DROMOMAN - modular arm parts for Infernal Robotics

nothke

I've noticed that too on occasion. It appears to me that the arms are loading in the odd positions because when you left them to go do something else they were straining under a load. When you return the under load piece assumes it's strained position when you left, but the piece it is connected to assumes it's normal position and the resulting joint is bent.

thats what i thought it was but if their being used on the ground, (constantly under strain from gravity and thus going in that direction) and ill eventually have to save/do something else. i was just trying to figure whats causing it (code wise) and fix it.

I love this mod, you cold put the DM inside your mod, because DM is not 21.1 yet!

I don't think it is nice, because it is not my work and I want to pay respect to the author for giving us this amazing plugin.

I don't think it is nice, because it is not my work and I want to pay respect to the author for giving us this amazing plugin.

Feel free to link Infernal Robotics if it would help any for the plugin portion of it. I don't mind.

Hey Nothke. Just wanted to give my approval, but also to ask how come you've got your parts in separate folders. If you kept them together you could save a few megabytes of memory by referencing just one texture.

I didn't know it was possible. How can I reference one texture from multiple models? They are all connected to the model and all models need to be model.mu so I can't put them together (??)

I didn't know it was possible. How can I reference one texture from multiple models? They are all connected to the model and all models need to be model.mu so I can't put them together (??)

I think he's referring to this thread on referencing images.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34013-0-20-PartTools-GameDatabase-and-new-features

I don't know how you go about doing it, but your models already reference the same texture files, it's just that they've been copied across multiple directories. Furthermore your .mu and .cfg files don't need to be called "model" and "part" respectively; they can have unique names. You just need to reference the right .mu file in the cfg I think. Have a look at some of the B9 Aerospace parts for example. Quite a few of the parts use the same texture and even the same model, but you've got unique configs with differing properties all in one folder.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

BTW, the mod works with infernal robotics mod too, and it's 0.21 compatible. It even has a speed selector just next to controls, something I requested long time ago. The only bug I found is that the base models sometimes move from the original position after loading, but it's only a graphical bug.

I've managed to make a no-RCS berthing to the station using the DROMOMAN, similarly to the HTV/Dragon docking. I had to approach to the station dangerously close to be in range of the arm, and then to come to a full stop. Stressing, but I've managed it:

p4pX9um.jpg

F8PcQg3.jpg

5Ina0NL.jpg

9X4lVl1.jpg

4XGg0GJ.jpg

GMbtyXu.jpg

IO3EdMI.jpg

I've managed to make a no-RCS berthing to the station using the DROMOMAN, similarly to the HTV/Dragon docking. I had to approach to the station dangerously close to be in range of the arm, and then to come to a full stop. Stressing, but I've managed it:

I've used a grappling hook like a harppon that lets me stay further out from the station. Could also use a Kerbal to EVA and attach the kas.

Hello and thank you for this mod!

I currently have a problem with this mod. When I create my robotic arm in the VAB everything looks good. Once on the launch pad, the menu shows me only one of the group previously create and I am unable to use every part of my arm independently.

I may be doing something wrong?

Someone has an idea?

Heres two screenshots :

1376504682-2013-08-14-00002.jpg

1376504684-2013-08-14-00001.jpg

Hello and thank you for this mod!

I currently have a problem with this mod. When I create my robotic arm in the VAB everything looks good. Once on the launch pad, the menu shows me only one of the group previously create and I am unable to use every part of my arm independently.

I may be doing something wrong?

Someone has an idea?

Heres two screenshots :

1376504682-2013-08-14-00002.jpg

1376504684-2013-08-14-00001.jpg

Your group names must be unique. Another option is to download the infernal robotics dll and use that instead of the old damned robotics. The new dll will auto increment the groups for you so you don't pull your hair out.

I just wanted to post my appreciation here. It may just be the weight of the objects I was moving, but this is the first robotic arm I've used that didn't result in a bunch of physics rubberbanding that ultimately tears the ship apart. And I think using the KAS winch as an effector might actually be working in the mods favor. It's certainly more adaptable that way.

Regardless, thanks nothke. :D

Cool, we need to wait for the DR plugin to get working again, though :)

Do you have its author's permission? Do you think you need to post the source code, as this will (may (should)) require a plugin? Just saying :)

Do you have its author's permission? Do you think you need to post the source code, as this will (may (should)) require a plugin? Just saying :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37707-0-21-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-7

I got permission and made a new fork of the plugin called infernal robotics that will replace the old damned robotics. There is even a link in the original post of DR with a link to our project. Ours has custom speed control and some other features and they work great with this arm pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.