Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

I agree that we need a new thread designed to the new standard of 1.0.4

I second (err third) that, there is too much clutter here for macey or anyone to be able to get ships easily and clearly.

I have some ships that i feel may work (and all are under 300 parts atm), so theyll end up submissioned sooner or later. As for the basestar, the new one which isnt as much of a replica but more of a inspired by basestar vessel is so much better, less lag, and the way it works it aerobrakes so bloody well. i actually feel that i can pull off a fully weaponized basestar like vessel (well it is a basestar but its fully symmetric and both triangle things are facing same way unlike in BSG series, not sure if the ship was actually capable of rotating one of the halves by 180 degrees or not).

That middle right ship looks like hammerhead class cruiser

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080624043154/starwars/images/2/2d/Endarconcept.jpg

Yeah everyone says that, but I was more going after the look of the Starcraft Battle Cruiser. BTW all of those ships are under 200 parts so there's lots of room to add weapons and armor. All my craft are fully stock so I can share them out easily and I have a hard limit of 255 parts including launcher because I only have a level 2 VAB.

latest?cb=20080517081647

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

My 1st submission (i will update this to be an actual sub once you start officially taking ships):

The AKS VK-BS-IV prototype assault carrier (it has actual room to fit mosquiot or similar sized vessels inside it, some ammo, and it has its own dedicated missile bays in each of the 6 wings or whatever they are called that stick out. Armor is of medium quality, no worse then the Laniakea, but also not exactly great against anything but weakish torps/missiles. RT-10s or other higher powered weapons will blow chunks off of the ship very quickly.

Its still being updated (i need to rebuild the launch stage from scratch as its currently bugged. Launch clamps randomly spawning after launch sometimes cutting off engines/parts of ship, staging the KR-2Ls requires 2 clicks, and explodes the entire fuel tank+decoupler+engine assembly for whatever reason below it (luckily im dumping this anyways), and a whole slew of other bugs that seems to occur when i have no centralized engine to push it up.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Technical specs right now are:

385 parts, 1200 tons with current launcher (subject to change as im making a better launch stage for it).

275 parts, 120t once in orbit.

Comes with 6 KDrone-S missiles for anti-fighter duty, weak, but with good aim and targeting weakspots you can at a minimum cripple a fighter (they are quite accurate, similar to those anti-fighter weapons the vanguard has in season 1).

Room for 18 0.6m missiles (6 slots are filled by default), and 6 1.25m missiles (if docking ports are used as weapons hardpoints, extra 6 1.25ms and 8 0.6ms).

Room to house 8 mosquito sized fighters internally, and room for 6 larger vessels externally using docking ports (these spots can always be used to house extra weapons or ammunition stacks), and fighters can always be docked in teh weapons bays allowing in theory one to carry 26 mosquito fighters, although weapons bays cannot be closed when they are used to store fighters.

Around 2Km/s dV if you do not count any range you will achieve with the booster stage leftovers.

Aerobrake rated and tested on duna, laythe and kerbin reentry (well it explodes after hitting the ground but stays together until crashing into the ground).

Looks cool (ok thats subjective but i feel it does look cool).

Very low lag as its ONLY 250 parts without any weapons, and under 230 if you decide not to bring any weapons and remove the docking ports that are designed to carry weapons.

Massive surface area, so if you want to attach docking ports, whatever, there should be plenty of space to place them in whatever way you want. Its quite easy to customize thoughm, replace dodkcing ports with claws, or dump em entirely if you dont need them and save part count.

Tetradic Labs is a developer of highly advanced space platforms with focuses on part efficiency and durability. Tetradic Labs's main objective is to build a massive Gravioli Resonance Field Generator in order to change Kerbol's gravitational field to a true inverse square law model. This would allow us to commence construction on a massive interstellar ship.

Now, Tetradic Labs is short on cash, so we're resorting to designing and producing space platforms for other corporations.

Our battle analysis of the Laythe incident suggests that the Mosquito fighter could use some serious improvements. And thus, we would like to unveil the Delta Drone:

http://i.imgur.com/oQb9hAc.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/MJ6JY1O.jpg

This little platform packs enough fuel to make a trip from a carrier to a moon and back. The Delta Drone also boasts 3 Junior hardpoints which are ideal for a wide range of payloads. All this for a measly 36 parts.

