Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

TCS Industries has always operated under the guiding principle that space exploration should be conducted peacefully, and access to all celestial objects and knowledge was free to all of Kerbal kind. However, in the past several months fewer and fewer corporations remain committed to their original goals of scientific inquiry, instead turning to production of weapons in order to make a quick profit at the cost of life and setting back progress a decade in the process.

In the interest of maintaining the peace, and safeguarding the interests of our contractors TCS Industries has decided to redefine the mission of one of its science vessels in the hope of proactively discouraging these increasingly aggressive and militaristic groups from further violence.

TCS Industries Seismic Research Impactor Launch Vehicle (SRImp-LV, Affectionately known as the SHRIMP)

*179T in LKO fully loaded

*Operates completely unmanned

*Carries 16 medium mass SAS stabilized impactors

*Fully shielded against micro-meteorite impacts

*Vessel is considered disposable after use as it is constructed of inexpensive components

*Vessel sheds shielding prior to launching impactors, however the layers can be selectively released to maintain a high level of protection

*Three minutes after separation all shielding will be 2.5km of farther away, eliminating risk of collisions

10812522295_cc42a23cd9_c.jpg

screenshot251 by [email protected], on Flickr

10812656924_9b9e584aff_c.jpg

screenshot253 by [email protected], on Flickr

10812511536_d07290b4cc_c.jpg

screenshot261 by [email protected], on Flickr

SHIELD SHEDDING PROCEDURE:

10812780263_c3fbbb33e0_c.jpg

screenshot254 by [email protected], on Flickr

10812777183_25bd7dfc3f_c.jpg

screenshot255 by [email protected], on Flickr

10812649414_ea4afc0a81_c.jpg

screenshot256 by [email protected], on Flickr

10812772183_f32ecc9822_c.jpg

screenshot257 by [email protected], on Flickr

10812770013_95f399f56d_c.jpg

screenshot258 by [email protected], on Flickr

Edited by Turd

that thing could use the sheild as the weapon :D that is awesome!

I actually tried this earlier on the prototypes, unfortunately it wasn't balanced right and always looped back to hit my ship. Having it spin around in a giant death spiral around the main craft looks freaking awesome all at once though. It may not look like it in the pictures but the segments always fly in a perfect symmetrical pattern. I couldn't get them to collide with each other no matter how hard I tried.

Got her into orbit on the first try, but it was tense. I dipped into the 69K mark and had to desperately thrust for altitude... Luckily the air is thin there so after one orbit I burned again at apoapsis. Just needs a little earlier circularizing burn is all, and a little more fuel in the boosters. I also landed one of the prototypes on the Mun... Because I can. After using up all the impactors of course. The hull is TOUGH. I'm working on some larger projectiles that can be launched as "smart" vehicles. They can linger in orbit, execute transfers, and do everything a small craft can and THEN seek out a target and fire the main impactor. The current projectiles do have SAS and a probe core, but I want something better.

This isn't "seriously" entered into the competition here because of the part count, and the fact that I'm not a fan of the militarization of space. I will upload a craft later though as it does have scientific uses.

10813800725_efdf832247_c.jpg

screenshot233 by [email protected], on Flickr

10813799525_0a6b5c9427_c.jpg

screenshot262 by [email protected], on Flickr

10813802236_efd3581626_c.jpg

screenshot264 by [email protected], on Flickr

10814057773_e83ab6b4f7_c.jpg

screenshot266 by [email protected], on Flickr

10813928274_73a8968099_c.jpg

screenshot279 by [email protected], on Flickr

10813797566_a38e8a87ac_c.jpg

screenshot280 by [email protected], on Flickr

10813790655_5592d3d318_c.jpg

screenshot284 by [email protected], on Flickr

Edited by Turd

Submitted for your fighting pleasure: The Kerbal Space Patrol Modular Cruiser D, as it is evidently Laythe capable! Yes, I am just as surprised as you.

The Kerbal Space Patrol is a interplanetary organization dedicated to protecting shipping from predation of all kinds, but is against kerbals shooting other kerbals for basically any reason other than self defense. As space is really, really, really big, it has tacitly allowed space based corporations the use of deadly force in protecting their assets should the KSP be unable to render assistance due to the really, really big distances involved, as the because as space is (as said before) really big and patrolling its really, really bigness is hard.

As long as it has good intel on the situation at Laythe, the KSP joins the fight on Spiritwolf's side, but the KSP is obligated to defend Hanlan's assets should Spiritwolf attack when a patrolling cruiser is nearby.

ModularCruiserDgoestoJool_zpsa34b4429.png

For realz, I didn't think it could do it. Heck I did it wrong, missed my phase angle launch window, and still made it.

ModularCruiserDgoestoJoolmid-coursecorrection_zps88d91570.png

The mid-course inclination correction.

ModularCruiserDgoestoJoolLaytheIntercept_zpse32ab341.png

Yes, this is how I Laythe.

ModularCruiserDgoestoJoolTheMagicMeterisnumber18802_zps1479470c.png

Gently aerobraking at 18,802m. Nothing to see here; move along.

ModularCruiserDgoestoJoolAchievementUnlockedStableOrbit_zpsde8ff0db.png

Achievement Unlocked: Laythe Orbit.

Edited by Son of Hicks

in response to the increased tensions in the Jool system, Olympus Electronics have modified their exploration spacecraft in order for them to defend their interests on and around Laythe. Hanland have agreed to allow Olympus Electronics free reign on one of the large landmasses on Laythe, in return for defending the moon against the marauding Spiritwolf corporation.

Thunderbolt interplanetary cruise missile

crew - unmanned

simply ram enemy capital ship with very hard and sharp buisness end.

Pantheon class drone super carrier

crew - 3

armaments - 2 smart anti capital ship missiles

drones - 20 parasite drones

- 4 Hermes control satalites

Edited by MAX1217

• 2 weeks later...
There were a lot of rumours going about that he had died but there's no evidence to support them (anyone checked the obituaries?) so it's pretty unlikely. I recon he got laid....

Macey.. Please come baacck!!!

Macey, if you got laid, good for you! now make more KSP!!! (you can make ships that get laid because why not)

Zekes, should I try making the infinity (During winter break)? Or try to make something that can destroy the drek and be in a similar class? My MAC cannons were functional, but impractical to the point that I'm just going to go with small torpedoes from now on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.