The KSP-TV discussion thread!

KasperVld

See my reply to PDCWolf and like I said: if there is any such information to be released I'm not the person to do so.
Oh, I know what you wrote. I wasn't referring to you individually, but to Squad's people in general. Someone was responsible for the stream, and we'd appreciate some information from them.

A few people posting (and lets face it, those people have similar backgrounds) does not give a fair image of what the majority of the community agrees on.

The first part would be discriminating our opinion because we come from the same "place" which, thanks to certain people, has a bad reputation. And the second part is why I asked for the thread to be moved, to have more members of the community discussing the topic (while you or whoever practices their moderation skills by keeping the discussion civil instead of closing the thread, just like Let's not and the criticism thread).

The first part would be discriminating our opinion because we come from the same "place" which, thanks to certain people, has a bad reputation.

I think you're really misinterpreting what I'm saying here: I really don't care about where you're from but the fact remains that you have a common view on things based on earlier ehm, let's call it discussions. You can't then claim that the view of only one such group is representative of the whole community. For example: if I go ask a group of young parents if school books should be gratis it is not representative of all the people in a country.

The first part would be discriminating our opinion because we come from the same "place" which, thanks to certain people, has a bad reputation. And the second part is why I asked for the thread to be moved, to have more members of the community discussing the topic (while you or whoever practices their moderation skills by keeping the discussion civil instead of closing the thread, just like Let's not and the criticism thread).

This thread is in the correct part of the forums, it'll just take some time for awareness of it's existence to spread. If you go and look at Frostiken's criticism thread it took a while before it's popularity really took off. It's going to seem one sided until more people are aware and come and post here, the thread is only a few hours old after all.

Edited by hoojiwana

A few people posting (and lets face it, those people have similar backgrounds) does not give a fair image of what the majority of the community agrees on.

More people might post and add to the discussion if the thread was in a more active board such as General Discussion, it's quite hidden from everyone here and it'd be nice if it could be moved. I don't really see how it fits in this board anyway - This isn't fanworks or an AAR.

Any "similar backgrounds" are totally irrelevant to the topic at hand, it's just a bunch of people that have similar opinions - And it's quite a lot of them. I'd say this is far from just a small issue, I assume you were present during the stream last night? So many people were upset at Skunky's stream. It's the number one issue surrounding ksptv right now as it is the only area receiving any significant criticism and it'd be nice if someone from Squad could acknowledge this and at least look into it.

Do you have any proof that we are from the same place besides the fact we happen to agree? It looks like you are assuming that any negative criticism of squad policy and practice must be from a niche group and dismissing it out of hand.

More people might post and add to the discussion if the thread was in a more active board such as General Discussion, it's quite hidden from everyone here and it'd be nice if it could be moved. I don't really see how it fits in this board anyway - This isn't fanworks or an AAR.

More people definitely would. But it would be hypocritical of us to ask members to post their streams in a certain place, confine them there and then the KSP-TV discussion thread gets posted elsewhere. It's very important that the rules are seen to go both ways.

Great idea Karper, back on topic: KSP-TV

Why is there currently no stream??? Schedule clearly states Neko Space Program should be on right now but the stream is offline. Earlier today Dahud's SURPRISE also wasn't there. WHAT GIVES?

Whatisthisidonteven & itisdearflunch I explained my statement in my previous post. Now, I suggest (and that's not an optional request) that we get back on topic :)

So we aren't allowed to talk about skunky's stream, we aren't allowed to talk about the banning of discussion of skunky's stream....what IS allowed on topic discussion?

Great idea Karper, back on topic: KSP-TV

Why is there currently no stream??? Schedule clearly states Neko Space Program should be on right now but the stream is offline. Earlier today Dahud's SURPRISE also wasn't there. WHAT GIVES?

As previously mentioned, there are apparently some problems with Twitch. Squad probably aren't trying to censor you. :P

Twitch had some problems this morning, so it maybe related to that, a explanation by somebody of what actually happen will be nice through

So we aren't allowed to talk about skunky's stream, we aren't allowed to talk about the banning of discussion of skunky's stream....what IS allowed on topic discussion?

If you have nothing good to say, and any further criticism of a particular subject is unproductive, say nothing at all.

Not that I agree with the idea of disallowing people to voice their opinions on Skunkys segment of the stream.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. I know Neko wasn't able to stream yesterday and instead Yargnit took over, but I'll see if I can find out what's up. Update: seems it's related to the issues Twitch had yesterday.

Well, people have had their say on Capt'n Skunky's stream and I'm fairly sure that the general opinion on it has been accurately gauged and noted, thus it's probably more beneficial for all if we move on. KSP-TV is on-topic discussion.

