Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

Either way, it's only designed to do the kind of work he had the Isprits doing in the series. Light tugging. I'm not envisioning towing around capital ships with them, mainly just the small bits that need doing. Like an astro droid, but with better control.

Further marks will come with more capability, and if they need a slight redesign then so be it.

The problem is that anything large enough will obstruct your engine exhausts, resulting in zero thrust from your nervas. (judging from the shape, even a simple 2.5 m tank will be atleast damaged by your engine exhausts, if not blocking your thrust completly.) and frankly, 4 nervas would be overkill for tugging small tanks :P (and way too big for cramped space docking manoeuvers)

(Spiritwolf or Hanland) Current ship under construction by the United Kerbinton Enterprise:

Class: Heavy Cruiser

Main Weapon: 3 Heavy Torpedo's (Capable of destroying capital ships)

Secondary Weapon: 4 Port & Starboard Torpedo ports for tracking conventional torpedo's.

Fuel Capacity: Interchangeable (with use of a rear protected docking port fuel cells can be added to the ship during long voyages, enabling it to travel further and to dump empty fuel cells)

Armor: Extremely Heavy Kerbintainium plate armour spanning the entire ship, minimal weakspots including the engines, rear docking port and crew habitation compartments.

Storage: Minimal Storage except for a small rear port w/ heavy armor, suitable for custom made service droids, additional fuel cells & storage of port & starboard torpedo's.

Crew capacity: 2 Kerbals. (ship is controlled via a matrix core that is automated for extreme precision and is extremely protected).

Current part count of ship: 340. (Will not expand above 360)

Ship special ability: Ramming. (Ship has potentialy enough armor + 2 armored spearheads to do heavy damage when ramming enemy vessels inflicting major damage on the enemy ship, whilst doing minor damage to itself.)

Pics will be uploaded once i can figure out how to get this behemoth into orbit ;).

Edited by Scottx125

Riki Tech is proud to announce that the RT Hardshell Turtle is now available!

The Riki Tech Hardshell Turtle is part of an upcoming Hardshell ship series, featuring a replaceable re attachable Hardshell dual docked outer shell that protects the pilot from most projectile damage and can it can even be detached and used as a shield for other vessels!

screenshot14.png

Turtle without the shell.

screenshot15.png

Turtle and its ascent stage.

screenshot16.png

Proof of travel (Also featuring the first ascent prototype and the early beta version): http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Rikimaru_Tsuki/library/Riki%20Tech%20KSP%20Ships

Ship Name: RT Hardshell Turtle

Company: Riki Tech

Allegiance: Spiritwolf/Hanland/Anyone with money. (A ship to each company for testing purpose, if accepted)

Armor: Heavy (outer) Medium (Inner)

Weapons: 2 Tsuki missiles, 6 Brunch torpedoes and 1 launchable emergency extendable docking port. (All docking ports is compatible with most missiles and torpedoes)

Drones: Front: Turtle head drone for suicide ramming or torpedo/missile shooting. Back: RCS controlled all-around towing drone for various uses (including suicide ramming).

Size: Small/Medium.

Engines: 2 LV-909, 4 Ion engines and 2 24-77 for emergencies.

Part Count (No addons): 372 (314 with no ammo)

Part Count (With ascent): 505

Part Count (With re attachable interplanetary): 414

Craft Files:

Turtle with ascent stage.

http://www./view/pusjozr34nn7otg/RT_Hardshell_Turtle_Launch.craft

Turtle with no ascent stage.

http://www./view/u7x3jbujjszglza/RT_Hardshell_Turtle.craft

Action group manual:

http://www./view/0x81ls80go5r5ft/RT_Hardshell_Turtle_Manual.txt

The Riki Tech Hardshell Turtle was built to keep the pilot of the craft from most harm. In case the outer Hardshell armor is damaged, it can be ejected for an increase in speed.

