Things that sadden you about KSP

llamatoes

intakes...

why do i need 30+ intakes for a big ssto?? my planes look pretty stupid with all those intakes. :confused:

just look at sr-71 blackbird, it only needs 2 intakes (yea its no ssto but can fly very high..)

hint; you're doing it wrong.

the lack of vanilla mechanics to enable you to land accurately

What?

travel to other planets

What?

even travel to the Mun and get back again is all done by guesswork even if you have some of the mods.

What?

And the career etc is still seemingly months and months away yet, if not years away.

What?

Its a great game with great potential but will it ever get fully realised in my lifetime

What?

If this were another forum I'd give you a very poor troll attempt rating.

hint; you're doing it wrong.

hint: its has 16 turbojets and ~600 parts ;)

limited part count is another issue, but if 600 parts would run smoothly i would just build a 2000 part ship... :D

Edited by spaceBrezel

...travel to other planets, even travel to the Mun and get back again is all done by guesswork even if you have some of the mods.

Bit puzzled about this part. If you said 'done by trial and error' I'd agree with you. Unless you're good enough at the game to plonk down a maneuver node, pull out the apoapsis and reliably hit an encounter with the planet or moon of your choice, then you're going to be using a bit of trial and error for sure. It's definitely possible to learn from that though and use less trial (and hopefully less error :) ) next time you try something. To me, this is a long way from guesswork, which I would take to mean just putzing around with the UI and hoping for the best.

I'd also argue that a UI that reliably lets you do something amazingly complicated like plotting a trajectory to another planet, using trial and error, is a pretty darn good UI.

The fact that you have to resort on mods that have hig odds of introducing a plethora of bugs even not related to the mod at all just to have simple features that should have been implanted in the first place. No, I'm not taking about Mechjeb. I'm talking about things like Maneuver Node Improvement, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kerbal Crew Manifest, Graphotron....Things like that.

It saddens me that spawning kerbals is so intensive. I wish my kerbals were more free, able to go into a cockpit, sit down, get up.. move around.. all without having this silly reloading and different scene changes.

Aside from the bugs, weirdness in VAB, I am sure everyone understands Alpha is Alpha, what I would like to see is difficulty settings. I am a pretty smart guy, but it is a little discouraging spending 20 hours learning how to rendezvous (And still have not completed one yet).

rendezvous.

Before I got mechjeb (which made some things easier in that area), I made a space station, all by hand, difficult as hell.

screenshot31_by_mrrogueace-d667j0t.png

Of course, if you know me so far, I suffer from texture issues, so basicly it was a miracle getting all the items to it.

The image was on a better computer that I don't have access to 24/7

Aside from the bugs, weirdness in VAB, I am sure everyone understands Alpha is Alpha, what I would like to see is difficulty settings. I am a pretty smart guy, but it is a little discouraging spending 20 hours learning how to rendezvous (And still have not completed one yet).

That's a long time o_O

The worst thing for me (when it comes to docking) was to master the last few dozens meters... Then I noticed that you can actually use navball to almost dock with closed eyes ><

What saddens me (and wasn't mentioned already) is that game forgets your selected target when you change ships and forgets which fuel tank you disabled after loading save (I ended up crashing because of this).

• 1 month later...
Yeah post your tips and tricks here guys :)

Something I like to do is put a docking port on top of a parachute, as the port surface attaches, also the docking ports have the lowest separation strength of all decouplers so they are great for dropping probes accurately.

Yeah I do a similar thing, I use radial chutes then an aerodynamic docking port! :P

It saddens me that spawning kerbals is so intensive. I wish my kerbals were more free, able to go into a cockpit, sit down, get up.. move around.. all without having this silly reloading and different scene changes.

Yeah that would be great, I've got a list of brainstorms of things that would be nice to have added, but most would either be hard or impossible, :(

Eve saddens me.

Why is that?

Because at the time of posting, I was struggling to make a return vehicle. I eventually managed though.

Something else that saddens me:

By the time we get to Beta, Star Citizen will be out and I won't have time for KSP. :)

But that doesn't reeeeealy sadden me because I'll be so immersed in the verse.

can't wait. HANGER THIS MONTH!

What saddens me is that big bases will always be laggy, even if we get multithreading, once you have a station or ground base over 500 parts or so, the lag is going to be noticable, it may get better, but it will always be a limit. All these kind of sandbox games hits these barriers, GMod, Minecraft, etc

Limitations in the VAB on attachment nodes and principal parts. I'd love to be able to build a bit of a ship with multiple parts and then be able to take it off, spin it around and stick it back on with another part.

Its alpha and it will stay alpha.

The game is just a little too kerbal to ever be finished product.

Unity engine is like SRB and game idea is the command seat.

If some miracle happen and the game will be finished what do you think will be the prize tag (5$€ in steam?).

I paid some 20$€ for this alpha and its been one of the most value for money games that i have ever played.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.