Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

I've decided to post my ship here. It's a missile-frigate class. 298 parts* in final stage. Used Hyper edit to get it up there. Will work on a launch system later.

VhzMDd0.jpeg

Hope you like it. She's a little wobbly after firing the main cannon. May post this else where with more info if my friends want to make a Space Company with me. PS: A name for the ship would be great, if you have any, PM me. I'm not totally sure how to go about uploading it for download. So, I'm not going to include a link at the moment.

*Number is subject to change.

Edited by Mysterious_MrQ
Figured out how to make the image appear. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ot3tPrssU&feature=youtu.be

Manufactured by: Frozen Tech

Live feed from Flight testing: http://youtu.be/T_ot3tPrssU
If the feed fails to load. Look on my channel for the playlist Kerbal Space Program. http://www.youtube.com/user/thedude10123

GPS Altitude: 100,000m (The test pilot parked it where it was at the end of the live feed recording to enjoy the starry view.)

The Steel Raven is a military short/long range fighter.
The SR is fuelled on delivery including its single use launch stage that will propel it into orbit (with half a orange tank remaining), the once the delivery stage is discarded, the onboard fuel is Rocket Fuel and Xenon gas, there is a FL-T200 tank+FL-T800 worth of rocket fuel to fuel the Onboard LV-909 Engine and 8 PBX-150 Xenon Containers of Xenon gas to fuel the 4 PB-Ion Electric Propulsion System. The SR is quite nimble without the launch stage, plus the RCS is not needed when basic rotation occurs.
Other Aspects include a usable onboard toilet built into the back wall of the cockpit with full sanitary bots to keep the toilet and cockpit clean. The life support system onboard is a XL-199, the latest generation of Frozen Tech's Life support systems that will support the pilot for the many years they spend in space. there is also a small exercise machine shared within the bathroom for prevention of muscle atrophy of the kerbal pilot's while in space for extended periods of time. The weapons system is the next generation of targeting, laser guidance(not really, aim by hand obviously) torpedoes strike at pinpoint weak points within the target allowing efficient kills with less ordnance required(the torpedoes are placed pretty close to the center). The nose is the source of the laser guidance for the torpedoes(the nose is jutting out so its the perfect reference point for firing the weapons at targets allowing easy aiming).

Action Keys
2=LV-909 Engine
3=PB-Ion Electric Propulsion System setup
4=Ladder, for extra boarding distance for the pilot.
5=Power System Charger (PSC)(4 giga solar panels)
6=Arming Torpedo Set 1(Turning the Ant engines on)
7=Deploying Torpedo Set 1(Firing the Torpedo's)
8=Arming Torpedo Set 2(Turning the Ant engines on)
9=Deploying Torpedo Set 2(Firing the Torpedo's)

Interesting Aspects
-The wings are forward swept giving a unique look to the wings. (Sorta looks like a raven hence the name Steel Raven)
-As stated above, the launch stage is provided and it has the delta-V to reach the moon with the half tank of fuel left over from launch.
-Mass(According to Mechjeb) is 393.06t
-It has 221 parts including the launch stage
-The Ship has 1 pilot, reducing the number of losses when in combat.
-The Ship has 1 docking port and it is on the roof. Can be easily docked with some space craft and stations.

Details within the story.
Frozen Tech is an independent space faring company that designed the Steel Raven and Frozen Tech is selling the designs of the Steel Raven and the plans to the highest bidder starting at 2,100,000,000 Kerbels whether that be Hanland, Spiritwolf or any other Military organisation. Frozen Tech is also a weapons supplier to small independent nations on Kerbin for self defence and attack.
(that basically means You decide which team the ship suits and which team (no bias) you believe has more money to 'bid' for the ship)

Possibly in one Episode towards the end of the 2nd season, the opposite to your winning bidder steals some of the plans, causing a security breach, that is quickly solved by a bigger ship that chases the design thief and disabling their transport and taking the thief into custody.
Also once the ship has been bought, who ever bought it starts mass producing it. (Possibly making the ships appear in pair or how ever u see fit to appear.)

PS. Anything with () are some side raw facts and I wrote a story around it to maybe add a story of the origins of the ship and it's company.

DL LINK:http://www./download/twzq278ln0lpm9x/Steel_Raven_Plus_Launcher.zip Edited by stjimmy149
Updating post to coincide with my email and updating DL link.

