SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

This video shows it a little

http://youtu.be/FKhiAHbGeCE?t=3m19s

Impulse will constantly pull on your ship while it's running..

KSP does not like that and calculates a lot of orbit-line movement.

but that is not an issue..

you can:

- deactivate impulse to stabilize your orbit

- activate "Full halt" to keep your position

- hit "Hold speed" and Hold height" and configure your orbit that way..

the latter option allows even for stuff like this:

http://imgur.com/8fwGMQv

I've added this question to the wiki..

https://github.com/philotical/StarTrekImpulseDrive/wiki/FAQ---Frequently-asked-questions:

Thanks for the info.

is it possible to configure the speed with the same set up as stock, I mean with shift for speeding up and crtl for slowing down, its odd to always click on the ahead button, I know there is other option, but asking for those , might be easier to use???maybe other key for the speed, like short keys ?

is it possible to configure the speed with the same set up as stock, I mean with shift for speeding up and crtl for slowing down, its odd to always click on the ahead button, I know there is other option, but asking for those , might be easier to use???maybe other key for the speed, like short keys ?

not really - I have to accept the fact, that most ships will have an own propulsion allready in it.

like voyager..

The nacel engines allready use the keys..

Impulse is not implemented in the staging, so you would get allways duplicated thrust.

Also - impulse would have to use kind of many keys to become panel independent.

up down, slow down, full halt..

However - as you said, it still might be an option to bind some action groups to certain functions..

speed would be the first choice..

I will keep that in mind for future updates..

CHANGE OF RULES!!!

For LCARS, Impulse Drive support please go here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86169-LCARS-Impulse-Drive-Plugin-Dev-and-Support-Beta6-07-14-2014

This is the dev thread of StarVision - I feel really bad to post more than him.

Let's not hijack this topic..

Thank's for your cooperation guys..

@ StarVision:

Capt'n, permission to disembark - the bridge is yours again, I will do you honor on my away mission..

:-D

CHANGE OF RULES!!!

For LCARS, Impulse Drive support please go here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86169-LCARS-Impulse-Drive-Plugin-Dev-and-Support-Beta6-07-14-2014

This is the dev thread of StarVision - I feel really bad to post more than him.

Let's not hijack this topic..

Thank's for your cooperation guys..

@ StarVision:

Capt'n, permission to disembark - the bridge is yours again, I will do you honor on my away mission..

:-D

Don't worry that you posted more than me. It brought some life to the thread.

I wish you luck on your mission.

On another note, Voyager is basically ready to be released. I'm just going to include a navball on the helms console, change the floor colour, and make the cfgs a bit neater. After that I'll finish up the Enterprise. All I have to do for that is create some better colliders, and move the bridge IVA.

can`t wait to see more on the enterprise, what u up to?

for my part I`m right here ,almost done with the mesh, need to add texture and collision, doing custom and regular texture, it won`t be accurate, as it hard to find those textures, but I will like it myself.

ds9,

1mjyds9.jpg

can`t wait to see more on the enterprise, what u up to?

for my part I`m right here ,almost done with the mesh, need to add texture and collision, doing custom and regular texture, it won`t be accurate, as it hard to find those textures, but I will like it myself.

ds9,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/mightyjoe-y/1mjyds9.jpg

That's looking pretty awesome.

Are you planning on having different parts to assemble? Or just one big station? I guess the size of the VAB might make it hard to assemble. Also how are you going to do collision? Just lots of broken up bits?

All I have done with Enterprise is little fixes, like moving the internal to fit with the new model. I also shrunk it a bit to be more of a kerbal size. I've 100% finished Voyager, I just need to include some alternate cfgs for KSPI and Philotical's LCARS plugin. I'm doing those now, so release will be today.

wow nice, will check it out when your done. love anything star trek, enterprise is a must, I got tons of freeware, I might released some freeware also, as if I release some , its because I`m testing stuff, but I will be doing more stuff custom. just some are really nice, I love to look at other people`s work, reason I would released freeware with autor`s permission. anyway, after this one prob the big spacebase that is 3500 m compared to 1000 m ds9

as for collision, I will make it all in pieces with very low poly I will mold around the ds9, so fewer collision pieces the least lag I will get. and also fewer textures if I can. but its a big project, and it won`t hit 20 k poly.

