[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

haven't a clue what to do with that latest version. I tried downloading it and extracting the infernal robotics master folder to gamedata - nothing

so i tried the infernal robotics folder inside that, still nothing.

finally tried the final infernal robotics inside that folder with the .cs files inside, still nothing

maybe I'm missing something obvious but having installed dozens of mods in the past i've never run into these problems before

Just to verify, 0.14 stable is .14b tentative? or was there another release?

Download it again. this one is more recent than 0.14b. It's stable enough to use at will. There is however a docking bug when docking 2 crafts with their own respective robotic parts.

I am getting some docking issues while using WarpPlugin parts. After undocking (claw) the hinges and pistons stop translating properly.

POijj4y.jpg

As I continue trying to move them unknown torque starts applying to the craft, warping the body and legs.

ZORVcNk.jpg

I can't seem to duplicate readily with stock parts, but it happens every time when I try to dock my shiny new antimatter rover to the old one. The old one just had a girder arm. No IR Parts, so no servo name issues there. The claw is docking to the AM tank, don't know if that is a factor.

Here is my antimatter rover (Fuel Rover 5): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K2XVlOvk62OTkxbi1aR19HTXM/edit?usp=sharing

I'm pretty sure that it only uses WarpPlugin, KAS, and IR (*EDIT and maybe a KW Rocketry battery), though I have a boatload of others installed.

Edited by Atrius129

haven't a clue what to do with that latest version. I tried downloading it and extracting the infernal robotics master folder to gamedata - nothing

so i tried the infernal robotics folder inside that, still nothing.

finally tried the final infernal robotics inside that folder with the .cs files inside, still nothing

maybe I'm missing something obvious but having installed dozens of mods in the past i've never run into these problems before

You are certainly missing something. The OP has the link: https://www./?brfuy7bn6xx09nl

The other is the link to the source code (if it said anything about master).

Redownload that link instead. It contains GameData/000_toolbar and GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries.

Drat. If there weren't licensing restrictions I would write a utility that would parse a craft file and pull all the files necessary to load just that craft. Some issues implementing it as well but one can dream right?

I've written a script that does exactly that, but as you say licensing issues have stopped me releasing it. I could share the script privately, and the parts could be shared privately, just for the purpose of this test. Then after running tests if you both delete the script and the bundled zip I'm sure that would be ok. Let me know if you want it. I'm having net issues currently so it might have to wait till tomorrow before I could upload it if wanted.

You are certainly missing something. The OP has the link: https://www./?brfuy7bn6xx09nl

The other is the link to the source code (if it said anything about master).

Redownload that link instead. It contains GameData/000_toolbar and GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries.

Thanks Sirkut, not quite sure how I managed to get that mixed up.

Drat. If there weren't licensing restrictions I would write a utility that would parse a craft file and pull all the files necessary to load just that craft. Some issues implementing it as well but one can dream right?

I've been working on a .craft file parser to help me set action groups in a less tedious fashion than the game currently supports. Is that kind of thing verboten?

I've been working on a .craft file parser to help me set action groups in a less tedious fashion than the game currently supports. Is that kind of thing verboten?

Doubt it. The only thing that is a no-no is distributing other people's mods without their permission. That's the hangup with what I am talking about doing.

Doubt it. The only thing that is a no-no is distributing other people's mods without their permission. That's the hangup with what I am talking about doing.

Oh thanks goodness, I was sweating for the last 5 minutes. I hope you're not sick of hearing it, but for(1..Infinity){println("Thanks!")} for your efforts working on this mod. I went out of town the day of the update and was going to be gone for only a couple days; I can't play on this crap laptop I'm using and decided not to bother going back home to my gaming rig until you've had time to fix it, since I have no other real reason to return home :) My parents are thrilled to have me visit this long and my mom would say take your time!

Download it again. this one is more recent than 0.14b. It's stable enough to use at will. There is however a docking bug when docking 2 crafts with their own respective robotic parts.

Will do, and good to know!

I am getting some docking issues while using WarpPlugin parts. After undocking (claw) the hinges and pistons stop translating properly.

http://i.imgur.com/POijj4y.jpg

As I continue trying to move them unknown torque starts applying to the craft, warping the body and legs.

http://i.imgur.com/ZORVcNk.jpg

I can't seem to duplicate readily with stock parts, but it happens every time when I try to dock my shiny new antimatter rover to the old one. The old one just had a girder arm. No IR Parts, so no servo name issues there. The claw is docking to the AM tank, don't know if that is a factor.

Here is my antimatter rover (Fuel Rover 5): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K2XVlOvk62OTkxbi1aR19HTXM/edit?usp=sharing

I'm pretty sure that it only uses WarpPlugin, KAS, and IR (*EDIT and maybe a KW Rocketry battery), though I have a boatload of others installed.

