DROMOMAN - modular arm parts for Infernal Robotics

nothke

Given that IR is apparently broken in .23.5, does this mod still work? I'm assuming not. I just came across it and really want it for my Duna program.

Edited by Dkmdlb

that's because they all use Infernal Robotics as a base and that isn't working yet. but the people running that mod are working on it. lots of issues to resolve, since the last patch changed some stuff with how parts attach to each other. last i saw, they had phantom forces appearing whenever you moved a part. they had a video of a hinge on a pod, and nothing else. they move the hinge and the whole pod goes flying.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the axis numbers need changed from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0, but nobody has simply just posted the exact changes. Someone needs to build some test ships with each movable DROMOMAN part and fiddle with the cfg until it works, and make notes of the changes... then post them all in this thread.

still wish that he would update this with these...

that looks like the models (and meshes) are done so all they need is importing... i don't know why people don't just, if they don't have time, hand them out as open source and say "hey do what you will but you know, say you got the models from me" but then again i'd wouldn't want that so meh.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering that nobody noted the Infernal Robotics (0.15) compatibility changes that have to be made on this parts.

Source

Dromoman's (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37680-DROMOMAN-modular-arm-parts-for-Damned-Infernal-Robotics) parts require CFG edits in order for them to work. Note the two "}" at the end. Those are required. Edit the three parts that have name = MuMechServo in the CFG and you will be good to go (hint. it's arm_linrothub, arm_radrothub, arm_rotact)
PART

{

// --- general parameters ---

name = DROMOMAN_rotact

module = Part

author = r4m0n (code) || Nothke (model)

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = cylinder.DAE

scale = 1.0

rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---

//node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.13, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.13, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---

cost = 50

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = DROMOMAN Rotact

manufacturer = K-Robotics

description = A simple rotary actuator in an octogonal casing with almost enough power to run a hairdryer.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.03

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.2

minimum_drag = 0.2

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 15

maxTemp = 3000

breakingForce = 999

breakingTorque = 999

// toggle parameters

MODULE

{

name = MuMechToggle

rotateJoint = True

rotateAxis = 0, -1, 0

keyRotateSpeed = 5.0

rotateLimits = False

jointSpring = 0

jointDamping = 0

onActivate = False

rotateKey = left

revRotateKey = right

fixedMesh = rotabase

servoName = Rotact

}

}

• 2 weeks later...
Good job! :)

Man, I've been struggling editing the cfg files to get it to work! I edited all the arm rotary hubs so that they'd even show up in the tech tree, then added a quick patch from the demo file on the last page here. Everything works except the radial hub does not rotate in the correct axis. :/ I've been hacking away at this and I don't really know what I'm doing, I might just investigate to see if theres another part that can do it.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you help me please? I installed the mod, and I have IR, but can't find the rotact part. Please help.

Edit: Solved! I changed the name of part file with only "rotact" from "arm_rotact", and I edit the part.cfg file;

PART

{

// --- general parameters ---

name = DROMOMAN_rotact

module = Part <-------(here was another thing, I wrote "Part" here)

author = r4m0n (code) || Nothke (model)

NOTE: I still can't control form IR tab. Please help :( Can't find Damned Robotics pack for 0.23.5

Edited by TYRT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TYRT, montyben101, bigdad84,

If I could, I would release a ModuleManager patch to make these work for all of you, but you can fix them yourselves. Follow sirkut's instructions here.

I realize that post is buried, but sirkut links to it from the first post in the IR thread and johnwayne1930 linked to not even 10 posts back. In other words, please remember to read the first post of each thread and a few pages back.

I've tested all the parts and those edits still work for with IR 0.18.4, but none of us can release the patched part configs without nothke's permission.

TYRT, montyben101, bigdad84,

If I could, I would release a ModuleManager patch to make these work for all of you, but you can fix them yourselves. Follow sirkut's instructions here.

I realize that post is buried, but sirkut links to it from the first post in the IR thread and johnwayne1930 linked to not even 10 posts back. In other words, please remember to read the first post of each thread and a few pages back.

I've tested all the parts and those edits still work for with IR 0.18.4, but none of us can release the patched part configs without nothke's permission.

I've tried that, but the parts aren't showing in the R&D still

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.