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Aerozine50
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = MMH
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = HTP
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = AvGas
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 5760
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Ethane
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Ethylene
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Ethanol
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3545
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Ethanol75
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3545
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Ethanol90
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3545 
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = LqdAmmonia
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3840 
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = LqdMethane
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3840
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Hydrazine
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 570
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = UH25
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2880
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Methanol
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3840
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = LqdFluorine
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 1152
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = NitrousOxide
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 1536
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Aniline
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 2304
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = LeadBallast
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 5000
}

// TAC Life Support
RESOURCE
{
 name = Oxygen
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 10000
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Water
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 10000
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = CO2
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 10000
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = CO
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 10000
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Nitrogen
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 485
}

// KSP Interstellar (WIP)
RESOURCE
{
 name = Methane
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3840
}
RESOURCE
{
 name = Ammonia
 amount = 0
 maxAmount = 3840
}

@MODULE
	{
		name = DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule
		@MaxDeviationValue = 5
		@DeliveryAmountFactor = 1
		@SupplyActivationFactor = 3
		@ManagedResources = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, MonoPropellant, Ore, Supplies, Fertilizer, Mulch, Machinery, RocketParts, Food, Water, Oxygen, LqdHydrogen, Kerosene, LqdOxygen, NTO, UDMH, Aerozine50, MMH, HTP, AvGas, Ethane, Ethylene, Ethanol, Ethanol75, Ethanol90, LqdAmmonia, LqdMethane, Hydrazine, UH25, Methanol, LqdFluorine, NitrousOxide, Aniline, LeadBallast, Methane, Ammonia, CO2, CO, Oxygen, Water, Nitrogen
		@BaseDeliveryTime = 99999

// UNCOMMENT THE NEXT 2 LINES FOR NON-RSS WITH A FEW CHANGES FROM STOCK, THE EXTRA RESOURCES WILL -NOT- BREAK ANYTHING, THE WRONG PLANET NAMES WILL.
		//		IF YOU DO UNCOMMENT THE NEXT 2 LINES, COMMENT OR DELETE THE TWO UNCOMMENTED LINES (THE ONES BELOW THIS) WITH RSS NAMES
		// @DeliveryTimeList = Kerbin, 2, Mun, 6, Minmus, 14
		// @CostPerTon = Kerbin, 2935, Mun, 8870, Minmus, 10311

@DeliveryTimeList = Earth, 2, Moon, 7, Mars, 30
		@CostPerTon = Earth, 2935, Moon, 8870, Mars, 10311
	}	
}

As stated before this MM patch can be used for any of these mods, you can remove the resources you don't need in order to clear the clutter of un-used resource choices on your drop-down menu in-game. Until I can figure out how to implement B9_Tank_Switch types in order to sort between mods (no idea where to start honestly) this was the best I could come up with. Tested in 1.4 and works (as well as my 1.3.1 stock modded and 1.3.1 RSS installs.

As far as balancing is concerned, that's up to you. I personally set up a non-exponentional/linear setup for every resource adding 12 tons to the mass (probably a bit under what it should be) and about 350000 to the cost. I may come back to this creating a sub-resource-module per mod and multiplying the cost and mass by some some integer (like between 0.5-1) per mod, giving range of 2.5x to 5x of the base cost and mass.

5.11.2018 - Updated to -ACTUALLY- include TAC-LS resources.

Edited by shoe7ess
Updated for TAC-LS

• 1 month later...

Love the mod, great work! It's convienent without being cheaty thanks to the delays and costs

One question though, how do I check what the costs will be? I've added some resources and noticed the supply cost a lot more than I expected, not sure how much exactly (didn't pay attention how much money I had before) but I'd like to prevent accidentally bankrupting the KSC :P

• 6 months later...

ANyone looking at this for 1.5.1?  Once Squad moves to 1.6, I am afraid that this will fall by the wayside and we will lose a great mod.  Im not worried about the part - someone can convert it to use a proper sized stock fuel tank for all I care. 

I don't use the part at all. I did a Ubiozor weld of a 2.5m tank, battery & a couple of cheap solar panels, and a big probe core, then added the mod functionality to it with the appropriate changes to mass and cost and quantity.  It looks pretty good.  I have several varieties depending on the use (fuel, mono, ores, USI materials etc) all docked together. That way I can have a functional space station that doesn't tie me up flying cargo to it.  I "roleplay" it as if I'm hiring SpaceX & Elon Musk or Bezos and Blue Origin to deliver things - I just tell them what I want, give them money and they do the rest.

Its the code and dll that matter most.

Edited by Murdabenne

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

-compiled against 1.5.1 libraries

-added functionality to show the cost of the delivery when pressing "Check delivery" before making an actual delivery. This functionality was requested by a user.

As I uploaded this unto spacedock I found out there is already a new version of KSP...

Update update:

-compiled against 1.6.0 libraries. version 025

Edited by PrivateFlip

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Interesting.  No issues at all? 

nope none that i could see,ill test it a bit more but as of now on 1.9.0 it works ok, did not get the chance to test it on 1.9.1 yet but i assume it will work also since no major changes occurred in the latest update but then again i might be wrong, will let you know later today how it goes 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.