Attachment surface only connecting at centre

c9x.png

ht4r.png

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.45, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

As you can see in the KSP image the part is attaching at the centre with srf attach, and I'm not sure why.

Any pointers what I've done wrong?

node_attach needs to be set to something like -0.2, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0 for it to be offset onto the side of the object. Otherwise it's attaching on the pivot point, which is the point where all the arrows come from in the first picture.

But I don't want it offset, I only want the surface attachment, which, if I am not mistaken, doesn't need an offset as it should work from every side. The other node attach is for the rear and I haven't bothered implementing yet.

They are 3 different missiles for my weapons pack (including a re-jigged Sparrow missile), the one used as the example is meant to be probe-pilotable and I'll include a mechjeb integration line in there to, it's more an anti-capital ship torpedo that one. However now all three are clipping into the attaching surface rather than standing off, as the sparrow used to do until now. I assume I have missed something obvious but I can't find it for the life of me!

Edit: They will occasionally explode when impacting things on firing so there is definitely a collision mesh there.

But I don't want it offset, I only want the surface attachment, which, if I am not mistaken, doesn't need an offset as it should work from every side. The other node attach is for the rear and I haven't bothered implementing yet.

Orbitus is right. The node attach is the point you are placing the object from. It does not need to work from every side because when you are placing the object you are just choosing where to place its single surface attach point.

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.