Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

Hello everybody!

For those who don't know, Macey Dean is an inspiring/entertaining youtuber who has made an incredible series using nothing but stock KSP parts. Macey was actually featured in the community spotlight some time back. He also makes very useful tutorials! If you haven't seen the series, you should go see it... like... right now.

Here's the link:

Done yet? Good.

Now that the first season of the series has ended, he has stated that submissions are now open for ships and other vessels. Now, in an attempt to consolidate the craft submissions that are undoubtedly going to flood his inbox, I've decided to start this craft submission thread. If you have any craft that you think might be useful, post them here!

Major Update: Fantastic news, everyone! Macey is now officially endorsing this thread. This will mean a little bit of tweaking as far as submission criteria goes, so be sure to re-read the submission guidelines before submitting.

The rules for acceptable submissions are as follows:

Here is Macey's video as far as craft submissions go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdMwN1pmQ74

Changes to the Submission rules have been noted with a pair of '*'

*Ships are now being divided into three categories: Aid Ships, Military Ships, and Hanland ships. Please state which category you are submitting for at the beginning of your post. *

#1- STOCK PARTS ONLY!- Macey Dean will only use ships constructed, launched, and successfully orbited using stock KSP

#2- Proof of travel.- This means that you must present evidence that you got you ship to where you say it can go using stock KSP. This preferably done with a video. If you lack the software to make a video or just don't have the time, a comphrehensive series of screenshots will suffice (A shot of your craft on the launch pad then a shot of it orbiting its destination will NOT count) I'll edit in an example later for screen-shot only submissions. * Proof of travel is not necessary for those submitting Hanland ships. Keep in mind this category is likely to fill up quickly. *

#3- 300 Part limit.- The part limit is for the final stage only.This rule is somewhat flexible depending upon the usefulness of the ship or general coolness of its appearance :P

#4- Craft file attachment.- This one is pretty self explanitory. Once you have shown proof of travel, you'll need to include a link to the craft file for download (Otherwise he can't use it!) One of the simplest ways to do this is to use mediafire and copy/paste the download links they provide for your files.

---#4b- If you have the persistance file with the ship already where you want it, that would be even better.

#5- Company name- This is so Macey can give credit to you if your ship is used. * Also include a brief Bio of your company's motivations and purpose. For example, why your company is building military vessels/spy satellites.*

#6- Allegiance- Choose your side! Spiritwolf or Hanland!

Remember, follow the rules as closely as possible when submitting. This makes it much easier to process ships that have been submitted.

Also, there is no need to email Macey your submission if you post your ship in the thread.

Good Luck everyone!

Edit:

Here is an example for screenshot only submissions. This post is further down the thread, but I figured I might as well post it on the front page :P

Let's start with the 'proof of travel' first. Destination, Low kerbin orbit.

b1l3sKE.jpg

Here, it has launched without exploding. :P

xeu3ONu.png

Initiating Gravity turn

nWFows4.jpg

Establishing orbit

zNRZFHw.png

XJIgtNe.png

So close!

PZUOmTU.png

Final Stage :D

IJtMhxm.png

Orbit established :cool:

O3uHrDX.png

Ship- Sorenti Heavy Tanker

Company- Starr Industries.

*Company Bio - We at Starr Industries specialize in Civilian Logistics and Heavy Materials Transport. Our ships have been improved and optimized to fill this role throughout our Company's history. As a result, our vessels are lightly armored and are very rarely armed. Many of our career pilots have come to...dislike... the idea of head on engagements. *

Allegiance- Spiritwolf

Part count- 127

Craft file- http://www./download/v6ewwirl7ql8080/Sorenti_Heavy_Tanker_mrk_2.craft

Operation Manual- 0 Toggles solar panels

-1 toggles the Skipper engine. It is advised to only use the Skipper Engine for high-intensity/time critical burns in order to conserve fuel.

- Internal fuel tanks can be filled by tweaking the camera around the center of the ship and selecting the corresponding tank to fill.

