Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

been pushing a lot of my junk out to laythe as a stopover point on my way to other moons in the joolian system, but have run into a few problems, the biggest of which is that all of my carriers completely depleted their onboard fuel supplies just getting into laythe orbit, which means i'll need to refuel them in their wildly eccentric orbits if their going to make iot to tylo, that will require at least one orange tank (relatively full) to provide enough fuel for them to make that short hop, or i could try and fuel from the few ships that arrived with reasonably full tanks, though i'm not entirely sure whether the other ships have enough fuel to get to their respective destinations, so until i can get more fuel out to laythe the fleet is stuck in layht orbit

ekgo33e.png

Hmmmm...but I thought Imperial meant Empire? It is like when everybody says chain mail armor. Chain and mail mean the same thing when dealing with armor.

Yep. All empires are imperial. Mail means armour, not chain. You have chain mail, scale mail, plate mail etc etc.

Hmmmm...but I thought Imperial meant Empire? It is like when everybody says chain mail armor. Chain and mail mean the same thing when dealing with armor.

It's the Imperial Zokesian Empire! They can call themselves whatever they want! Only fools question their decisions! /me cowers in fear

I go for a direct Lathe aerobrake at 22k.

How do you mean?

I'm using this to line up my burn to Jool, and my target is Vall, which eliminates the prospect of a Laythe Aerobrake...

I suppose I could brake around Jool instead, but that's... tricky... I imagine.

Class: Orbital Interceptor AKA "Ganymede"

Company: Valley Inc.

Allied With: Hanland

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzWVddevUqx5cGJjYmtNaG9ESEE/edit?usp=sharing

Valley Inc. decided, for its next project, to develop a small quick response fighter that could be launched from the surface of Kerbin and right into orbit with no fuss or muss. And very little fuel too!

And the tiny Orbital Interceptor the 'Ganymede' was born!

v2FsH0m.png

A small craft with a pair of launchers and a wing design that makes it look cool AND protects it from light weapon's fire, it will be the center piece of any military space port and the talk of the town!

Another weapon of modern science brought to you by Valley Inc. The same people who invented the Space Recycled Sandwich and Space Night Light. In future we plan to continue to develop, test, and improve on our products for our Hanland allies. Everybody is working hard, 24 hours a day, in our publishing departments, our space centers, and our factory floors to bring us to a bright and tax-free future! Working hard to develop ways to do more with less and bring the savings to YOU!

To the FUTURE!

That "interceptor" must weigh over 20T :P

Not even that much - part of that is the last stage of the Launcher. When I make fighters they never use up all of the Launcher's fuel and the last part ends up as a orbital booster. :D

you dont line it up from kerbin orbit, you line up for jool, then you refine your course to intercept laythe orbit once you enter jool's sphere, and aerobrake between 17-22 K depending on your relative speed to laythe, you can drop into laythe orbit or just drop enough speed to go into a high jool orbit

Okay...

I can't do it myself. I simply can't. Not on my machine, not with my framerate.

I cannot get Kerbylon 1 out to Jool and Vall...

Is anyone willing to help me with this? Please? And by help I mean fly this Hotel/Gas station to Jool?

I would offer to try but I use MechJeb to fly. Still, that would show if the equipment and fuel was enough to get it to Jool. I would just have to send a small drone with MechJeb 2 attached to attach to the station itself and tell it to go to Jool.

I would offer to try but I use MechJeb to fly. Still, that would show if the equipment and fuel was enough to get it to Jool. I would just have to send a small drone with MechJeb 2 attached to attach to the station itself and tell it to go to Jool.

Oh, I'm quite certain it can at least get out to there...

The issue is the time it takes to do the burn, and the fact that the part count quadruples or more that amount of time due to the game slowing down to a glacial rate... And that performing such a manuever is hit or miss for me as it is...

post the craft Shep. I've got a batch of stuff Ill be sending to Jool on Monday I can tack it on to the list just gotta do some test runs of the base on Minmus and fix the lifter issue with my freighters, dang thing keeps falling apart on the final stages.

http://i.imgur.com/NwdgaoL.png

still pleased that it made it up even with half the lifter exploding.

also woo 100 pages!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.