SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

You can get the Command Pod here:

Command Pod

Javascript is disabled. View full album

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

XSCDCaM.png

qtxU5UZ.png

Get the new Enterprise and Voyager on the CurseForge page here.

I started on the actual internal for the TARDIS besides the console. It's around 4k tris. I might be able to use a normal map to cut it in half. We'll see

eNE7ETQ.png

I've started on the internal. I've created an animation for the time rotor but I doubt I'll be able to activate it in-game. Maybe it can always be on or something.

Q57yJNF.gif

D3lNtIR.png

So I was getting ready to release the mod for the hundredth time when I remembered how unoptimized the Tardis was. I've redone it in the style of the Third Doctor. Right now only the exterior is done but the interior shouldn't be too hard. As this is what it looks like. I kind of expected myself to redo all these ships eventually, so I'm glad I'm doing it now.

Philotical has kindly offered to create a plugin for this mod. Here is a video showcasing some of the features:

I've started working on the shuttlebay, although I can't seem to get the lights and the shuttlebay door to work in the same part. I may have to break it up. Here's a screenshot of it, with the 2.5m pod for comparison. pLjJCP1.png

Nacelles.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel I haven't posted any progress recently, so here's some. The nacelles are pretty much done except for a couple glowy spots, then I'll texture the landing gear. Hopefully I can implement suspension into them with this tutorial.

Texturing has progressed well, albeit slow.

Alright, some progress. I've got the ship mostly functioning in-game now. It can take off vertically fairly easily. I did actually model the landing gear but they didn't seem to work collide properly so I just decided to redo them after the main ship was functioning. I'll try and animate the nacelles next. I've also had a neat idea. If I modeled a transparent ray, I might be able to scale it so it would be hidden, and then have it extend when I activate it. I could then stick a Claw module on it and it would be like a tractor beam. This is just a concept though, so I'm not sure if it would work.

So I had a "burst" of inspiration after seeing this image. I made this. I'm actually really happy with it. I wouldn't worry about me not working on Voyager though, I just need something to do when I've had enough Trek.

Edited by StarVision
Updates

Oh, fine. I just made some progress.

After realizing that some of the parts moved around in flight, due to instability, i decided to just make the whole ship one part. It flies perfectly in and out of atmosphere. Also, just for fun, I created a 1:1 scale version, which I've decided to keep, along with the small, 16m one. It doesn't lag at all. Now I'm just working on the finishing touches and should have it done on Wednesday. The sounds are different then they used to be so I'm just adjusting them right now, as well as the sounds for the TARDIS which are now broken.

Now for some screenshots!

kerbal.png

ships.png

kerbin.png

Oh, fine. I just made some progress.

After realizing that some of the parts moved around in flight, due to instability, i decided to just make the whole ship one part. It flies perfectly in and out of atmosphere. Also, just for fun, I created a 1:1 scale version, which I've decided to keep, along with the small, 16m one. It doesn't lag at all. Now I'm just working on the finishing touches and should have it done on Wednesday. The sounds are different then they used to be so I'm just adjusting them right now, as well as the sounds for the TARDIS which are now broken.

Now for some screenshots!

kerbal.png

ships.png

kerbin.png

Holy mother of Jebediah! That things huge!

nice :D i guess i'll link ur ships for the ST pack... so partnership???

To be honest I had actually planned to release all my ships together, Star Trek or not, something more like the "Sci-Fi Pack". That doesn't mean I still can't collaberate later on though. Anyways, I want to see the finished product on your end first.

To be honest I had actually planned to release all my ships together, Star Trek or not, something more like the "Sci-Fi Pack". That doesn't mean I still can't collaberate later on though. Anyways, I want to see the finished product on your end first.

Sounds good

"I didn't mean to say that the Enterprise should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled away AS garbage!"-regarding the old model.

Anyways, the new one is now on Spaceport and ready to be flown.

mod.png

EDIT: Ironically enough The mod was already released when you made that post. I was just typing this up.

Edited by StarVision

• 3 weeks later...

Today I finally got the Enterprise D that I have been making to fly straight. Now I just have to texture the hull and the saucer.

untextured.png

It should be done within a week. I'm planning on having the Saucer detach like it can in the show/movie.

Today I finally got the Enterprise D that I have been making to fly straight. Now I just have to texture the hull and the saucer.

untextured.png

It should be done within a week. I'm planning on having the Saucer detach like it can in the show/movie.

OOO! Goodie! :D I've enjoyed playing around with the big single piece Enterprise, it's a wee bit sensitive, but REALLY fun.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been released! All the links and stuff can be found in the release thread.

I have revamped the Stargazer, Redone the Tardis, and of course made the Enterprise D. I think I'll take a short break from modelling, I need to play 0.21.1! Probably only like a week, then onto learning the secrets Of IVAs!

stargazer.png

Click for Release thread!

I couldn't resist, I started learning how to do IVA's and already know how. I've spent my evening(well, it's 3am now) learning(only like 30 minutes), and the rest modelling the Stargazer's bridge. The textures are all placeholders but the models are probably going to stay, although I have some touch-ups to do with positioning. I've also learned how to set up alternative views, like how you can click on windows in cockpits. I got these two shots that way,

sideview.png

IVA.png

Very cool, I wasn't going to really do any full on IVA stuff until they actually let us walk around in the IVA, otherwise every time you leave those chairs you will inexplicably be transported to the top of your vessel outside. Would be much cooler if they let you actually walk around the bridge, but I guess we do with what we can. looks good so far.

When you get round to it, make the TARDIS IVA bigger on the inside :)

I plan to!

"The word is given... Warp Speed!"

It's funny how that quote is actually from a death scene.

Very cool, I wasn't going to really do any full on IVA stuff until they actually let us walk around in the IVA, otherwise every time you leave those chairs you will inexplicably be transported to the top of your vessel outside. Would be much cooler if they let you actually walk around the bridge, but I guess we do with what we can. looks good so far.

I hadn't really thought of that, now that space by the doors will be permanently empty, oh well, as you say we can't really do much more currently. It will all look a lot better with props and textures. I don't think many people will really mind.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.