DROMOMAN - modular arm parts for Infernal Robotics

nothke

I've tried that, but the parts aren't showing in the R&D still

You just need to add some lines in the config to make them work with R&D

TechRequired = actuators

Add that under editor parameters tab in the config to all the parts that are missing and they should show up :)

Iv been having a few issues with this mod. I did the CFG edit and that worked fine. couldnt find the magnetic end (just downloaded KAS) but my biggest issue now is that the servos arent there. i can build the arm but the controls are missing. what am i doing wrong here?

Dsnydmiller,

Welcome to the forums! This mod doesn't provide a magnetic end. AFAIK, only KAS and the IR Rework do.

As for the servos not showing up, please read the last 10 or so posts. You'll find the fixes described there.

i found the kas winch but im still having issues with the ir servos. Only one of the modules shows up in the ir tool bar. ill continue to look at it to see if i can get it working though

• 1 month later...
Is this mod dead?
I'm gonna ask the same question.

This is still functional, you just have to do some adjustments.

See Post #192 for compatibility with newer version of InfernalRobotics and #201 for TechTree integration.

I still use them often in KSP 0.25.

*edit

I don't know about the license of this mod, if it's allowed to post a fully updated download.

Edited by johnwayne1930

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just changed the configs of the mumechservo parts as described and everything shows up in game, however the rotohubs and rotact move on the wrong axis (the parts itself rotate in it´s attachment node, not only the part of it that is supposed to). Has anyone a hint for me how to solve this ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi there!

I have repacked the mod to be functional with Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3 and KSP 0.9.

Also, I have added a CC BY-SA 4.0 license to it:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

88x31.png

- You are permitted to use, copy, redistribute contents of this mod as-is

- You may remix your own derivatives of the mod, models or textures, and release them under your own name

- You must credit Nothke, when publishing your derivatives.

- Note that this mod does NOT contain, and the licence does NOT cover requirement plugins (be it Damned Robotics or Infernal Robotics)

Also, I will probably not develop/support this mod anymore, but anyone is free to take over =)

Also, there is an awesome IR model rework that has the same functionality as Dromoman and is actively developed and supported.

Check the OP for more info

Edited by nothke

• 3 months later...
Hi there!

I have repacked the mod to be functional with Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3 and KSP 0.9.

Also, I have added a CC BY-SA 4.0 license to it:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

https://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-sa/4.0/88x31.png

- You are permitted to use, copy, redistribute contents of this mod as-is

- You may remix your own derivatives of the mod, models or textures, and release them under your own name

- You must credit Nothke, when publishing your derivatives.

- Note that this mod does NOT contain, and the licence does NOT cover requirement plugins (be it Damned Robotics or Infernal Robotics)

Also, I will probably not develop/support this mod anymore, but anyone is free to take over =)

Also, there is an awesome IR model rework that has the same functionality as Dromoman and is actively developed and supported.

Check the OP for more info

Any updates planned for latest version?

• 7 months later...

You realize there are half a dozen mods that do something like this (most abandoned, it would seem  though)?

@Stone Blue you could try RKE_Kanadarm, I have it load just fine in my 1.0.5; requires Infernal Robotics to work. Not to be confused with the Canadarm mod, which I had some issues with.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, I've seen you in this position before...like a lot. I spend a lot of time looking through old mods and you always seem to be the last kerbonaut at the finish line as it were (not trying to be cheeky, honest:)). One thing that helped me a lot was learning about the Kerbal Stuff torrent.

Hope that helps some.

So some preliminary testing would suggest that this mod is still compatible with 1.0.5, after a fashion. However, currently the parts have no Tech Requirement or Entry Cost making them a problem for Career games. I wrote an (untested) MM patch, down below. I also included the Cost field, in case you want to edit that to something more appropriate as well (all parts are currently already set to 50 in their respective configs). I've only tooled around with it in the VAB; all parts rotated successfully, as expected.

After playing with it for a bit, I decided to check my log before giving it a clean bill of health. It turns out, it may throw a rare "KeyNotFoundException" which I included below for the curious. Not sure what it means, something about Vertices, might be completely normal, and only happened 3 times (out of 300 entries) within 15minutes of play with no discernible effects ingame.

Also, the pictures seem to indicate it includes an end effector. It does not. It only includes some rotator hubs, a static hub, and some arm pieces.

Cheers.

The untested patch, if you want it still, public domain, not liable, change fields accordingly to taste.

Spoiler

@PART[DROMOMAN*]
{
@TechRequired = start
@entryCost = 0
@cost = 50
}

The Exception:  

Spoiler

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Part,RUI.Algorithms.Vertex`1[Part]].get_Item (.Part key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RUI.Algorithms.ComponentListMaker.UpdatePartVertex (Boolean residual, .Part part, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 lookup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RUI.Algorithms.ComponentListMaker.GetStackFlowGraph (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EngineersReport.RunTests () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EngineersReport+��.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.