SO CUTE! Looks very practical too, nice. Sorry if I'm a bit over the top but its not often a craft stands out to me like yours.the Ideas are what I love the most about these kinds of threads along with the back storys of course :D.

Planetfall

Ah, I just looked at the date that was posted. I like to be relevant, oops.

Edited by Planetfall

SO CUTE! Looks very practical too, nice. Sorry if I'm a bit over the top but its not often a craft stands out to me like yours.the Ideas are what I love the most about these kinds of threads along with the back storys of course :D.

Planetfall

thats the reason i actually enjoyed Macey's series, it actually has some story and the ships arent all 100% competitive designs. Ive myself stopped making 100% competitive ships/weapons as its not as fun in my opinion as some weaker vessels with weaker guns on them, but they are still balanced with each other.

Also Macey, you really need to take a look at the subs closely (when/if you will be using our ships), as there are many ships on here that are so powerful/competitive that they comopletely outclass everything in your vids (as in ships thatd be immune to the vanguard 100%, i have some like that myself btw). Although its nice to make feats of engineering, i doubt theyll fit well into the series if nothing whatsoever can destroy them except themselves, and ofc you cant launch them into orbit either.

Ohh, and my 1st successful 100% stock and no Hedit used laythe trip in my new assault carrier:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Getting that aerobrake was PAINFUL, it took what, 6ish tries if i recall correctly before i got it low enough that it actually did something, but high enough that nothing whatsoever exploded.

thats the reason i actually enjoyed Macey's series, it actually has some story and the ships arent all 100% competitive designs. Ive myself stopped making 100% competitive ships/weapons as its not as fun in my opinion as some weaker vessels with weaker guns on them, but they are still balanced with each other.

Also Macey, you really need to take a look at the subs closely (when/if you will be using our ships), as there are many ships on here that are so powerful/competitive that they comopletely outclass everything in your vids (as in ships thatd be immune to the vanguard 100%, i have some like that myself btw). Although its nice to make feats of engineering, i doubt theyll fit well into the series if nothing whatsoever can destroy them except themselves, and ofc you cant launch them into orbit either.

Ohh, and my 1st successful 100% stock and no Hedit used laythe trip in my new assault carrier:

http://imgur.com/a/Prx78

Getting that aerobrake was PAINFUL, it took what, 6ish tries if i recall correctly before i got it low enough that it actually did something, but high enough that nothing whatsoever exploded.

Wow. That thing deserves its own thread...

Rune. With daylight pictures, while we are at it. Or install Ambient Light Adjustment!

Macey Dean has not hinted that he will be taking any requests yet. It would be cool if he did. But it would also spell absolute doom for his ships.

He actually replied to someone in the YouTube comments of his latest video regarding this, I believe he was responding to Grand Master Flash.

Here's the quote:

I will be opening submissions soon, along with an updated submission video describing relevant categories. There are a few things I need to set up first (before I can administrate it fairly and make sure everyone is replied to), one of them being time.

If anyone reading this wants an unofficial head start on that process, please send a short YouTube message to me including an imgur image that best encapsulates your design. If you get in to the future submissions folder I will reply. Good luck!

http://imgur.com/a/Prx78

that is the most amazing carrier i have ever seen.

it reminds me of my old experimental carrier days, when i would use large spaceplane parts for the body of the craft.

LEFHerH.jpg

the only problem with this is that it is not well armored...

i have since moved on to my innovative multi carrier designs:

CH3a8FM.jpg

they are much more battle stations than carriers.

I really think Macey Dean should request stock ground forces too.

JDlcdzc.jpg

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130992-Relentless-E-3-Heavy-Tank

All together it is above 300 parts but in use it is actually technically two separate crafts both around the 300 part limit. And it's look and functionality is really worth it.

Edited by Jon144

Is the launcher and/or weaponry included in the 300 part rule?

I think the 300 part count rule should be raised to about 400 or 500 parts since KSP is a lot more stable than it was when this thread was started. Especially since a move to Unity 5 is around the corner that will drastically improve high part count FPS.

that is the most amazing carrier i have ever seen.

it reminds me of my old experimental carrier days, when i would use large spaceplane parts for the body of the craft.

http://i.imgur.com/LEFHerH.jpg

the only problem with this is that it is not well armored...

i have since moved on to my innovative multi carrier designs:

http://i.imgur.com/CH3a8FM.jpg

they are much more battle stations than carriers.