as the base prob got 2-3 full vanilla planes worth of meshes, so not to bad I think. should work good. next stuff after it might be more towards the games planes,etc, as I wanted a base, cargo ship, then will add shuttles, then prob other secret stuff

yes I have to make it 1 big piece as it will be very big even with extended cargo bay pluging. and now with the pluging it makes it possible to make huge ships, bases, etc

Edited by mjy

wow nice, will check it out when your done. love anything star trek, enterprise is a must, I got tons of freeware, I might released some freeware also, as if I release some , its because I`m testing stuff, but I will be doing more stuff custom. just some are really nice, I love to look at other people`s work, reason I would released freeware with autor`s permission. anyway, after this one prob the big spacebase that is 3500 m compared to 1000 m ds9

as for collision, I will make it all in pieces with very low poly I will mold around the ds9, so fewer collision pieces the least lag I will get. and also fewer textures if I can. but its a big project, and it won`t hit 20 k poly.

as the base prob got 2-3 full vanilla planes worth of meshes, so not to bad I think. should work good. next stuff after it might be more towards the games planes,etc, as I wanted a base, cargo ship, then will add shuttles, then prob other secret stuff

yes I have to make it 1 big piece as it will be very big even with extended cargo bay pluging. and now with the pluging it makes it possible to make huge ships, bases, etc

I know what you mean about looking at others work. Sometimes I'll spend hours just browsing sites like SciFimeshes. Also what you have planned for collision sounds exactly like what I'm doing for all my ships.

Also I decided to not release Voyager today(sunday). Instead I'm going to release both Voyager and the Enterprise tomorrow. There's no shuttlebay right now. I may or may not get it done tomorrow. I've also been working on a video using Kerbcam and Voyager. I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but here's a clip I just recorded anyways.

blendswap is one of my favorit - chris kuhn is the one you should look for there..

The clip is a great teaser for more.. :-)

BTW: the plugin part of the shuttle bay works now..

I still need to fix the userinterface for it and solve some positioning issues..

The ability to use more than one shuttle bay per ship is currently uncertain if it ever will be possible with modular parts.

I'll do my best to make it possible - but right now I don't see how..

maybe ships like deadalus will be limited to only one working bay..

Just to mention a plus point too - I took an other route than EL did - so ship explosions on vessel spawn are HIGHLY unlikely with LCARS..

It saves/spawns them with crew, resources and everything else the vessel has - like science or triplogger..

Took some doing - but I guess it's worth it..

I'd like to, and for the past couple of hours I've been trying to get it working, but the airlock refuses to work. I've done this plenty of times before, but for some reason it doesn't work this time. If anyone really wants it they can give it a shot. Here's a download link with the part and the .blend file. Hopefully I'll get it figured out eventually, but anyones welcome to try it.

Legacy Cockpit Download

Neat, thanks. I can take a look at the airlock, not saying anything will come of it, but I'll peek at it.

blendswap is one of my favorit - chris kuhn is the one you should look for there..

The clip is a great teaser for more.. :-)

BTW: the plugin part of the shuttle bay works now..

I still need to fix the userinterface for it and solve some positioning issues..

The ability to use more than one shuttle bay per ship is currently uncertain if it ever will be possible with modular parts.

I'll do my best to make it possible - but right now I don't see how..

maybe ships like deadalus will be limited to only one working bay..

Just to mention a plus point too - I took an other route than EL did - so ship explosions on vessel spawn are HIGHLY unlikely with LCARS..

It saves/spawns them with crew, resources and everything else the vessel has - like science or triplogger..

Took some doing - but I guess it's worth it..

Multiple shuttlebays shouldn't be a problem for my ships. Glad you got the system working fine. I'll include the colliders in Voyager and the Enterprise.

Also I got the Enterprise's Shuttlebay done.I'll try and release it tonight.

I am trying to get voyager to work with LCARS Beta 6 and I am having trouble. help?

Did you look at the Readme for the Plugin? All you have to do is copy/paste these modules into voy_saucer/part.cfg.