Edited by Ted

More people definitely would. But it would be hypocritical of us to ask members to post their streams in a certain place, confine them there and then the KSP-TV discussion thread gets posted elsewhere. It's very important that the rules are seen to go both ways.

I understand that, but if that's the case then all of the rules should be seen to go both ways. For an on topic example, there was swearing from skunky quite a bit in last night's stream and all of the streams before that, but as soon as anyone else utters a word like that they get timed out and their message deleted.

Whatisthisidonteven & itisdearflunch I explained my statement in my previous post. Now, I suggest (and that's not an optional request) that we get back on topic :)

Your explanation wasn't that good. Noone here is part of a specific "group", everyone here as far as the topic is concerned is just a forum user. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. The fact that some people may frequent other places does not mean anything at all and shouldn't have been brought up in the first place really.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about that. I know Neko wasn't able to stream yesterday and instead Yargnit took over, but I'll see if I can find out what's up. Update: seems it's related to the issues Twitch had yesterday.

It would be really nice if there was some sort of announcement when such things occur, so that everyone knows what's going on. I understand that the streams scheduled today were, let's say, "3rd party" streams (i.e. non-staff streams), but i was hoping that someone from Squad would be monitoring how things are going with KSP-TV and releasing updates on unplanned schedule changes or any other deviation from what is announced.

It is quite disappointing that even now, when 3 streams have been missed and at least 2 staff members know about the problem, there still has been no announcement on the matter. It is understandable, of course, since KSP-TV just launched, that there might be a few hiccups here and there, but i hope that the team's responsiveness will increase as time goes on.

It would be really nice if there was some sort of announcement when such things occur, so that everyone knows what's going on. I understand that the streams scheduled today were, let's say, "3rd party" streams (i.e. non-staff streams), but i was hoping that someone from Squad would be monitoring how things are going with KSP-TV and releasing updates on unplanned schedule changes or any other deviation from what is announced.

It is quite disappointing that even now, when 3 streams have been missed and at least 2 staff members know about the problem, there still has been no announcement on the matter. It is understandable, of course, since KSP-TV just launched, that there might be a few hiccups here and there, but i hope that the team's responsiveness will increase as time goes on.

I completely understand what you're saying, I'll see if I can pass the message on to someone who can make the announcement, or I'll do it myself.

I understand that, but if that's the case then all of the rules should be seen to go both ways. For an on topic example, there was swearing from skunky quite a bit in last night's stream and all of the streams before that, but as soon as anyone else utters a word like that they get timed out and their message deleted.

I'd like to add on to that, at risk of going slightly off topic. Why can Skunky swear in streams but swear words are censored on the forums?

Guys, please don't turn this into another thread like thee one we had before the announcement of Anthony leaving the team.

Back on topic, I expected something more... serious from KSP-TV, not just like: Do random stuff on your time.

IMHO:

-Mod Showcases should be something regular and done by the dev/team leader to explain it better and answer to people's questions.

-Another suggestion I'd like to have is some kind of dedicated series with each streamer, so people can follow them and expect a new episode.

Many times we've had youtube series in which the youtuber doesn't edit his videos, he just does live commentary and uploads it; The same thing could happen with KSP-TV: Log-in on twitch, watch a new live episode in which you can talk and suggest stuff to the streamer, and then log out.

I'd like to add on to that, at risk of going slightly off topic. Why can Skunky swear in streams but swear words are censored on the forums?

Like he says himself he should not swear, he's trying to control it but he's having a tough time. This is not an excuse to swear in the chat though.

Guys, please don't turn this into another thread like thee one we had before the announcement of Anthony leaving the team.

Back on topic, I expected something more... serious from KSP-TV, not just like: Do random stuff on your time.

IMHO:

-Mod Showcases should be something regular and done by the dev/team leader to explain it better and answer to people's questions.

-Another suggestion I'd like to have is some kind of dedicated series with each streamer, so people can follow them and expect a new episode.

Many times we've had youtube series in which the youtuber doesn't edit his videos, he just does live commentary and uploads it; The same thing could happen with KSP-TV: Log-in on twitch, watch a new live episode in which you can talk and suggest stuff to the streamer, and then log out.

The mod highlight suggestion is a good one, providing that the mod authors want to do such streams. For now KSP-TV is still very new but things like this are definitely worth looking at. Series would also be very cool :)

Like he says himself he should not swear, he's trying to control it but he's having a tough time. This is not an excuse to swear in the chat though.
There are two very simple solutions to this, though. I'll ignore the obvious one, which would just get me in trouble, and jump to the more roundabout one. Give him a little beeper he can press when he feels the urge to swear come around. :)

I'll be blunt; If he lacks self control why is he representing Squad? He's had months to learn to stop swearing while he streams but he just cannot seem to do it. At the very least if he cannot control himself then he should not expect everyone else to control themselves and he shouldn't hand out bans so easily for swearing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.