I dont care about armor with carriers as i view them as carriers that can act as capital ships if absolutely needed, not the other way around. For armored carriers my new SK-CRV-IV will do the trick, its basically a corvette hull with side mounted fighter bays (kinda galactica style as i didnt have room to actualkly have them inside). These bays are vulnurable but can house 2 FK-140(i) or FK-101 fighters each, as well as 2 KDrone-M missiles all internally, and well, they are attached via decouplers so if push comes to shove, i can dump them entirely after launching fightrs and act as a full scale capital ship. Those bays can also house multiple missiles though, so if i dont want fighters i can always bring a crapload of extra ammunition, if for whatever reason the already overkill 20+ shots it gets standard isnt enough (varied ordinance like most of my new ships, i nolonger focus purely on anti-capital weapons as its more fun to have variety).

Anyways, glad u like the carrier i made, you can download the prototype version (used in the pics) from the repository on my company page (just click the image in my sig), along with plenty of other junk that sofar hasnt been updated to 1.04 standards but should still technically work. Vtw, dont download the SK-CRV-I proto, that thing is broken as i just found out it is prone to resonance kraken attacks that make it unusable as anything but target practice.

I think the 300 part count rule should be raised to about 400 or 500 parts since KSP is a lot more stable than it was when this thread was started. Especially since a move to Unity 5 is around the corner that will drastically improve high part count FPS.

I still feel ~300 is a good base part count, since it allows interaction and multiple ships in teh same spot, something ive always liked myself with KSP, having fleets of ships all loaded up together instead of one or two at most ships. Also, the U5 upgrade based on what ive heard isnt something thats going to triple or quadruple the max parts before lag issue. It is supposed to help some, but its not like its going to magically allow 2000 part ships to be made and not lag you to death. Im honestly hoping itll at a minimum allow a lag-free or near lag-free 1000 part vessel to be used alongside maybee 2-3 small 20 part fighters or something. That would be perfectly reasonable, as right now anything above 500 parts starts to show some lag, with 1000 being my absolute max limit before i start to tear my eyes out, although i do not actually enjoy playing with that much lag (i dont have a bad machine either, its just lowish clock speeds and since KSP cant actually use multiple cores, its bad (and the GPU although being 2nd best availeable at the time i got my rig a year or so ago is meaningless as well since 90% of the lag comes from CPU and physics calcs).

Edited by panzer1b

I dont care about armor with carriers as i view them as carriers that can act as capital ships if absolutely needed, not the other way around. For armored carriers my new SK-CRV-IV will do the trick, its basically a corvette hull with side mounted fighter bays (kinda galactica style as i didnt have room to actualkly have them inside). These bays are vulnurable but can house 2 FK-140(i) or FK-101 fighters each, as well as 2 KDrone-M missiles all internally, and well, they are attached via decouplers so if push comes to shove, i can dump them entirely after launching fightrs and act as a full scale capital ship. Those bays can also house multiple missiles though, so if i dont want fighters i can always bring a crapload of extra ammunition, if for whatever reason the already overkill 20+ shots it gets standard isnt enough (varied ordinance like most of my new ships, i nolonger focus purely on anti-capital weapons as its more fun to have variety).

Anyways, glad u like the carrier i made, you can download the prototype version (used in the pics) from the repository on my company page (just click the image in my sig), along with plenty of other junk that sofar hasnt been updated to 1.04 standards but should still technically work. Vtw, dont download the SK-CRV-I proto, that thing is broken as i just found out it is prone to resonance kraken attacks that make it unusable as anything but target practice.

I still feel ~300 is a good base part count, since it allows interaction and multiple ships in teh same spot, something ive always liked myself with KSP, having fleets of ships all loaded up together instead of one or two at most ships. Also, the U5 upgrade based on what ive heard isnt something thats going to triple or quadruple the max parts before lag issue. It is supposed to help some, but its not like its going to magically allow 2000 part ships to be made and not lag you to death. Im honestly hoping itll at a minimum allow a lag-free or near lag-free 1000 part vessel to be used alongside maybee 2-3 small 20 part fighters or something. That would be perfectly reasonable, as right now anything above 500 parts starts to show some lag, with 1000 being my absolute max limit before i start to tear my eyes out, although i do not actually enjoy playing with that much lag (i dont have a bad machine either, its just lowish clock speeds and since KSP cant actually use multiple cores, its bad (and the GPU although being 2nd best availeable at the time i got my rig a year or so ago is meaningless as well since 90% of the lag comes from CPU and physics calcs).