MODULE
{
name = LCARS_ImpulseDrive
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.1
}
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_ShuttleBay
volume = 450
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_CargoBay
maxTonnage = 200
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_CloakingDevice
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_StructuralIntegrityField
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_FuelTransfer
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_CrewQuartier
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_TransporterSystem
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_WeaponSystems
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_PhotonTorpedo
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_TractorBeam
}
MODULE
{
name = LCARS_SensorArray
}

Okay, I released the ships on Curseforge, as well as updated the Phoenix's file structure. After I revisit the flag mod I made I'll convert all the Phoenix textures to .tga, then they'll be a lot smaller.

Here's the album showing Voyager and the Enterprise, get them both on the Curseforge page here.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Multiple shuttlebays shouldn't be a problem for my ships. Glad you got the system working fine. I'll include the colliders in Voyager and the Enterprise.

Also I got the Enterprise's Shuttlebay done.I'll try and release it tonight.

1701 looks great - I was looking forward to this for a long time :-)

But listen about colliders..

"working fine" is a relative term - it loads ships, it spawns ships - but it places large ships inside the motherships walls because of positioning..

If you copy the setup from starbase for voyager, that is what you will get.

For the part creator tut it's too early now

right now, it's a game of luck if, at the end, your collider will meat the requirements or not..

I can't garantee that right now..

The problem, explained for non coders:

There is a part with triggers and colliders on one hand, there are several hundred lines of code (spread in 3 classes) on the other hand - all needs to be synchronized in 30+ details..

I know only about 40% of the details I would need to know about the starbase part.

The rest is guess work - that's kind of annoying..

However - that guessing cost me allready 3 days.

If I had access to the blend file, I could've checked the setup every time something was unclear - but since you seem to fear I steal something, it adds a lot of complication to the developpment that I have to guess all the time.

Although I respect it, I actually don't get your desire for secrecy on that starbase part

After all, we coder HAVE to publish every line of our intellectual propperty on github or our plugin will be refused by the moderators..

If we coders would think like most part creators, there would not be a single plugin. Think aout it - on KSP forums, you get every .cs file but almost no blend files..

I consider this a joke actually because: try to find a .cs file from Adobe Photoshop, you don't! But you get .PS files, graphics and clipart everywhere - in KSP, it's reality turned upside down - but maybe that's just me personally.

My license however, allows you to copy/paste my code in your own plugin - that's how coders have to work for KSP and I'm fine with it - I'm used to "open source"!

( everytime I try to be blunt on english, it sounds rude - I need more practice - sorry about that - it's just "the problem explained" actually - not an attempt to offend someone - but I see it sounds that way..)

..well - now that this is said..

The rest of the plugin wasn't so closely locked to your blender setup - all the rest was kind of independent - this shuttle bay code is intertwined with the initial blender setup as far as it could possibly go.

So - here it does actually matter if I see the blend or not.

As you know, my own test parts cause the plugin/game to crash every other start - So far, the starbase was good to work with.

But now since the first few prblems are solved, the starbase got more mysteriouse than helpfull again. That puts more weight on the question, if I get my own parts working..

Today I wil (try to) create some more test objects that hopefully work this time - wish me luck - it seems that "luck" is a repeating meme right now..

PS: thanks for the link to this video my friend haha..

you've made my day..

EDIT:

WOW - they both look great - will dowload them right away and test the colliders you've made..

but as I said in PM - I don't expect them to be final now - sorry..

I'm behind schedule I know lol..

Edited by philotical

1701 looks great - I was looking forward to this for a long time :-)

But listen about colliders..

"working fine" is a relative term - it loads ships, it spawns ships - but it places large ships inside the motherships walls because of positioning..

If you copy the setup from starbase for voyager, that is what you will get.

For the part creator tut it's too early now

right now, it's a game of luck if, at the end, your collider will meat the requirements or not..

I can't garantee that right now..

The problem, explained for non coders:

There is a part with triggers and colliders on one hand, there are several hundred lines of code (spread in 3 classes) on the other hand - all needs to be synchronized in 30+ details..

I know only about 40% of the details I would need to know about the starbase part.

