[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.21 Discussion thread

blspblackdeath

I have a question. After reading this:

SQUAD has announced KSP 0.21 has entered QA testing!

New Milestone Reached! Squad is proud to announce that Patch 0.21 officially ends development and enters the Quality Assurance Phase!

I noticed that Quality Assurance Phase could be abbreviated into QAP. This lead me to wonder if they have a specific person to do this, a Quality Assurance Kerbal if you will. If so, would he be known as a QuAK?

waa waa....

All I care about is that my bases and space stations remain intact, or else I would have to set up rescue missions and rebuild them (which I don't actually mind that much, I just treat it as if a time-space quake just happened)

Could a relatively intelligent person elaborate here?

My brother believes that SQUAD had ceased development on KSP FOREVER and is now just doing bug fixes. Anyone want to prove him wrong?

My "proof" so to speak:

"New Milestone Reached! Squad is proud to announce that Patch 0.21 officially ends development and enters the Quality Assurance Phase!"

[Patch 0.21 officially ends development and enters the Quality Assurance Phase]

[Patch 0.21 ends development---->enters Quality Assurance Phase]

My brother believes that SQUAD had ceased development on KSP FOREVER and is now just doing bug fixes. Anyone want to prove him wrong?

My "proof" so to speak:

"New Milestone Reached! Squad is proud to announce that Patch 0.21 officially ends development and enters the Quality Assurance Phase!"

This what they do with every new build... .21 .20 .19 ... They work on it. Then at some point it's ready to go to the test team. Test team is them and a bunch of volunteers they recruited from here a few months back. They find bugs. They fix bugs. Once most of the bugs are worked out and they're reasonably sure there isn't something massively wrong... they release it to us.

Then they start on the next one. Your brother is wrong.

My "proof" so to speak:

What? It just means .21 is almost done...

Edited by Clamps

just please please please please I hope one of the testers remember that the Hitchhiker is supposed to have an IVA that they FORGOT to add last time

I must admit, I really really want that added. Also I wouldn't stick my nose up at an EVA first person view.

My "proof" so to speak:

N-no, it's just a somewhat badly constructed sentence. .21 is in QA and no features are being added to .21 now. Until we see the release of "1.0" or beta .01, the development and adding of features will not be ending.

My "proof" so to speak:

I'm a bit scared with the level of reading comprehension these days. Not trolling, but what is not clear in that sentence that they are talking about patch 0.21?

From their own new page:

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/50681087617/a-new-system-for-a-new-age

In an effort to improve both the bond with the community as well as increase your knowledge of of the KSP development process, SQUAD is proud to introduce the KSP Development Milestone System.

Through it, the community will be kept informed of every and any development milestone the Dev team hits. You’ll know when development begins on a new patch, when it reaches QA, when the game reaches Experimental phase and finally the instant new versions are released.

So basically 0.21 will go Dev->QA->Experimental->Release and will repeat with 0.22/0.23 and so forth

Wonder what's causing that besides dumb people screwing more and not using protection?

I would make some guesses but they would not be PC. Nobody wants to hear that teaching kids to pass tests is an ineffective way of teaching.

Edited by Clamps

Wonder what's causing that besides dumb people screwing more and not using protection?

I would make some guesses but they would not be PC. Nobody wants to hear that teaching kids to pass tests is an ineffective way of teaching.

that depends on what your goals are in teaching them. If it's to have them pass the test, it's effective (though not as effective as just giving them the answer sheet along with the test, which would still require teaching them to read before the test).

And that is the purpose of schools these days, as they are themselves graded on the percentage of kids that pass the tests, not on what those kids actually know that will help them be productive citizens after leaving school.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.