[0.20.x] Enb Series R2

JebThrillMaster

I've made a performance efficient - no bloom, color correction with my own custom enb palette I just made yesterday in the GTA Alien City.

(/snip)

Seems brighter than normal. Anyone care to point me in the right direction just to bring the contrast and brightness down? I don't really care for all of the FPS killing effects. But a darker game would be more vibrant.

@JebThrillMaster

The plugin you're presenting is out of date or something..

Try this one instead:

http://www.enbdev.com/mod_generic_v0076.htm

It will eliminate the jittering on the loading screen, as well as adding more options.

I will say that DoF is pretty much useless in this game because of the way the planets and Interface is rendered, but everything else on this version will work perfectly.

Working on it.

Been playing with it a bit now, Loving the effect it gives KSP.

I don't normally care much for ENB, I've only ever used it in skyrim. But it really makes KSP look good. Just from messing around with it without the intent of even keeping it I've quickly grown to find the game without ENB is amazingly bland. Downloading R2 now to see how it looks.

Seriously if anybody reads this and is on the fence because ENB usually makes games meh, This is the first time I've ever considered it to be a serious improvement. And that's with using it with GTA 4 and Skyrim and whatnot before. KSP is so bland and you don't really notice it till you get some color.

Anybody bashing this doesn't appreciate the little things.

Edited by Subcidal

the current set up of the enb was painfull to the eyes.truthfully...it took me some time to achieve the visual results i wanted in skyrim so i'll wait to see other peoples configurations.the bloom was too much and even though it felt kind of more realistic the lighting was too extreme in some cases.

no issues though for me.it worked perfectly.only one thing:i couldnt get screenshots.

current setup:windows 7 proffesional 64,16 gb ram,intel core i7 3930k @3.20 GHz,amd radeon HD 7900 4095 Mb

ENB are always tricky to configure, and this one is still wip. But if you have a beast of a computer and want to custom your graphics, this will be a must-have (especially when we'll get 64x ksp :/ )

There no too much to configure. And you not need beast for it, with ksp there only simple bloom and some colorcolorection wich is almost free in terms of perfomance for most GPUs, all other effects will not work(at all or incorrect) without adjust dll for ksp by ENB autor(It's not meant topic starter). It only use gpu and video memory, so no any advantage form 64x(why all continue to mention this 64x everywere like it's something magically significant increase performance of everything)

It isn't. And he is correct, it does nothing apart from very computationally cheap bloom and completely free gamma/brightness/contrast filter. Pretty pointless.

All other shiny things you're familiar with from Skyrim or GTA ENB won't work here. Proper color grading won't be available as KSP is not using HDR, SSAO is not available because KSP is using pretty complicated scene setup that renders depth-based filter useless, and so on.

Edited by bac9

It isn't magic I assume you mean? Having a 64x system will make loading up a bunch of mods a lot smoother. That's the main thing everybody's having problems with and why it keeps coming up all over the forums. Obviously it won't help the game itself. Just the memory limit that's starting to become a brick wall for people using a lot of mods.

64x would fix like 92% of my crashes.

64x would fix like 92% of my crashes.

Same for me. It's a modder game after all.

About the ENB, I talked about the future. I KNOW there is not a lot of functionnality right now, and that it will never be like skyrim xD (who would want that anyway?)

Jeez... It's the first time I see so much bashing on a mod (wich has been released 2 days ago btw). We used to be nice to each other...

Edited by Initar

Jeez... It's the first time I see so much bashing on a mod (wich has been released 2 days ago btw). We used to be nice to each other...
To be fair, the last time someone released the ENB "mod" for KSP, there was a **** storm that followed it as well. Edited by EnragedPlatypus

I loved it. There's a hit in the perfomance of course, but works well for me since I have been playing with smaller bases and ships. Thank you!

Off-topic: So a 64 bit version of KSP is planned? That would be the dream!

Same for me. It's a modder game after all.

About the ENB, I talked about the future. I KNOW there is not a lot of functionnality right now, and that it will never be like skyrim xD (who would want that anyway?)

zzz People who have more than 4gb need's to use 64x if your computer and have 4gb then it's your problem, but in nowday's most of the pc use 8gb and 16gb. That's why we are using 64x but mods make this game crash a lot. That's why we ask favor to game developers to include 64x so the game won't crash so much for us.

zzz People who have more than 4gb need's to use 64x if your computer and have 4gb then it's your problem, but in nowday's most of the pc use 8gb and 16gb. That's why we are using 64x but mods make this game crash a lot. That's why we ask favor to game developers to include 64x so the game won't crash so much for us.

How all this related to perfomance of shaders and post-processing?

Edited by zzz

The overall forum experience is degrading severely because in almost every thread there is a bunch of fourteen year olds* discussing stuff they have no clue about. Like "64x" [sic] or how a shader mod will increase CPU load.

It is cringeworthy. And to stay on topic: ENB: no me gusta.

*(Age guessed from grammar and ductus of said persons).

The overall forum experience is degrading severely because in almost every thread there is a bunch of fourteen year olds* discussing stuff they have no clue about. Like "64x" [sic] or how a shader mod will increase CPU load.

It is cringeworthy. And to stay on topic: ENB: no me gusta.

*(Age guessed from grammar and ductus of said persons).

This post is full of irony. If anythings degrading the forums. It's posts like these.

Thanks for your config and re-upload, I appreciate it. My intent was to see what other people did with it anyway, like what you did here. I didn't really care to do anything else with it after the stupid reactions I got from some people (which were kind of repeated here). This forum is filled with a lot of cynical, close minded people in my opinion.

Edited by PhoenixTheSage

• 1 month later...
yes, if he pretends that they are good.

When I criticize something, it's not because i don't like it. I hate quite a few mods posted here ,I think they are bad quality, or don't make sense, but I don't bash those posts. I criticize when something is objectively bad yet the OP pretends that it is way better than it really is. For example:

it isn't realistic, and it isn't even practical to use

as if you'll ever be able to fix it.

This is what a jerk sounds like.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.