The rest is guess work - that's kind of annoying..

However - that guessing cost me allready 3 days.

If I had access to the blend file, I could've checked the setup every time something was unclear - but since you seem to fear I steal something, it adds a lot of complication to the developpment that I have to guess all the time.

Although I respect it, I actually don't get your desire for secrecy on that starbase part

After all, we coder HAVE to publish every line of our intellectual propperty on github or our plugin will be refused by the moderators..

If we coders would think like most part creators, there would not be a single plugin. Think aout it - on KSP forums, you get every .cs file but almost no blend files..

I consider this a joke actually because: try to find a .cs file from Adobe Photoshop, you don't! But you get .PS files, graphics and clipart everywhere - in KSP, it's reality turned upside down - but maybe that's just me personally.

My license however, allows you to copy/paste my code in your own plugin - that's how coders have to work for KSP and I'm fine with it - I'm used to "open source"!

( everytime I try to be blunt on english, it sounds rude - I need more practice - sorry about that - it's just "the problem explained" actually - not an attempt to offend someone - but I see it sounds that way..)

..well - now that this is said..

The rest of the plugin wasn't so closely locked to your blender setup - all the rest was kind of independent - this shuttle bay code is intertwined with the initial blender setup as far as it could possibly go.

So - here it does actually matter if I see the blend or not.

As you know, my own test parts cause the plugin/game to crash every other start - So far, the starbase was good to work with.

But now since the first few prblems are solved, the starbase got more mysteriouse than helpfull again. That puts more weight on the question, if I get my own parts working..

Today I wil (try to) create some more test objects that hopefully work this time - wish me luck - it seems that "luck" is a repeating meme right now..

PS: thanks for the link to this video my friend haha..

you've made my day..

EDIT:

WOW - they both look great - will dowload them right away and test the colliders you've made..

but as I said in PM - I don't expect them to be final now - sorry..

I'm behind schedule I know lol..

The reason you never got the .blend file was simply because I wanted to figure it out myself and find out what I did wrong, but if you do actually need it go ahead: Download. Make sure to remove all the mesh renderer components from collider1, 2, 3, etc... and stick on a convex mesh collider. You may have to change the rotation. I can't remember which way is down in the SPH.

What mod is providing the cloud cover?

I'm surprised people still ask this question, but it's Better Atmospheres + Environmental Visual Enhancements.

With all the rescue mission contracts, would a Thunderbird 3 be possible in the future?

I don't really see the relevance with rescue missions, but maybe that's because I've never seen Thunderbirds. (so probably not)

You really need to add a ship file. its impossible to build in t he VAB :/

I've never had much problems just shift her around until you see the section you need..

..but with hangar extender it should work even better..

Have you tried it?

if it's installed, you can hit "*" in SPH and the hanger is 5 times bigger..

I've never had much problems just shift her around until you see the section you need..

..but with hangar extender it should work even better..

Have you tried it?

if it's installed, you can hit "*" in SPH and the hanger is 5 times bigger..

wow i was trying to build in the VAB. il try to SPH also in having problems getting the Lcars thing to work

wow i was trying to build in the VAB. il try to SPH also in having problems getting the Lcars thing to work

LOL, didn't even get that you talked aobut the VAB at first, I was always in SPH in my mind - sorry about that - I can see how the VAB might be a bit problematic..

LCARS:

if you elaborate what the issue is, I can probbably help..

but let's do that here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86169-LCARS-Impulse-Drive-Plugin-Dev-and-Support

so ships look great, working good, any plans for future stuff??

I'd promised someone that I would revive my Flag Decal mod, so that's what I'm doing now, as well as some other modeling projects. I plan on a folding flag, some flat ones, and some round ones. I already made the folding animation, but there were some weird glitches in it, so I'll try again today.

After I do that I'll try and finish up the Tardis and the Flying Saucer. Both have a partly finished IVA, but the exterior is finished. I should have some updates to post later today.

evreetime i press the Activated warpdrive button nothing happens. i do have a full tank of exotic matter.

dose this by any chance have something to do with the configs in the option SciFi folder? if so i don't know were to put em. in gamedata. or in Scifi.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.