If the ''wings'' of the craft gets blown to pieces, the pilot can detach the side parts and continue on with the emergency engines and escape to either a friendly carrier or into the atmosphere of a planet.

The core of the ship can fly into a planet's atmosphere and decouple most unnecessary parts, leaving the cockpit falling down towards the surface with its parachutes, ensuring the survival of the pilot.

Please give your feedback and reports on the craft for further improvement!

Gotta say i like your carrier Spartwo, however i see ALOT of vulnerabilities and the armor isnt great :/, perhaps if you overhauled the armor to plate instead of wing + cover the fuel cells completely.

Just a quick preview for now

I Finally Got Her To Orbit at 2:30 in morning

So Many of her sister ships failed and crashed before the appropriate launch system was developed

The Spiritwolf General Offensive Unit (GOU) - "Full Refund"

YJlN2l4l.png

k88VYLNl.png

LlMLyOTl.png

13SYxh8l.png

Very Heavy Armour

Mixture of Heavy And Light Weapons

Will Undergo Space Acceptance Trials in the coming Days

Hopefully will see it paying Hanlan back for its crimes in the future

Edited by sanity

Gotta say i like your carrier Spartwo, however i see ALOT of vulnerabilities and the armor isnt great :/, perhaps if you overhauled the armor to plate instead of wing + cover the fuel cells completely.

plates would be too heavy,I might risk going over 300 for the tanks but I`ll see what I can do.I`m aiming for a harbringer-type

Edited by Spartwo

Bit late to the party, but might as well show off my scout ship. The entire launcher slightly exceeds the part count at 323, but it isn't too laggy, and the final ship only comes out around 225. This ship is from Shiny Smugglers Co. , and they support the Hanland Crop. due to their large and generous gifts last Christmas!

craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ngkbeod71kgu1f/SXR-1.craft

MPDDMZC.jpg

zsXES6m.jpg

yfbO1iP.png

bQQ7biI.png

dvICMYH.png

vsZyA8T.png

The .craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ngkbeod71kgu1f/SXR-1.craft

alright time for a real challenge:

So deploying 3 oaks is more efficiant than one battlecruiser

EDIT:

but from a finanicial standpoint, is it still? these ships would end up in a role play. which one has more parts, three frigates, or a cruiser?

replied instead of edited sorry

@Festivefire 1:3 frigates have more parts(actually 1.5 frigates are equal)2:If you lose 1/3 of a cruiser it doesn`t work 3:financially about 2 would equal the price 4:The cruiser can`t be restocked.

EDIT:It would be cool(but not plausible)if macey put one of everything in random places:O

Edited by Spartwo

but why would you really need 14 hanger points on a carrier? even if it is less parts, it will start to lag like crazy if you put on more then a just couple fighters. and unless you just plan on putting lot of ammunition or extra fuel on the ship(two edged sword right thur now), you will have several of empty ports... i just don't see how the Birch is that much better then the vulture. yes you have the whole, "less of a chance for an up the bow shot", but, you still have an up the kilt shot. and the frontal hanger allows for surprises. what if, oh i don't know, instead of a droid in the center back port, you put some giant nasty ship killer smart missile? easier to go straight then to turn around... oops... was thinking bout the baracuda and its whole hanger in the back, just ignore that last part (sorry bout the name thing... my bad)

Edited by Kaaybon
not checking my sources for my argument, and no spell checking on my part

You can use the extra ports for different armaments for your other ships, that doesn't use the same armaments as your fighters, as well as doing a ghetto repair job on your ship in orbit, like macey did to the spirit of kerbin, without reducing your fighter capacity.

but why would you really need 14 hanger points on a carrier? even if it is less parts, it will start to lag like crazy if you put on more then a just couple fighters. and unless you just plan on putting lot of ammunition or extra fuel on the ship(two edged sword right thur now), you will have several of empty ports... i just don't see how the bitch is that much better then the vulture. yes you have the whole, "less of a chance for an up the bow shot", but, you still have an up the kilt shot. and the frontal hanger allows for surprises. what if, oh i don't know, instead of a droid in the center back port, you put some giant nasty ship killer smart missile?

