SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

Release!Finally

Well, I think The mod is in a state where I wouldn't mind releasing it. It is the first (of many) to have the recompiled Firespitter sounds, full credit for that to Snjo.

I have put together a little video to showcase it a bit.

Soon sometime next week I plan to update/release my other mods but with added, appropriate sounds, like the Tardis's VWORP, and the sounds of the various bridges. As always I have uploaded the mod to spaceport:

spaceport.png

ah no i just cant get on my regular comp anyway just give it time once i convince my parents to let me back on the comp with the files ill get working on it

also

here's how to add sounds starvision!

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN SOUNDS:

Since the 0.20 version folder structure, many have thought that adding custom sounds is not possible. The thing is, it just was never documented. Thanks to Faark I found out how to do that.

Make a sound sample file in .wav or .ogg format (bitrate and frequency I THINK don't matter much but the standard is 48000 HZ, 16bit) and it MUST be named with "sound_" in front, for example "sound_srb.wav" (in my case).

You need to make folders part/Sounds in your part folder, IN YOUR PART FOLDER, another "part" yes.. Confusing, but here's how it should look like:

GameData/ModName/Parts/PartName/part/Sounds/sound_XXX.wav

(XXX is your sound's name obviously) Awkward and very space wasting to put another part folder, but it is the only way it works for now. This is something that devs should correct in the future.

In the config file (.cfg) of the part add:

sound_XXX = action

where "action" is something like "running" or "engage" or "flameout", refer to other .cfg-s for more actions. Make sure NOT TO PUT THE EXTENSION such as ".wav" in the config file otherwise, it won't work.

Edited by crasher925

here's how to add sounds starvision!

Thanks for the info, but I've actually got sounds sorted out using the firespitter plugin now. The car already has custom sounds and hopefully tonight several other ships will too.

Starvision would do a better job of the Phoenix in my opinion, from your test models you really don't know how to model.

I'm planning on doing the phoenix, but first I'm going to do the Enterprise D bridge...

Good News!

Boogaman has very kindly offered me his Enterprise IVA and is letting me incorporate it into my Enterprise mesh. I should update it soon-ish with the excellent IVA and new bridge sounds!

Here are some pictures that Boogaman posted.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Thanks for the info, but I've actually got sounds sorted out using the firespitter plugin now. The car already has custom sounds and hopefully tonight several other ships will too.

I'm planning on doing the phoenix, but first I'm going to do the Enterprise D bridge...

Good News!

Boogaman has very kindly offered me his Enterprise IVA and is letting me incorporate it into my Enterprise mesh. I should update it soon-ish with the excellent IVA and new bridge sounds!

Here are some pictures that Boogaman posted.

I am willing to team up with you on the developement of the pheonix if you would like i am learning to model through this mod so i would be honered :)

I am willing to team up with you on the developement of the pheonix if you would like i am learning to model through this mod so i would be honered :)

No offense or anything, but I think you should try something easier. When I started I made a horrible model of the enterprise, but it was easy because it was just basic shapes like cylinders and domes. The phoenix on the other hand is filled with little details and I'm not so sure about it myself. Anyways, that's just my opinion, and feel free to go ahead with the phoenix if you want, I wont complain. And also, I generally just work better alone. Of course the IVA that Boogaman donated is a different situation, as he basically handed me an almost finished product.

Here's the current status. I think It's ready for release.

I've added Boogaman's IVA properly, fixed some problems with the original ship, added sound, and integrated it into the tech tree+added science experiments (see below). The Enterprise can be unlocked at the very end of the rocketry path, under "Experimental Rocketry" and costs 1000 science. This node is hardcoded for mods and cannot be altered.

Here's a nice album showcasing the Enterprise in the (probably) final release state.

I'm going to be that guy, but would you ever consider doing anything like the MKII or MKVII BSG Vipers? I've seen some made before and then they were discontinued for some reason

I'll definetly consider it......

after I start the show.

I've been meaning to watch it at some point, but I've been fairly busy lately. I just have too many shows and things I'm already doing to start another one. Maybe someday.

Release

I've been stripped of my free time the past couple days so I never got to release the mod, even though it was finished. But anyways, It's released now.

New stuff:

-IVA (courtesy of Boogaman)

-Sound (courtesy of the Firespitter plugin)

-Tech Tree integration (In the experimental rocketry node)

-Science! (complete experiments with full descriptions)

I'll try and get a video up sometime soon showcasing the features.

mod3.png

I use KW rocketry, so I've already got it to that point. I needed about 5000 science to max out the tech tree, which I did.

:D

Apparently the enterprise can handle a 100 m/s crash landing on Moho. Hehe.

I also reccommend some sort of powerful RCS for impulse engines, because it's hard to not go to warp at low throttle. :P and perhaps some turning RCS or better reaction wheels, because it turns a tad bit slow.

I felt bad because I felt like I was cheating. But who cares when

TYtzxQi.jpg

Fmzczsi.jpg

I use KW rocketry, so I've already got it to that point. I needed about 5000 science to max out the tech tree, which I did.

:D

Apparently the enterprise can handle a 100 m/s crash landing on Moho. Hehe.

I also reccommend some sort of powerful RCS for impulse engines, because it's hard to not go to warp at low throttle. :P and perhaps some turning RCS or better reaction wheels, because it turns a tad bit slow.

I felt bad because I felt like I was cheating. But who cares when

About the Turning speed, it is a 300m long ship. It's not supposed to be able to turn fast.

And on the topic of impulse and RCS, I could see that happening. I'll add it in next time it's updated.

now ze phoenix!

Hold It! I'm going to finally finish the overdue Enterprise D IVA first, and touch up the model a bit.

Those all look amazing; great work! Is it possible we might get an NX-class (as in NX-01 Enterprise) somewhere down the line? Also, what mod did you use to get the Jupiter-looking Jool in the OP?

I'll do an NX-01 after I watch/start the show, so not really soon. I hope to make one eventually though.

I used Universe Replacer. It should be within the first few pages of the Release section.

Progress

I should have the Tardis updated soon with it's signature sound.

Does that mean it will be able to dematerialize?!?! :D

Not quite :)

I felt like more people wanted the phoenix than the Enterprise D bridge so I've started on that. Also whenever I looked at the Enterprise model it just made me want to change so many things, so that will have to wait.

I've split the ship into 6 parts:

• Nosecone (Parachute)
  • Cockpit
  • Decoupler
  • Warp Drive+Nacelles
  • Fuel Tank
  • Engine

Getting the animations set up was a bit frustrating as I've never done anything like them before, but I still managed to prevail. Here's a short album of the ship in it's current state. I still have to add RCS, model the internal, add the airlock+ladder, and texture everything, which includes learning how to do an emissive for the engine and possibly the nacelles.

You going to make its launcher?

The Phoenix was a modified Titan missile. Just use FASA launcher parts instead of insisting someone duplicate existing efforts. A little imagination goes a long way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.