You do understand though that Unity 5 comes with multi-threading. The whole reason KSP lags so much is that it only ever uses a fraction of your CPU. Now with the upgrade KSP's performance will be based more on your computer's power than the code of the game itself. You really can't do all that much with only 300 parts in KSP.

Unity 5's ability to have your CPU work at it's real potential is why everyone is so excited about it. Unless Squad really messes something up it really will impact the performance of the game.

If you actually did have a quad-core... your performance should be able to at least double from the move to Unity 5 if not more.

As long as only two really big capital ships show up on screen at the same time and Macey speeds up the footage in editing there should be no problem with higher part-count stuff anyways.

Edited by Jon144

Us with quad core cpus will love it!

I have a quad, thats is my issue, only one bloody core is being used. Hopefully (assuming that as someone said, squad doesnt mess it up), that means ill be able to actually enjoy large scale projects, and maybee just maybee ill be able to have my lunar corporation base on mars actually finished. I spent so much time and effort on that thing, just partr count lag is killing it as the entire base has over 1500 parts in one spot, and thats WITHOUT the dual cannon towers or electric fence towers deployed which will add at least 1000 to it.

That, and competitive capital ships will come back from the dead for me.

Re-releasing this since I had to rebuild everything from scratch.

1OmlMMH.jpg

SSDC Mass Acceleration Combat Vessel

http://www./download/mz0p599cs08k78o/MACV.rar

Part Count: 140 (excluding launch vehicle)

Main Armament: x1 Mjolnir Mk1 Booster Gun (credit goes to chunkblaster's amazing "gun")

Propulsion: x4 LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor

Action Groups:

1 - Main Propulsion

2 - Fire Gun

3 - Start up Fuel Cell (in case of damaged Solar Panels)

4 - Toggle Solar Panels

Instructions on Launch:

The lifter relies on patience.

Really.

Throttle up to 100% and let it slowly crawl up to 25 km. Make sure to decouple the first fuel tanks/stage when they're out so you'll have to pull less weight up. Once you reach 25 km (and out of that thick part of the atmosphere), that's when you turn the ship 45 degrees. You'll have around 2000 pts or lower worth of fuel from the side tanks for that burn. But once they're out, decouple with caution. I usually kill the engine before I decouple since those tanks have a tendency to whip aggressively when decoupled while accelerating.

Anyway, throttle up to 50% on your circularization burn (weird kraken-like effects happen when you punch it to the max. dunno why) and every now and then use the LV-Ns to assist. I assure you, this ship can really get into orbit.

Background (OOC):

This ship was heavily inspired by chunkblaster's Baldur Gun Frigate back in '13 (or '14, I think). During that time, I made the first 2 MACVs: the Magellan and the Columbus, and posted them here. Unfortunately, they suffered from 3 major drawbacks. First, the double magazine build complicated its use and reduced the gun's reliability tenfold. Next, it would've been a pain in the rear to play a 400+ to 600+ part ship. Finally, I couldn't find a feasible design for a lifter (Yes, all gun simulations were done with Hyperedit).

So I waited for update after update, and I rebuilt the ship over and over again until the day Macey Dean went back online came. I was inspired once more. So I rewatched his videos, and realized that I had to reduce the ship's part count as much as I could. I stripped and shortened it until it just got to its current part count.

Oh, and a massive thank you to chunkblaster for listening to my questions about this around a year or so ago. Anyway, enjoy the ship! (And I hope this gets picked lol)

K9b46vD.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have two ships that are combat-worthy:

EbcGLJI.png

LoII Defender

Parts:112

Weapon Systems: X4 High-Velocity Impact Rockets (Fires 2 at a time)

Thrusters: X2 LV-909 Forward and Reverse.

Controls:

Fire the first pair of rockets with 1

Detach the first rocket clip with 3

Fire second pair with 2

Use 9 to set engines to forward and 10 to set them backward.