I have an interesting idea I'm working on, which could give both Spiritwolf and Hanland a near-identical mid-range armored missile cruiser. Spiritwolf might get the better end of the deal, though. Only if Macey agrees to the significant railroading it would impose, of course...

This is my ship:

Its a Light Armor Corvette named CTCBV-1A Orion

it equip with small Missile Pods called RM-3A.

the radial decouplers on the under side of the wing can mount a Nuclear missile and small Docking ports are for transporting Redleader fighters

You can launch like a space shuttle

PvYtGQT.jpg

XUcE4gw.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdwrbi22y0hz79y/CTCBV-1A.zip

1-fires first row of missile

2-fires second row of missile

3-fires third row of missiles

Next we have the NTCM-1A thermonuclear missile

It be attach to the underside of the CTCBV-1A Orion Corvette

2EGrff3.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep4r5oq01hjny4w/NTCM-1A%20ThermoNuclear%20Missile.zip

We got your back Spiritwolf after the sad lost of the Harbinger class Spirit of kerbin

from Ouion Federation of Kerbin(Ouion Aerospace and Space program)

We allied with Spiritwolf (this letter is classifield)

Edited by ouion

Scratch the idea. Project Dominus is impossible for me to launch from Kerbin, especially since all the 200-Tons-To-LKO-HLVs other people use are effectively useless to me because the sub-assembly loader is broken and all the fixes have been nuked. Honestly... its usefulness was dubious at best, seeing as a standard Oscar-B torpedo impacting anywhere but the front bow caused the ship to tear itself apart from the physics. Maybe it's for the best that Spiritwolf not throw away a life in this beautiful deathtrap.

To be clear, I am referring to my own project. See the KIDI thread page 42. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25376-Showcase-KIDI-Kerbal-Interplanetary-Defence-Initiative/page42

Edited by Varyon

Scratch the idea. Project Dominus is impossible for me to launch from Kerbin, especially since all the 200-Tons-To-LKO-HLVs other people use are effectively useless to me because the sub-assembly loader is broken and all the fixes have been nuked. Honestly... its usefulness was dubious at best, seeing as a standard Oscar-B torpedo impacting anywhere but the front bow caused the ship to tear itself apart from the physics. Maybe it's for the best that Spiritwolf not throw away a life in this beautiful deathtrap.

Don't give up! You know how many variants Macey had to go through before he had a functioning Ispirit? ;) I'm spreading the word of this thread to the youtube community. I've already got a top comment on his thirteenth episode. The People must know!

For everyone else, if you're having trouble designing military vessels, try your hand at logistics ships. Tankers, personel transports, Ammutition tugs, utility ships. Those are just as important as any warship! If a ship doesn't have fuel, it's just as useless as if it had been destroyed.

Keep building everyone! :cool:

I wouldn't just give up if I had any other option. But... If 7 mainsails, 14 orange tanks, and 18 SRBs can't propel Project Dominus into at least a sub-orbital trajectory with an apoapsis above the atmosphere without exploding, what on Kerbin can? I'll just make a Munar orbital fuel facility for Hanland to steal.

I wouldn't just give up if I had any other option. But... If 7 mainsails, 14 orange tanks, and 18 SRBs can't propel Project Dominus into at least a sub-orbital trajectory with an apoapsis above the atmosphere without exploding, what on Kerbin can? I'll just make a Munar orbital fuel facility for Hanland to steal.

that looks amazing if it falls apart give it to hanlan(hint hint)

any word on the screenshot tutorial? ive been snapping photos of my stuff but not sure what you like in the collage..

In the middle of page three is kind of what I'm looking for in regards to the screenshot only submissions. I'll edit it into the first page for everyone to see.

I said it was impossible, and by rights it should have been. The launcher I assembled contained more struts than most of my lift vehicles have parts, and even then it managed to tear itself apart before even throttling up to lift off every other attempt. I started counting my attempts after an hour of testing, and I got to 35 launches before I stopped counting so I wouldn't break down and weep from despair. I will only ever do this once.

http://imgur.com/a/tRy3h

Embedding an album doesn't seem to be working...

From start to finish...

Just after liftoff, launch vehicle is accelerating about as fast as a snail uphill. The screen is wobbling back and forth because the rocket is doing the same, and all of a sudden my center of mass shifts. One of the &*%%@^^#% fuel tanks has broken loose YET AGAIN. But I'm tired, and frustrated, and this thing is going to space, darn it.