For longer missions to further planets just add a few extra screen shots of your ship achieving interplanetary capture then your ship arriving at its destination.

Edit #2: Here's an example for proof of travel in video format.

(Skip to 3:40 for Proof of Travel)

Ship-Megatherion Super Tanker

Company- Starr Industries.

Company Bio- *See Previous Submission*

Allegiance- Spiritwolf

Part Count- 320

Craft file- http://www./download/w9uwwp4tma92ck9/Super_Tanker.craft

Operation Manual

1- Toggles Nuclear Engines

2- Toggles Skipper Engines

3- Toggles Mainsail Engine

4- Toggles Solar Panels

5- Toggles Toggles Communication Dishes

9- Toggles Gimbal on Skippers and Mainsail

Be warned. The launch stage still has some... issues... Help in fixing these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Chozo Nomad

Paradigm Industries commissioned Project Dominus specifically to aid Spiritwolf should things go south for their colonial endeavors. The part count WILL be far in excess of 300, not even including the launch vehicle, but I think reloadable SRBs and dashing good looks will make up for that. Prototypes can be found in the KIDI research thread. Will properly submit the craft once a suitable launch vehicle has been commissioned.

I've been waiting for something like this. All come with some sort of launch device if they need one. I removed mechjeb from them all. But anyway, the Valkyre variants:

Valkyre Ground Attack (also has ssto variant). The non-ssto has a 2100 m/s cruising speed at 30000 meters. Has my sepratron torps on it. SSTO can get to orbit and perhaps dock (600m/s dv according to mechjeb after orbit).

screenshot1.png

the Valkyre (Macey's torpedoes), this one can get to laythe, 500m/s left in orange tanks (launch assist), 4400 in the ship itself:

screenshot4.png

The Box Valkyre (my torps), 3900 m/s in orbit, perhaps duna or eve, definitely Mun and minmus:

screenshot2.png

Dl's coming soon

Edited by buzz66boy
forgot photo

Would a 418 part ship be okay for the limit? I know its over one-hundred over, but a good portion of whats taking causing that are struts, which are massless and are not calculated by the physics engine.

Is that the final stage or everything including the launch vehicle? If that's inclucding the launch vehicle, then that's fine if not... well, post it anyway. :P I'll edit the rules so the part limit is for the final stage.

Didn't macey asked for the persistence files of ships / stations already in orbit ? I guess he said he would edit his files to incorporate the new ones in his saves

This I'm not sure of. I figured a thread for craft would be a good place to start.

ah, i found it out inside youtube comments :

but on his tweeter, he said he still needs to iron out the rules for the submissions :)

Yes, submissions are now open. I need to work out all the rules and stuff first though..

Rather than launch them myself, I am tempted to ask for proof that a player got whatever ship, to wherever they leave it, legitimately. Then I can just edit it in to my Universe at the same point. Then we can still call the series mod free, but massively more populated. Not just combat vessels but refueling stations, tankers and support ships.

What do you guys think? Spiritwolf could really help right now.

Is that the final stage or everything including the launch vehicle? If that's inclucding the launch vehicle, then that's fine if not... well, post it anyway. :P I'll edit the rules so the part limit is for the final stage

Its not the final stage, but now that I made it lighter (it used to be over 700 parts), it should hopefully not require that big of a launch stage. That is the final part count when you include the all the weaponry Here is an image of the biggest strut culprit with it.

nMcmla4WUBAGyE7amAnd5Xcz467OCNwVrRBOpQdgzw85b-zbjchNi-bkIc7Z5qHYeTMj1lPyiJ__VlMKwu-yJuWuEAcHXUtAoPOH3T43d6nCuiktiM0PgCjfjw

Edited by TooManyErrors

3liwm

3liwy

This one is for Spiritwolf, naturally, as it seems to fit the style of the Vanguard. It's a simple albeit heavily-armored frigate that can comfortably ferry three SRB torpedoes (two if you're queasy about the one jutting out at the front). About 30 tonnes, 100-or-so parts, can't remember the exact number.

