Terminus Station Core for O.A.S.I.S. station systems

Station core for use with the O.A.S.I.S. station systems (see link in signature)

Also operates as a standalone station, fully functioning with everything it needs in a single launch.

Low part count: around 150 parts total, 180 with 2 fuel cores (additional OASIS XL fuel tanks after that are only 3 parts each, up to 14 tanks!)

'Lite' alternative for people who want a full sized O.A.S.I.S. compatible station with minimal part count, hassle, or orbital assembly.

Once in orbit, it has enough onboard fuel for its LV-Ns to reach minmus orbit, although you will need to dock additional fuel tanks with it before moving it to another planet.

3jLlkeN.jpg

PmKfKwO.jpg

anDwJkH.jpg

KFjJJ5F.jpg

KjJqtyJ.jpg

shown with OASIS fuel cores.

Sb9UU7E.jpg

o7Vurgn.jpg

The entire length of the station is accessible via mobility enhancers.

LZGnCXC.jpg

Action groups:

1) toggle outer engine gimballing. Press twice before every launch or station will wobble!

3) toggle solar panels

4) toggle antennas

5) toggle mobility enhancers

0) Jettison structural support (press before finishing circularizing, or you'll leave a bunch of debris in space)

Ascent notes: It's very tall and thin with a cupola module at the top. Be sure to handle it gently and don't let it thrash around. Recommend selecting the probe core at the top of the lifter stage and 'control from here' to reduce navball wobble during ascent. If you have trouble keeping it oriented after the second lifter stage drops off, you can re-engage the outer engine gimballing temporarily, but be sure to turn it off again before the third stage drops.

http://herpnderp.info/KSP/Terminus%20Station-S.craft

That looks awesome! And holy cow, that thing makes it to minmus?!

1550 delta v with the onboard fuel tank and no additional docked ships or modules.

When I launched I had an additional 900 delta v left in the lifter stage, too, after reaching a 118km orbit, so if you don't care about leaving the lifter floating around an eccentric orbit, you could use it as a boost to get to duna or eve.

When I launched I had an additional 900 delta v left in the lifter stage, too, after reaching a 118km orbit, so if you don't care about leaving the lifter floating around an eccentric orbit, you could use it as a boost to get to duna or eve.

Holy sweet jesus. I just assembled a two way vehicle for a Duna trip and didn't think I had enough fuel for the trip. I think I can squash my concerns now. Do you use kerbal engineer for the delta v check?

Holy sweet jesus. I just assembled a two way vehicle for a Duna trip and didn't think I had enough fuel for the trip. I think I can squash my concerns now. Do you use kerbal engineer for the delta v check?

I usually use kerbal engineer for staging analysis on really big lifters, but usually just use mechjeb for basic interplanetary calculations with single stages, since I throw it on all my rockets anyway.

IIRC the duna and eve injections both cost in the 2000-2500 delta v range, but of course you should do your own math first. This assumes perfect approach and aerobraking.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually managed to make an alternate booster for the station, without clipping 8*3 small tanks onto the orange tank. It involves 4 skippers, 4 LV-T30s, 4 large SRTs and a mainsail, though I think it should not have the same amount of Dv after getting to that same orbit that you did (I only did a 100km orbit after alarmingly many tries on the booster).

I'll get some pictures up in a bit.

I actually managed to make an alternate booster for the station, without clipping 8*3 small tanks onto the orange tank. It involves 4 skippers, 4 LV-T30s, 4 large SRTs and a mainsail, though I think it should not have the same amount of Dv after getting to that same orbit that you did (I only did a 100km orbit after alarmingly many tries on the booster).

I'll get some pictures up in a bit.

Oh those tanks and engines aren't really necessary. I just use them because I like them, and it improves the final stage thrust a bit. I included them in the OASIS lifters because it was a major project I wanted to share online, and I wanted it to look nice.

Well, I was only posting just to announce say that I have an alternative to the clip-tastic booster if anyone wants to know (the clipping caused problems for me personally)

Moving on away from that personal pet peeve of mine, I like the simplicity of the station (eventhough I modded it to include RCS as an option...without the tanks attached permanently)

the said booster

62WnjdF.jpg

Just before I accidentally destroyed the empty orange tanks in a second attempt to ditch them

8FQ1Hwq.jpg

Edited by info600
pic added

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.