[Request] Stock-like models/textures - payload fairings; fuel dump; modular SRB

Three requests:

First, I use FAR. As such, payload fairings are basically mandatory. Unfortunately, the KW rocketry ones don't blend well with stock textures. Could someone do a stock-like retexture of them? (Actually, unfortunately KW rocketry prohibits redistribution. As such, although a retexture would be nice (I could contact Winston and ask for permission to redistribute), I would also appreciate a payload fairing model.)

Second, as I use FAR, most of my spaceplanes can't really land with a full fuel load. As such, I've been using a modified Linear RCS port as a impromptu fuel dump (ModuleEngines; Isp 10; Thrust 1; fiddled with numbers to make it use some electricity as well (for the fuel pump)). I would appreciate a stock-like texture/model. (Something along the lines of this, just the nozzle.)

Finally, I've been working on a plugin for a basic modular SRB. As such, models/textures for a stock-like SRB nozzle, center section, and top would be appreciated. (Picture chopping the stock large SRB into quarters - nozzle, center x2, and top.)

Do you know how to bring said models into the game (unity exc)? if so; I'd be interested in working with you. I am already casually working with someone on SRB's, so there is a chance the projects would be mutually exclusive, however I'd be interested to try out the fairings, and a fuel dump would be very quick and easy to model up.

more about me:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37302-Just-Starting-Out-Seeking-collaborators-tips-tricks-and-misc-info

But... the KW Rocketry fairings look awesome! D:

You just gotta use them with the rest of the parts from the pack.

I can't imagine playing KSP without my KW Rocketry lifters. :)

They're made to look cool with their respective fuel tanks and engines, not with the stock ones.

They're made to look cool with their respective fuel tanks and engines, not with the stock ones.

That's the problem. I don't know about The Lone Wolfling, but I don't want to use part mods if I can avoid it, and KW Rocketry's fuel tanks and engines are definitely avoidable. Payload fairings, not so much.

Do you know how to bring said models into the game (unity exc)?

Vaguely, and anything I don't know I'd be willing to learn. (I managed to get a cube into the game. Beyond that, haven't tried.)

if so; I'd be interested in working with you.

:D

I am already casually working with someone on SRB's, so there is a chance the projects would be mutually exclusive, however I'd be interested to try out the fairings, and a fuel dump would be very quick and easy to model up.

As I said, any help would be appreciated.

Looks good - not particularly stock-like currently, but that could change with texturing. (I do like the arrow toward space, though.)

But... the KW Rocketry fairings look awesome! D:

You just gotta use them with the rest of the parts from the pack.

I can't imagine playing KSP without my KW Rocketry lifters. :)

Yes, but when you want to play as close to stock as possible, with FAR, you need fairings, and there aren't any ones that look good with stock currently.

That's the problem. I don't know about The Lone Wolfling, but I don't want to use part mods if I can avoid it, and KW Rocketry's fuel tanks and engines are definitely avoidable. Payload fairings, not so much.

i.e. This.

I've already made a plugin that can dump fuel:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25823

I've seen and played with TAC before. Great mod, and it can dump fuel now? News to me - The older versions couldn't (or at least I didn't see how). Also, I'd really prefer a part to dump fuel over just magically "fuel disappears".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.