3liKQ

The "B" configuration carries a heavy-duty autocannon with 32 shots. This bumps the part count to about 200. Complete overkill, but should eat a series of lighter ships before having to reload.

Just tell me where to launch it and I should be able to put it up without any problems. Minmus orbit, maybe?

After seeing this thread, I started work on a nice, big battlecruiser. It's still a prototype, but here's an early screenshot:

g3ImKvul.jpg

It's armed with 12 standard torpedoes (Macey's own design) and four heavy antiship missiles. Everything is fully reloadable, and I have tested to make sure that the SRBs do not incinerate the rest of the ship. Also note that the command pod is has shields on the side, to help defend against missile attacks and the like. That thing on top of the command pod in the screenshot is a torpedo; it's there so I can have a spare copy and will be removed in the final version.

It is done....

the Bol-class Cruise missile maufactured by the mysterious Spearkan Federation is intended as a heavy missile that can be operated remotely and can be fitted to both fighters AND capital ships (see Ispirit for context)

It can also be launched from the ground, but to reach orbit, it needs an ascent stage, shown here

5ux8.jpg

as long at there is a dock, it can be loaded onto a capital ship, but because of its sheer size, it needs a port otherwise used for ships, here, it is docked to a Harbringer-class carrier

xi9r.jpg

despite this, it pays off not only by dealing severe damage to a capital ship, but doing this at range, to test this, we ran a simulation of the missile colliding with a Harbringer carrier, after going straight through, not much of it remained

6omn.jpg

and here is a picture of the Bol missile moments before

63o4.jpg

the Federation would like to mass-produce these for Spiritwolf for use against more or less everything Hanland, even bases (aka, i'll attatch the file if you want it)

Edited by Spearka

This is going great, keep it up!

Here is a submission I've created for a heavy tanker. I've posted in the forums before, but I figured it would make a good example for screen-shot only, submissions. Here we go!

Let's start with the 'proof of travel' first. Destination, Low kerbin orbit.

b1l3sKE.jpg

Here, it has launched without exploding. :P

xeu3ONu.png

Initiating Gravity turn

nWFows4.jpg

Establishing orbit

zNRZFHw.png

XJIgtNe.png

So close!

PZUOmTU.png

Final Stage :D

IJtMhxm.png

Orbit established :cool:

O3uHrDX.png

Ship- Sorenti Heavy Tanker

Company- Starr Industries

Allegiance- Spiritwolf

Part count- 127

Craft file- http://www./download/v6ewwirl7ql8080/Sorenti_Heavy_Tanker_mrk_2.craft

Keep posting everyone!

Edited by Chozo Nomad

Oceanic Security Solutions has deigned to issue its own series of Orbital Assault Craft to Spiritwolf Corporation in the hopes that in return for said units, any and all information about Hanlan Corporation, and the Jool System will be shared as it prepares to make its own expeditions to the region.

First there is the OOMDP(Oceanic Orbital Marine Drop Pod) v85

xvld.png

hxk.png

pshw.png

%7Boption%7D

Weighing nearly 24.18 t, with a total of 72 Parts the OOMDP has been designed with the sole purpose of deploying a Squad of five(plus 1 Pilot) fully armed Personnel to a planet with a Kerbin-like Atmosphere. From there the OOMDP is capable of acting as a barracks for the personnel once their objective has been secured. Currently, development is going into a more reliable/reusable OOMDP that will be capable of transferring Personnel to and from Laythe, or Kerbin. Oceanic Security Solutions is also in the process of developing an OOMDP Mothership that will be capable of ferrying 4 units inbetween the Jool System, and Kerbin.

(Also, the OOMDP is like the first ship I have gotten into orbit with 0 Mods. Been a good exercise to get me away from mechjebs assistance with readouts, and on heavy cruisers ascent guidance.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.