Models changing from building to port

When I added custom wings, I made them non-symmetrical. In game it was obvious one wing was upside-down so I made two wings, one and inverted (upside-down) version of the other so that I could make a symmetrical looking when they were placed opposite of each other.

In build mode this held up fine. One extra step, no big deal. When I would go to the spaceport, however, the inverted wing would switch to the original version, giving me one upside-down wing. I assumed it was because they shared the same .OBJ name, so I switched that up. Same thing. Renamed them within the .OBJ. Got to spaceport, same thing. Change the texture name so they're different, same end result.

It always look right in build mode, the first time. Then whenever I leave build mode (main menu and returning to build mode, spaceport) the new version would use the same model as the old one. Does anyone have any ideas?

XWING.png

See how one wing's upside down?

EDIT: Flying video (unrelated to complaint, related to the work)

Strange, I was having this problem with textures switching to default but after I re-named all involved files, it worked fine.

I'd say check that everything has a different, both file and in the cfg. The mesh, especially.

It's kind of hard to explain why it's doing that, but the wings are asymetrical, so when you put them on opposite sides, they will appear flipped.

Edit: Now I see, yes changing the file name would probably help, but if that doesn't work:

I recommend duplicating & mirroring the wing in your modeling program, and then having the attach point in the middle of that.

:)

I did duplicate and mirror, then export them separately. But when I leave the initial build, the model added second becomes the model I added first. Everything has completely different names. Also, like I said, if you drop them, you can no longer select them and have to delete the piece under them or leave them floating.

I'm going to try to add a completely different model and see if those don't morph into each other.

It did and it did morph, but it's unimportant, because I fixed it. Now to get everything on it UV'd, textured and give it proper collisions. Thanks everyone. Hopefully you can look forward to a new addon coming soonish.

(For future reference, it's rather important you change the name in the general parameters, also. :P)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.