SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

Is there the going to a version that uses the KSP Intersteller Alcubierre Drive?

Possibly, I'll look more carefully into that when I finish everything else.

I've got all the fairings working now and they all align nicely. I've also added in the RCS systems.

This is all good except for the part where I've run into some difficulties.

1: I cannot get the emissive and the animation to work together, I'm not sure if this is fixable.

2: Where should the hatch go? If anyone has any ideas I'd gladly accept them.

Yeah, it probably didn't have a hatch. For gameplay purposes it'd be pretty handy to have it all. I'd put it on the bottom of the cockpit. On the top you have the cockpit windows getting in the way, but the bottom is free. I'd make the hatch not too pronounced though. A big hatch sticking out of that aerodynamic shape would look weird.

Emissives are textures that give off light right? Because this mod has lights appear after an animation. Maybe it's author can help you, at least if that's what emissives mean.

The textured version looks really great, btw. Can't wait to launch this sucker.

Looking at the movie, there appears to be a hatch at the back of the cockpit, at a 45 degree offset to the left from the top.

Its only ever seen from the inside though, so its difficult to say exactly where it is on the outside.

My guess would be either one of those square panels is the hatch, or its on the narrow bit right behind that.

did the phoenix even have a hatch? lol.

How do you suppose they got out?

Can you do one at the nose that opens up like the Clamp-O-Tron Shielded Docking Port?

That's where the parachute is.

Yeah, it probably didn't have a hatch. For gameplay purposes it'd be pretty handy to have it all. I'd put it on the bottom of the cockpit. On the top you have the cockpit windows getting in the way, but the bottom is free. I'd make the hatch not too pronounced though. A big hatch sticking out of that aerodynamic shape would look weird.

Emissives are textures that give off light right? Because this mod has lights appear after an animation. Maybe it's author can help you, at least if that's what emissives mean.

The textured version looks really great, btw. Can't wait to launch this sucker.

If you look in this diagram

The difference is, is that the one you linked to is a light while mine is something like what the ion engine uses, and it changes based on throttle. I don't know why they're handled differently in-game but they are, unfortunately.

Looking at the movie, there appears to be a hatch at the back of the cockpit, at a 45 degree offset to the left from the top.

Its only ever seen from the inside though, so its difficult to say exactly where it is on the outside.

My guess would be either one of those square panels is the hatch, or its on the narrow bit right behind that.

That's what I've been thinking of doing. I could just re-texture one of the panels. I'll look through the end part of the movie.

How do you suppose they got out?

Transporter. ;)

(Yes, I know, the Phoenix predates the invention of the transporter. It's interesting to think about though -- once you invent the transporter, things like doors become optional. Could lead to interesting architecture.)

Transporter. ;)

(Yes, I know, the Phoenix predates the invention of the transporter. It's interesting to think about though -- once you invent the transporter, things like doors become optional. Could lead to interesting architecture.)

The only problem with this is what if they lose power? suddenly everyone's trapped. Anyways, back on topic: I've rescaled several parts of the ship and made some tweaks to make it a bit more accurate. I've also added in the Hatch.

Could you make the parachute a low profile stack-able one and then add the shielded docking port on top of it?

I suppose I could, It would take away from the authenticity but I guess I could always have the option for that. I've been transferring my laptop to a different house so I haven't really gotten much done since yesterday. Mondays are rarely productive for me due to this. Tomorrow will be packed full of productive hours though, so I should get the outside of the model finished completely.

I suppose I could, It would take away from the authenticity but I guess I could always have the option for that. I've been transferring my laptop to a different house so I haven't really gotten much done since yesterday. Mondays are rarely productive for me due to this. Tomorrow will be packed full of productive hours though, so I should get the outside of the model finished completely.

By shielded docking port, I was referring to one made to look like the Phoenix's nose.

So the overall look would be the same, but I understand that it is time consuming to create.

It's looking great no mater what direction you in. I'm looking forward to flying it.

Would it be possible to integrate this with the KSP Interstellar mod so your ships can have actual warp drives?
This would be cool and add more realism! :D

I'll probably release a set of config files either with the release or shortly after. I wouldn't worry about me forgetting about it, as I'm looking forward to putting it in myself!

By shielded docking port, I was referring to one made to look like the Phoenix's nose.

So the overall look would be the same, but I understand that it is time consuming to create.

It's looking great no mater what direction you in. I'm looking forward to flying it.

I figured that's what you meant, and I know how it would work, I just need to look at the stock one and see how it uses the animations as well. I already know how to make a docking port, because I originally tried to make the Enterprise D have one (I'll try and make it work later). I'll look into that and if there aren't any horrible issues then I'll definitely add that in. All this new stuff like animations and emissives is rather exciting.

I feel I haven't posted a picture in a while so here's a rather long album. I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made tonight (even if my laptops power adapter gave out for a bit.). I think I'm actually going to create my own Titan, because then I can scale it easily, match the style I'm currently working in, and of course not rely on someone else, which I try to avoid.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

At the part labeled access hatch? That probably means a removable panel to get access to the innards, so that you could fix something from the outside. Gemini had those as well. Besides at the top it's an access hatch and in the bottom cross section it's shown as completely filled with backup oxygen tanks.

Interior illustration that in general might be handy:

phoenix-cockpit.jpg

It's hard to tell with only one perspective on a 2D print, so CaptRobau could be right.

Although when I look at the oxygen bottles at the top they appear to be drawn as if the ones in front are partly blocking the view of the ones lower down.

You also see this perspective on several other areas on the print. This would suggest that they are mounted on the walls the cylindrical hull and that the middle may well be empty.

The oxygen bottles at the very top could be on ether side of the hatch opening.

Apparently the hatch was just aft of the cockpit on top
At the part labeled access hatch? That probably means a removable panel to get access to the innards, so that you could fix something from the outside. Gemini had those as well. Besides at the top it's an access hatch and in the bottom cross section it's shown as completely filled with backup oxygen tanks.

Interior illustration that in general might be handy:

It's hard to tell with only one perspective on a 2D print, so CaptRobau could be right.

Although when I look at the oxygen bottles at the top they appear to be drawn as if the ones in front are partly blocking the view of the ones lower down.

You also see this perspective on several other areas on the print. This would suggest that they are mounted on the walls the cylindrical hull and that the middle may well be empty.

The oxygen bottles at the very top could be on ether side of the hatch opening.

If you look in this image it seems that there isn't much behind the seat, and it cuts off there. Where the hatch is won't really change anything, mostly because I've separated the ship into multiple parts, so there's no other place it could be besides from where I put it.

Phoenix_cockpit.jpg

When your done, can you release a set of configs that turn the chem powered warp nacelles into a KSPI powered alcubierrie drive?
Is there the going to a version that uses the KSP Intersteller Alcubierre Drive?
Would it be possible to integrate this with the KSP Interstellar mod so your ships can have actual warp drives?
Have you considered adding the KSPI alcubierrie drive functionality to the Phoenix when done?

Yes.

Damn 10 character limit, ruining my post.

-Snip-

2.3 Other forbidden messages

Messages that lack any substantial content, for example messages that contain only reaction images, simply a '+1' or jargon;

Messages that derail a topic or 'trolling'; and

Messages that inquire about release dates for future versions of KSP.

I don't want my thread turning into a chat thread now do I. :wink:

Anyways, I've been away up-island for the weekend, so I didn't get much done. I've started a bit on the IVA but there's nothing much to show yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.