In the spirit of cooperation and competition

Nauthy

Okay, forget my plan, I just did recorded my Conquering Jool Episode 3 and large things like that take FOREVER to burn.

The Conqueror, which is smaller than my plan for a mothership, had a 13 minute burn time. And I couldn't time accelerate.

Nauthy, your plan is much better. Keep up the good thinking.

Btw, figured out how to do pics!

Ladies and gentlemen, the long-awaited Jool Conqueror 9000!

gPProVa.png

-Cake

How to do pics: Firstly you want to upload your images to Imgur http://imgur.com/, then just copy the image link in your browser, click on the image icon in the posty thing on the forum(4th along after the smiley face) and paste the link.

http://www./view/d1f34yb7c7b227b/persistent.sfs

here you go, link to the persistance file.

Cool, dude, great job! Looking forward to the video :)

That interplanetary transport looks pretty sturdy, Cake, I will probably steal some ideas from it. I'll have a bit of time this weekend to work on something, I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

Holo, if you're around to read this, you're up next on the project! If not, I'll send him a PM tomorrow and we'll go from there.

On that note, who's interested in setting up another module for the Minmus bases? You're not restricted to whatever station you were on initially, but all the other rules still apply. I want to get a few more pieces in place before we move on. As it is right now, there's only a couple of people left. The orbital station is probably doing alright, but the ground base is definitely still too empty. Lemme know!

Cool, dude, great job! Looking forward to the video :)

That interplanetary transport looks pretty sturdy, Cake, I will probably steal some ideas from it. I'll have a bit of time this weekend to work on something, I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

Holo, if you're around to read this, you're up next on the project! If not, I'll send him a PM tomorrow and we'll go from there.

On that note, who's interested in setting up another module for the Minmus bases? You're not restricted to whatever station you were on initially, but all the other rules still apply. I want to get a few more pieces in place before we move on. As it is right now, there's only a couple of people left. The orbital station is probably doing alright, but the ground base is definitely still too empty. Lemme know!

I could land a science lab :-).

The depot i currently have standing is extremely hard to dock on to with the shuttle again i found out, and it lacks a probe core. I could replace that with a Mk. II replaceable deplaceable depot while im at it - i'll add some small radial engines so it can move itself, and a probe core so it can be remote controlled. The current rover docks extremely nicely with the depot, so i was thinking of a service rover, but we dont really have anything else to service xD. And its easy for rovers to dock to the depot anyway, so as long as they have a teensy bit of rotational authority they can probably dock themselves.

I have a vacation coming up, too, so i should be faster with my video this time :P.

Leax, I just checked your persistence, looks like you left a bunch of modded debris somewhere.

Also, there are two random RCS tanks escaping Minmus.

But it's nice to have the station looking like a proper Space Station!

just load it in stock game, they dissapear. Also those aren't quite random.

Haven't heard back from Holo yet, I PMed him a couple of days ago. I'll wait another day or so before I ask Goose to work on his module.

Spyrit, if you want to get started on that lab, you're more than welcome to :) We can get it out there as soon as possible

I'm up for a launch to the base, but my screen recorder's broken. Do you know of any good free ones.

You could try Camtasia or HyperCam, I've heard ok things about 'em. Not totally sure, though, I've been using fraps for ages.

And good stuff, leax! Gonna add the video to all the appropriate places (playlist, op post, etc.)

I've got my last exam coming up Saturday, and if i get your all-clear, ill start my lab module then. As mentioned, i might also make small tweaks to the ground supply depot, depending on how many free parts i have left from my two constructions. The depot is rather difficult to dock to unless you have a rover so i might add a teensy one if i can spare 15 parts.

Also, my youtube video won't load on my computer. Anyone else having the same problem, and if so, any hypothesies as to why?

Note how Leax nicely displays the current module comes with built-in topple/fly-away functionality to prevent damage when hit by rover. Landing systems and reorientation possibility to be added in Mk. II design.

Also i just noticed my video actually has a comment xD. Youtube wont let me reply, but Cake asked me what the winglets are for.

Welll they were really just for launch. I also have an unfortunate habit of needing my transfer stages to complete my orbital insertion. But mainly launch - for some reason, i have absolutely NO idea why, my rockets like to start rotating clockwise when i launch them, so i usually put some winglets up for added stabilisation.

Edited by Spyritdragon

Hey, could you guys give me a bit of input?

Which video format is better, this:

Or this: http://youtu.be/6xDQx7VQywM

I'm really curious.

1) Episode 5 seemed better. You really shouldn't have pure voice unless you have an interesting voice, always have something useful to say, or the gameplay is constanly interesting.

2) You should also add a link to Kevin's website and the song in the desc.

3) What happened with ep 5 and the negitiveness?

also, that was a perfect choice for the music.

Edited by leax256

1) Episode 5 seemed better. You really shouldn't have pure voice unless you have an interesting voice, always have something useful to say, or the gameplay is constanly interesting.

2) You should also add a link to Kevin's website and the song in the desc.

3) What happened with ep 5 and the negitiveness?

also, that was a perfect choice for the music.

1) Thank you for your useful input. It really helped.

2) I forgot to do that. Thanks for pointing that out.

3) It just looks cool.

-Cake

I've got my last exam coming up Saturday, and if i get your all-clear, ill start my lab module then. As mentioned, i might also make small tweaks to the ground supply depot, depending on how many free parts i have left from my two constructions. The depot is rather difficult to dock to unless you have a rover so i might add a teensy one if i can spare 15 parts.

Go ahead when you get a chance, Spyrit :) I'll probably be adding a module or two to the ground base as well after you, if no one else is interested.

Holo, were you able to get the recording software working?

Yeah Cake, for sure! We certainly need more things down there, it's kinda of a sad lookin' tiny base, heh. We could probably use some sort of a habitation module, maybe some power generation. If you have any ideas let us know here, but basically anything goes.

Yeah Cake, for sure! We certainly need more things down there, it's kinda of a sad lookin' tiny base, heh. We could probably use some sort of a habitation module, maybe some power generation. If you have any ideas let us know here, but basically anything goes.

So can I just grab the save and start now?

I'll give you a sneak peek, this is essentially my plan for the base:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxf3cy5uFE

In fact, I think I'm gonna recreate that scene as a joke.

Of course, it will have to be <40 parts... I accept this challenge.

Edited by CakeNinjaProductions

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.