[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Another update. I'm currently testing infernal robotic parts I only have a few trouble maker parts to debug (Piston, Industrial Hinge, docking washer free (I'm not worrying about this right now). Everything else appears to behave correctly so far! Rejoice! When I get home after work I'll package up a BETA release for everyone to mess with. As with a beta release, there may still be problems and this is where it's going to get fun. I'll repeat this again when I post the beta but I'm going to need very specific issues you may encounter. That means supplying me with a craft file (preferably without mods if possible this cuts down on my load times) and a brief explanation as to what the issue is.

I went ahead and started testing nothke's wonderful Dromoman parts. Parts work with a minor axis change within the CFG except there is an issue that I need to resolve when connecting more than one dromoman part with each other. Interactions between dromoman parts and infernal robotic parts opens up a new issue that I need to explore.

Sirkut, I don't often post on the forum, (im more of a reader) but i feel like i need to post a thank you. More than the fact that this is an amazing mod, or more than it should be a part of the stock game... I want to say thank you for spending your time in not only working meticulously on this, but informing the community regularly on what problems you're facing and which ones you've resolved. With not trying to sound too... um.... stalker-ish?... I bet in person your probably a real great individual and I know its just a mod, but to some of us, the time invested, means so much more. I guess all I'm trying to say is "thank you." Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Keep up the amazing work.

Sirkut, I don't often post on the forum, (im more of a reader) but i feel like i need to post a thank you. More than the fact that this is an amazing mod, or more than it should be a part of the stock game... I want to say thank you for spending your time in not only working meticulously on this, but informing the community regularly on what problems you're facing and which ones you've resolved. With not trying to sound too... um.... stalker-ish?... I bet in person your probably a real great individual and I know its just a mod, but to some of us, the time invested, means so much more. I guess all I'm trying to say is "thank you." Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Keep up the amazing work.

I appreciate the kind words. Thanks goes out to each and every one of you for what you guys/gals have said. Ironically this bug has caused me to be interested in the game again. I took a small break (still am technically) due to some personal issues, work, life, etc. I'm now sneaking what time I can to get this working again for everyone. I just hate for something to be broken and abandoned. Anyway, back to work! And thanks again guys.

I appreciate the kind words. Thanks goes out to each and every one of you for what you guys/gals have said. Ironically this bug has caused me to be interested in the game again. I took a small break (still am technically) due to some personal issues, work, life, etc. I'm now sneaking what time I can to get this working again for everyone. I just hate for something to be broken and abandoned. Anyway, back to work! And thanks again guys.

sometimes you just need that little 'something'. :wink: <3

Totally agree with this. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Looking forward to having useful moving parts again.

It's nearing the end. I'm having some issues with the free moving docking washers which I will not keep as a show stopper in releasing the update hopefully today. I do have one issue with the Pistons (not the telescoping pistons) as well as the industrial hinge but everything else appears to be functioning fine. Figured I would share the good news.

Good to hear...err read! :)

I started playing the ARM pack in a new career mode and have yet to unlock the grabber. I noticed i had a small (class b I think) asteroid coming in to Kerbin so I built something with struts to try and push it off course just enough to make orbit. I used hinges as spacers for the struts, but it's not stable enough so I'm hoping once the hinges work I can use them to spread the force out a bit and maybe get a better contact area on the rock.

Luckily I've had other things out side of KSP to keep me busy while we wait for the fix, so no rush. These things take time. :)

I'm now sneaking what time I can to get this working again for everyone. ... Anyway, back to work! And thanks again guys.

Do you happen to have any plans for a continuous build, or even just pushing to github more often? Looks like the last commit was 9 months ago (https://github.com/sirkut/InfernalRobotics), but you're obviously doing stuff now. :-) Side note... Before the ARM patch, the KAS and Infernal Robotics mods are what kept me playing KSP!

Good to hear. Designing space stations without the use of IR parts is getting troublesome for me, and I eagerly await release of the beta package. Thanks for the hard work you've put into the original parts, and the retooling necessary to make them work again.

I only have a few trouble maker parts to debug (Piston, Industrial Hinge, docking washer free (I'm not worrying about this right now).

Does this mean I won't be able to make my inflatable centrifuge spinny and awesome for a while? or am I thinking of the wrong part...

I stopped using GitHub but have been posting source and zip of parts/dll fr some time. I'm pretty crappy using it and don't have a whole lot of time figuring it out at the moment.

As for spinning thing if you are using the non motorized docking washer then yes it won't be working UNLESS I figure it out tonight. I will be looking at it after I post the beta pack.

"Kerbobots"... Transform!

http://youtu.be/Tp6yj2k0Fpc

I saw this one awhile back. I think this one is on my list of top 10, maybe even top 5 videos I like. That KAS/IR rover is a pretty cool idea. :) Also "...the crew load up the 2nd Orion with empty beer bottles..." best caption ever. :)

And here I thought my Duna Express mission was complicated...

Truly epic.. I love the little, very well thought-out (and likely tested to death) details of the crafts. The interlocking kethane mining modules, still balanced enough that the main craft flew straight. The 3-man rover, with the funny external seat. Even down to the 2-stage parachutes on the return capsule, dropping off the 3-man pod first, then rotating to open the 'chutes for the 3 1-man pods... LOVE IT!

But enough about the past. Lets focus on the future. I know we are all eager to test out our new stuff but please think of the hard working developer who is currently maintaining this mod alive. That is the current challenge and the real hard work. "Don't forget to donate".

Hopefully we will all be back in business soon. Lets just not forget the merits of others before us.

But enough about the past. Lets focus on the future. I know we are all eager to test out our new stuff but please think of the hard working developer who is currently maintaining this mod alive. That is the current challenge and the real hard work. "Don't forget to donate".

Hopefully we will all be back in business soon. Lets just not forget the merits of others before us.

Here Here! I need to stop playing so much and learn C# so I can contribute more.

I am so excited for the Beta release tonight, hopefully that is! I love this mod so much and have been checking in every single day to get it as soon as it's updated! Hats off to the maker of this mod, amazing work you have done here!! :-)

That video when I first saw it floored me on the ingenuity. One if my personal favorites. Once I get settled at home I'll be packaging up what I have so far plus source if anyone would like to contribute. One crappy bug I noticed is if you stack multiple tall hinges on each other, they share the same rotational origin where they look like they are floating so that will require some extra work. :/

Once it's released I'm going to look at taniwha's code again, do a quick fix for what I have and give that a quick test. Fun fun!