you just called it bitch you should fix that before I change the name.where is the kilt the back unlike the vulture is wing armored .There are 2 srs on the sides for refueling 6 for mosquitos 6 for torpedoes.Why would a carrier need missiles?,they don`t get in direct conflict.A cupola is in the centre back

Edited by Spartwo

Testing the "Full Refund"'s Armor

CmWWa1Bl.png

Its Tough

Small Missiles - Do nothing

oJbuKmll.png

xwfETBCl.png

Except maybe become inconvenient when lodged in Weapon systems

iGJuPvil.png

VNfDfBHl.png

Large missiles - Very Destructive

1lSe7UFl.png

Direct hits are devastating but crew often survives unless hit directly in the command areas

ionRsFOl.png

HebTy4cl.png

Plate armor quite effective

its currently 288 Parts, could cut it down during optimisation, maybe remove some of the less critical armor and expose some systems we'll see

Edited by sanity

Constructed by a conglomerate of defense companies, including KAE Systems Fleet Solutions, Khales Group and KEADS Astrium - the R Class Cruiser (Phase 2) represents the latest in Kerbal defense technology. The conglomerate has recently entered negotations with Spiritwolf with regard to the sale of a number of these craft.

The R class cruiser houses a typical crew of 6 but has capacity aboard for a further 6 supplemental crew or visiting dignetaries. It is heavily armoured and sports redundant control centres to ensure that even if the ship is heavily damaged it can continue to take the fight to the enemy. It is armed with three potent Kraken torpedoes, weapons that demonstrate destructive capabilities similar to the mythical space monster - the torpedo bays are, of course, reuseable and the vessel can be rearmed if its ammunition is expended.

60 nuclear generators and 9 large solar panels ensure that the R class cruiser is never found wanting for power in a crisis.

Propulsion is provided by 6 standard fission generators for long-range propulsion, while military acceleration and initial orbital insertion is achieved through the use of a Rockomax Mainsale. The vessel also features 9 ion drive units suitable for low cost maneouvres that don't require use of the main engines.

Further features include 3 standard docking ports, a responsive RCS system, 6 escape pods and 3 long range communication arrays.

KSS Righteous in orbit

80XRwTV.jpg

KSS Righteous firing Kraken torpedoes

AzSFvo4.jpg

KSS Righteous conducting orbital insertion

FcqYtns.png.jpg

Craft:http://www./download/bzxitsbt35ivpbx/

Notes: It isn't the easiest thing to get into orbit - do not attempt to launch with SAS turned on, it flies perfectly well without it (and I'm rubbish at piloting) but wobbles horrendously with it turned on. Once the launch vehicle has been jetissoned, you're fine to use SAS again.

Action groups: 1-Toggle Mainsail; 2-Toggle Ions; 3-Toggle Fission Rockets; 0-Toggle Solar Panels

first, sorry about misspelling BIRCH, (got it right this time) my bad on that one, and im very very sorry about horribly, horribly butchering its name, second of all, for some reason when i was writing that horribly written post, i was thinking about commander martian's barracuda in terms of design, i dont know why i was but i was and again, i am sorry for writing that horribly thought out post. but i still think that 14 ports, while useful for transporting stuff,will still will lag like hell if you dock more then a couple fighters on it (especially on my computer). and for the carrying missiles thing, i assume that is for my whole GNSKSM (giant nasty ship killer smart missile) idea, that was just a random idea off the top of my head. something sneaky that i thought would be fun to surprise someone with.

I had some test runs on Asteria yesterday. It seems as if the armor is quite strong.

The recorded testrun was the second I did on this ship and it still withstood every hit. The first run was done from around 500m distance and I had assured that all missiles would hit. The second was the done closer to the target, so the hit could be seen.

I will do some final cleanup on the craft and then release the .craft file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.