In the second album image, you can see the offending tank hanging lazily off to the side while its SRB burns uselessly in the night air.

SRBs finish burning, and all are ejected safely... Save for that one. Throttle inches forward to 76%, and Phildon and I press on.

I have to manually shut off the opposite engine once the beheaded tank runs out of fuel. Two Mainsails down when we should still have all seven burning.

Stack decouples, switching to internal fuel reserve.

8 LV-Ns firing, as well as the Mainsail Emergency Scram Engine. And after a painstakingly long but remarkably stable burn...

We reach an ovoid orbit, but a stable one. Not the cleanest launch by far, but it works.

Now you have proof that the Paradigm Star Dreadnought: Megadeus can reach LKO, and once you're in orbit, you're halfway to anywhere. Next up is the spacedock system for getting the Megadeus refueled, rearmed, and on its way to a parking orbit around Minimus. Its prototype, the Dominus M2, will be placed into a Munar orbit with a similar support fleet, and we can only hope that Hanland *COUGH* doesn't STEAL IT *COUGH* while we're NOT LOOKING *COUGH*. :wink:

All future Dominus-class Dreadnoughts will be assembled IN ORBIT, BY HYPEREDIT. Seriously, never again will I launch the M3 from Kerbin.

Update 7/29/13: Dominus M2 has been destroyed, Megadeus confirmed stolen by Hanland. They played us from the very start.

Edited by Varyon

For those who are curious, here's an example of 'Proof of Travel' for interplanetary journey's. I'll be using my Sorenti tanker again for this.

Here I am setting up my slingshot manuver.

wY8nWjW.jpg

IiY0dX7.png

I've escaped Kerbin's Shpere of influence, now on to Laythe!

lbNLKIi.png

WoXqshG.png

I 've entered the Joolian system

QpkiBlZ.png

Here I am setting up aerobraking around Laythe

0H4kHUZ.png

zM3piOt.jpg

And here we are. Not the prettiest capture, but I'm orbiting!

cVvxHHb.png

7MvBl1O.png

The ship can carry far more fuel with external tanks. (Which it will need in future excursions, considering It's almost completely empty right now.)

In the middle of page three is kind of what I'm looking for in regards to the screenshot only submissions. I'll edit it into the first page for everyone to see.

O-Oh! phew, had me worried there, i was already sending them to Jool! haha! ooh that woulda been embarrassing! *refreshes page* ...oh i see. well at least i have half the stuff needed. ill upload what i have and get to work on the trip to Jool. after i sleep.

ill borrow a page from Varyon and post the imgur link (the Megadeus looks incredible btw)

http://imgur.com/a/mU1GN

Ok first up is the Fuel Rigger, by far the most frustrating to get into orbit, this is probably the 20th version of it even after getting it into orbit ill need to send up another 4 just to refuel the rest of the fleet and send em on to jool. (assuming the one i sent ahead as an experiment manages to get to Pol without running out of juice)

no armaments on the rigger (too heavy to equip and fuels too valuable to destroy) but it does have 4 tugs with adapters for small and medium sized craft

Next is the mining station itself

not too bad to get into orbit once the staging got done right..

the mining station is meant to be able to house and dock the entire fleet as they orbit the moon Pol

Armed with 2 civilian grade mosquitoes a one man survey can and 2 remote buggies at the insistence of Captain Kirk who apparently is an avid off road er...

And lastly is the Survey ship.

this one was a breeze to get into orbit especially compared to the fuel rigger..

The survey ship serves double duty as a long range sensor array and search and rescue vessel. its meant to arrive first and use its armament to knock out dangerous debris from orbit, so its equipped with 4 medium guided torpedoes 2 civilian short range fighters and two long range data probes with enhanced communications relays

that should cover #1 and #2.. as for #3 im pretty sure all three of these are hovering right around the 300 mark..give or take a strut or twenty..

#4 should be this link..

http://www./folder/x739trtw4wmcc/KSP

#5 Aarn Co Mining. or" Aarn Co" for short

#6 woo Spiritwolf!

I am a big fan of Macey's series but I'm no good in building spaceships XD I just managed to build my first SSTO that can carry nothing but one Kerbal in LKO. But I will try to think about something. How about some intelligence gear? Hanland always seems to know more than Spiritwolf, would it be thanks to highly advanced surveillance technology? Does it seem like a good idea to you guys?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.