Thanks for the craft file. I did what you said and I'm not getting that problem. I tried multiple times with 2 of your Fuel Rovers. NOW if I use the _other_ rover and connect I get that problem. Only other thing is both claws were armed.

I've written a script that does exactly that, but as you say licensing issues have stopped me releasing it. I could share the script privately, and the parts could be shared privately, just for the purpose of this test. Then after running tests if you both delete the script and the bundled zip I'm sure that would be ok. Let me know if you want it. I'm having net issues currently so it might have to wait till tomorrow before I could upload it if wanted.

Actually I'd like to see that script. I could use it to minimize my KSP install to just what test crafts I've been using and not load unnecessary parts. Between low parts count & my DevHelper plugin it only takes seconds to test stuff out. :)

Would it be possible to copy crafts out of the save file so they could be edited, then insert them back into the save file? I'd think ones in orbit would be easier than landed ones since rotation wouldn't be much of an issue in orbit VS landed ones needing to be set back down at the location/rotation they were to avoid being krakened.

One very useful use for such a thing would be fixing goofs like wrong way fuel lines or forgetting to have any power source on a stage that's intended to be kept in use. (Done there, been that, fortunately had some spare ports to dock hastily assembled power modules!)

Actually I'd like to see that script. I could use it to minimize my KSP install to just what test crafts I've been using and not load unnecessary parts. Between low parts count & my DevHelper plugin it only takes seconds to test stuff out. :)

That's basically what I use it for, trimming large mod packs down to just the parts I want. I load up a new mod in a fresh install, then use the VAB to pick the parts I want and chuck them together in a (totally ridiculous looking) "craft" and the run the script over it. Makes mod trimming a breeze. I will sent it (and the source) to you via pm.

Would it be possible to copy crafts out of the save file so they could be edited, then insert them back into the save file? I'd think ones in orbit would be easier than landed ones since rotation wouldn't be much of an issue in orbit VS landed ones needing to be set back down at the location/rotation they were to avoid being krakened.

One very useful use for such a thing would be fixing goofs like wrong way fuel lines or forgetting to have any power source on a stage that's intended to be kept in use. (Done there, been that, fortunately had some spare ports to dock hastily assembled power modules!)

My script doesn't look at the craft in save files. You tell it to look 1 or more .craft files and then it looks at your GameData folder and complies a zip of just the parts that/those craft need (and any plugins found along with a part's mod folder, I can't yet determine specific plugin files from looking at craft files).

But what you want to do, chop a craft out, edit and plonk it back in is easy if you use a decent text editor (ie basically anything except notepad). I use VIM (but that's cos I'm a linux coder), but it can be tricky to use at first. But really all you want is an editor that can collapse sections of code, that way you can use the editor to workout where a particular craft ends, rather than manually searching for the end }. Then you can collapse the craft into a single line to make cutting it out easier. Anyway, this is off topic for this thread, but I'd me happy to help you if you pm me.

[bug] inv is still not working

I should not really need it though so I don't know if there is another bug. see my previous post for the images. I have two mw receivers and I want the one on the right to rotate 130 at the base and 90 at the knuckle.

The other side should rotate 60 at the base and -90 at the knuckle. but inv does not work and 90 rotates it the same direction as the right side so I have to click > a bazillion times to rotate the left hinge which I have to now make a separate hinge. (ie cannot use symmetry)

P3E9dOR.jpg

I want the receiver on the left to rotate the other direction at the knuckle so it's facing down and back not up and to the right!

I have tried 0,90 and 0,-90 and 0,90 with the inv box chk and just now tried the trick of pressing the > key and rotating it 180 degrees and not even that works.

WORK-A-ROUND: I just made the two hinges unique and rotated the left one using the q-key

Edited by ctbram

I just wanted to say the last fix not only corrected the hinge re-orientation on leaving and returning to a model. But it fixed the ones I already had in flight. I was afriad I would have to deorbit and send all new ones up.

Just wanted to give some positive feedback. First I really appreciate all your hard work in getting this app working again. I never really realize how much I depended on it until it was gone.

@sirkut

• Thank you for your continued work on fixing and improving IR! I wouln't know what to do without this amazing mod. :D
  • Another test-case with a peculiar symmetry problem:
    Hinge-Test.png
    The bottom right hinge moves in the wrong direction. This only happens in 2x symmetry, the top 4 hinges don't exhibit this behaviour. (This may very well be a problem caused by KSP itself, strange happenings involving symmetry are certainly not restricted to IR.)
    Craft File: IR Hinge Test.craft
  • Do you know that you can do your releases on GitHub as well? (So you can keep everything in one place.)
    Here's a documentation of the feature by GitHub, and here's an example how it actually looks like.