In the spirit of cooperation and competition

Nauthy

Hmm, that's basically what I did, a couple of times. I only saw one instance of the line for docking. I must've just missed something, then. Are you able to make the necessary changes? Since you know where the problem's located. If not, I'll fix it up for tomorrow.

And Spyrit, you should've recorded that for the lulz :P I'd love to see videos of people just messing around with the builds!

I might later on :P.

For merging persistances... its by far the safest from what i've seen to only merge distinct crafts/fully-docked-entities from one file onto the other. If you're going to start messing with what is docked to what, you're going to run into trouble.

A week later, Nauthy finally returns...ugh. I'd like to blame the lack of recent activity on the screaming hellspawn that's my niece. Who knew that helping to take care of a newborn could be so time consuming?

Anyways, I'm home again, so I can get that merge done now. I don't have time to do it tonight, as it's already pretty late and I need to be up early, but I'll get it done for tomorrow afternoon. Not gonna go back on my promise this time, I swear!

I've gotta ask you guys something important, though. As you're all aware, I'm pretty terrible at being organized, so I'm wondering if anyone would like to lend me a hand with leading this project? All it would involve is trying to keep things running smoothly and getting people to participate, including inviting new folk to join us. If anyone's interested, please let me know :) I'd like to keep the KCBP going, but I'm finding it difficult to make time in my already cramped schedule. I feel pretty guilty for abandoning you guys all the time. With some help, we could get things going again and spark some fresh interest in the project!

EDIT: Here's the merged file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfdgduknfnlkl0d/persistent.sfs

I think I've got everything sorted out, nothing seems to be broken anymore and everything is in the right place. If someone else could double check, that'd be great.

Edited by Nauthy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure. It's been a while since the last post. Perhaps we should recruit some people?

Sorry - i've been very busy with resits, and on top of that there's so many games vying for my attention :P.

Nauthy, you still here? You're the project leader - got an official status?

Seems to me like we could recruit more people again, but none seem to have been coming in for a long time. I guess people have just gotten used to seeing this post bump up every now and then :P. And we'd have to have part of the old crew here, or it'd be kinda disjoint.

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.