Description:

The Defender was created by the League of Independent Interests to protect scientific vessels from hijacking and piracy. The craft is fairly slow but highly maneuverable, and has light armor.

A notable feature is the fact that in most of the "Durability tests" the pilot survived even when the rest of the ship had broken up around him. The pilots died only when the impact of the missile was enough to destroy the entire ship.

http://kerbalx.com/SpaceGuyThe99th/League--Fighter

sBHeJBL.png

LoII Hydra Corvette

Parts:224

Weapon Systems: X6 HVI Rockets, X4 Tracer Rockets

Thrusters X2 Lv-909

Controls:

1: Fire first 2 rockets

2: Remove clip(to fire rockets 2+3)

3: Fire 2nd rockets

4: Fire 3rd rockets (these do NOT hit anything at long range)

Tracking rockets:

First select a rocket

Right-click the probe core and choose "control from here"

Decople the rocket

Point at target

Press space.

Description

The Hydra was made by the LoII for the same purpose as it's smaller sister ship, protecting science vessels. It's RCS drive is faster than the Fighter's, but it must turn completely around to use the main thusters.

It's durability is great, but it is vulnerable to a long-range assault.

http://kerbalx.com/SpaceGuyThe99th/League-Corvette-Mk-2

These ships can go to either corporation, and i can build a launch system for the Hydra. I already have one for the Defender. If you want any more information, don't hesitate to ask me.

• 1 month later...
Ladies and Gentlemen, after a hefty great deal of testing and fine-tuning, the first of SkySound's new Rontop Kerman-Class Destroyer have finally been commissioned!

http://i.imgur.com/Aq1zmPSl.png

The KSS Rontop Kerman (SkDD-1), the lead ship of the Rontop Kerman-Class of Destroyers, stands ready to fight.

The Rontop Kerman-Class is the finest Destroyer to ever grace the stars. It is designed to defend against Fighters and Destroyers. Capable of interplanetary travel, it can also provide protection for Convoys travelling to Laythe or any other planet. It is armed with twenty SMS Anti-Fighter missiles, and four Mk. 2 "Jebalizer" Anti-Ship Torpedoes, and four Astro Droids for auxiliary duties.

Class Overview

Name: Rontop Kerman-Class Destroyer

Company: SkySound

Allegiance: Spiritwolf

Class: Destroyer

Part Count: 383 (Fully Loaded) 223 (Unloaded) 644 (On Pad)

Armament: x20 SMS Anti-Figher Missiles, x4 Mk. 2 Anti-Ship Torpedoes, x4 ED-type Droids

Propulsion: x 4 LV-N Atomic Rocket Motors

Proof of Orbit: Here: http://imgur.com/a/XnPRL

Download: Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/of4mntnk1wbw6lb/Rontop%20Kerman%20Class%20Destroyer.craft

As of this writing, the current class list is as follows:

Launched Commissioned Under construction

SkDD-1 KSS Rontop Kerman

SkDD-2 KSS H. G. Wells

SkDD-3 KSSJules Verne

SkDD-4 KSS Mary Shelley

SkDD-5 KSS Isaac Asimov

SkDD-6 KSS Ray Bradbury

SkDD-7 KSS Arthur C. Clarke

SkDD-8 KSS Orson Scott Card

SkDD-9 KSS Robert A. Heinlein

SkDD-10 KSS Gene Roddenberry

SkDD-11 KSS Stephen Moffat

SkDD-12 KSS George Lucas

SkDD-13 KSS Ridley Scott

SkDD-14 KSS Michael Chriton

SkDD-15 KSS James Cameron

SkDD-16 KSS Stephen King

SkDD-17 KSS Niel Gaiman

SkDD-18 KSS Leiji Matsumoto

SkDD-19 KSS Katsuhiro Otomo

SkDD-20 KSS Brad Bird

SkDD-21 KSS Shinichiro Watanabe

SkDD-22 KSS H. P. Lovecraft

SkDD-23 KSS Steven Spielberg

SkDD-24 KSS Philip K. ....

SkDD-25 KSS Pierre Boulle

SkDD-26 Unnamed

SkDD-27 Unnamed

SkDD-28 Unnamed

SkDD-29 Unnamed

SkDD-30 Unnamed

Go Spiritwolf! By the way, can I help name SkDD-26, SkDD-27, SkDD-28, SkDD-29, and SkDD-30?

:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.