[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

The servo control toolbar is not showing up when I launch. Help!!!!!!

same here. First flight on 0.23.5 and I haven't had time to really go through and figure out why. This same craft worked fine on the pad in 0.23

same here. First flight on 0.23.5 and I haven't had time to really go through and figure out why. This same craft worked fine on the pad in 0.23

I'll keep saying the same thing. I need an output_log.txt file in order to know what is going on.

Don't know if this has been reported yet. Looks like when the CoM changes, the physics make the Docking Washer and the Rotatron relocate as seen in image #1 and 2. Initially it looked like in #3 and 4:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Pumping fuel and Kethane back and forth, drilling, refining and warping while doing so caused that. Also, as you can see the landers are connected with each other with KAS pipes.

I tried searching through this thread for an answer, but I can not find it. After I put in the parts and then program the servos, the servo menu doesn't appear when I attempt to launch the craft, I am using it on the runway. I try to use the toolbar, updated it, but it claims no target if I hit it multiple times and won't appear on launching. I installed it correctly. Please help!

When i press the toolbar button for magic smoke Industries it does nothing any fix?

I'll keep saying the same thing. I need an output_log.txt file in order to know what is going on.

As for now there's a bug with the toolbar. it's being fixed in the new update which is being rewritten and it _might_ break existing installs.

Man this one sounds like a really bugger mate. Hows everything else going ?

It's not a bugger now that I have the PartModule rewrite almost complete. I've taken the awesome work that taniwha has done on porting IR over to the newer PartModule format and fixed a few things here and there where he stopped. Couple of things of note:

1. Toolbar support OPTIONAL... don't like it. delete the toolbar directory

2. Toolbar bug fixed

3. Docking bug almost squashed (only problem right now is putting a docking port on a piston, the translation goes bonkers. Good news is if you keep it at it's original state, save the game, reload. When you undock it shouldn't break the piston's translation).

4. When undocking, Servo control window will resize to fit only the parts on the current vessel.

You could use KAS struts, which are removable by Kerbals on EVA. Downside is you have to get a kerbal to link it all up before you launch, because you can't link the end points in the VAB.

Or I think Quantum Struts could do it? I don't use them, though.

I tried the KAS strut. It was like attaching a rubber band. It did basically nothing.

I don't want to go the explosive strut route, because this vehicle is totally reusable. It lands, unfolds the pad, builds a base, and then takes off to build another base.

Has the "joints warp on reload" bug been fixed yet? Because that's pretty much the only reason I avoid this mod.

Not sure how to test it. Do you have a method to repeat the problem?

I'm not sure if it still works in this version, but in the last one at least if you built some large rover wheels (the giant ones) attached to rotators attached to a big fuel tank, set it up on the runway then F5/F9'd a bunch of times, the joints where the wheels connected to the washers would warp out of alignment.

I'm not sure if it still works in this version, but in the last one at least if you built some large rover wheels (the giant ones) attached to rotators attached to a big fuel tank, set it up on the runway then F5/F9'd a bunch of times, the joints where the wheels connected to the washers would warp out of alignment.

If it was during the initial 0.23.5 testing releases then that should be fixed. So far I haven't heard of any of anything except for one instance that I'm looking at. The next release is a complete rewrite that utilizes PartModule and so far I'm finding it to be more stable.

I'll test it with this update then. Thank you!

Please let's know how it works out. If it doesn't send me the craft file so I can test it with my unreleased version.

As for now there's a bug with the toolbar. it's being fixed in the new update which is being rewritten and it _might_ break existing installs.

Install breaking? That sounds...unfortunate.

Install breaking? That sounds...unfortunate.

well it's changing the CFGs to the newer PartModule format. I haven't tested it yet but I'm throwing caution.

Something goofed. I am curious what the output_log looks like for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you install the toolbar directory that was included? Do you have an output_log file to share?

I did install the toolbar directory. Where is the output_log file located? Sorry I'm pretty new to this, first mod I've had issues with.

Upload it to pastebin or similar if it's small enough, or failing that, just on any file-sharing site like mediafire. Just somwhere where we can see what it contains (hell, if it's realy small enough, copypaste the contents into a post here between

[CODE]

tags.

Was curious if there has been any update on the "sweptor" part. It was mentioned back last august with a video. I just tried to implement some variable geometry wings using the rotation part inside of a cargo bay, but the connection isn't very rigid, so the joint flexes and the wings get bent out of position.

Edit: If y'all have Steam, here are some screenshots of the plane.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255411242

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255411266

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255411324

Edited by Ixonal
added links to screenshots

You guys looking for the detachable struts, what you are looking for is Quantum struts. Works amazingly. I have them around my docking ports and my claws. They will also strut to asteroids. Super useful.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/quantum-strut/

Sirkut, any word on a that that docking fix? My fuel rovers still can't use that arm/claw module.

Now that hinge-springs, hinge-shocks and piston shocks can function in the latest release of KSP, do you think you might be able to add them all? That would be enough to get me to install this.