[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Your mistake was to attach a docking port to a robotic part. It's a shame sirkut removed that issue from the OP, but yeah, it screws up all kinds of parent/child attachments.. basically, don't do it.

Time to add it back in! When I'm not busy of course.

...but yeah, it screws up all kinds of parent/child attachments...

So there's no way to correct those parent/child relationships in the .sfs? ;.;

This sounds like what the "advanced grabbing unit" might be for, or maybe a winch?

So there's no way to correct those parent/child relationships in the .sfs? ;.;

Oh probably, but I don't know how or even where to begin. It'd be complicated, for sure though...

My advice would be to just replace the folding docking port with the Mk2 inline one. Much simpler and would probably require minimal extra dV.

Oh probably, but I don't know how or even where to begin. It'd be complicated, for sure though...

My advice would be to just replace the folding docking port with the Mk2 inline one. Much simpler and would probably require minimal extra dV.

It's a pain because I'm trying to figure out the docking bug myself. :/

He's using Deadly Re-entry and wants to be able to stow the payload inside a cargo bay. Can a port be mounted to the inside side of a SPP cargo bay and another to the side of the cargo to be stowed in the bay?

Not sure whether anyone else has brought this up, and it could be a feature not a bug. I'm using a 90D hinge to extend a ScanSAT antenna. I have the ends set at 0 and 90 and axis inverted. When I issue a move+ through an action group, the hinge does move but when it hits the stop it stays active until I issue another move+. I'm trying to synchronize the antenna with solar panel deployment and that second move+ command means that I can't retract the antenna with the solar panels.

Thanks for your mod and all your help.

but what is tweakscale required for? I don't really like it.

Mainly to reduce clutter in your part list (I did the same for when I had TACLS installed). By having one part in the list that you can then change the size of once it's placed means less functionally-identical-but-just-different-sized parts to scroll past before you get the one you want.

You can delete Tweakscale, of course, but then you're stuck with the one size for all the parts. Or you can delete the other configs for Tweakscale and just keep the ones for IR.

Can a port be mounted to the inside side of a SPP cargo bay and another to the side of the cargo to be stowed in the bay?

You can do that. As long as you avoid moving the docking port using robotics parts, you'll be fine. One way I've worked around this is to move the cargo using a KAS magnet so that the docking ports align. The KAS magnet, unlike the docking port and claw, keeps the two ships separate in the game code, so it avoids the problem entirely.

Not sure whether anyone else has brought this up, and it could be a feature not a bug. I'm using a 90D hinge to extend a ScanSAT antenna. I have the ends set at 0 and 90 and axis inverted. When I issue a move+ through an action group, the hinge does move but when it hits the stop it stays active until I issue another move+. I'm trying to synchronize the antenna with solar panel deployment and that second move+ command means that I can't retract the antenna with the solar panels.

Definitely a known feature/bug. Useful in some cases, though this is the first I've heard of it actually breaking anything. Is there any reason you couldn't issue the second move+ command when you're finished extending the hinge?

Definitely a known feature/bug. Useful in some cases, though this is the first I've heard of it actually breaking anything. Is there any reason you couldn't issue the second move+ command when you're finished extending the hinge?

Yes, I could attach a timer to issue the second command. Was just wondering if I was missing something.

Question about the no robotics part + docking port. Is this just for directly attached docking ports or any part who's chain of attachment to the root node includes a robotics part?

It's not just directly attached ports. Based on experience and what I've surmised about the bug, any pivoting or translating parts between the root part and the port will cause issues.

It's hit or miss. Sometimes I dock, save the game then reload and things are well and other times it's just broken. I'm almost at a safe stopping point with my "IR Arms" mod that I can resume looking at the docking port bug. I just needed a distraction for a while.

It's not just directly attached ports. Based on experience and what I've surmised about the bug, any pivoting or translating parts between the root part and the port will cause issues.

That is very good to know. I think washers in a rocket stack explain some weirdness I experienced a few weeks ago then. Danke.

Your mistake was to attach a docking port to a robotic part. It's a shame sirkut removed that issue from the OP, but yeah, it screws up all kinds of parent/child attachments.. basically, don't do it.
Time to add it back in! When I'm not busy of course.

Please do. I had a station orbiting the moon and i decided to slap a rotating washer on a docking port. Saved, exited back out and when I come back in one of three things happen, either the part is gone and if i try to attach it with kas it krakens up or it blows up. That station is a mess xD

Hey Sirkut, still plugging away here. Awesome work on the robotic arm dev. I'll be looking forward to giving it a try.

Meanwhile, I've been working on my Nasa Athlete rover model.

It occurred to me that now with the in editor positioning working, it might be possible to create movement routines within the ship editor, in a manner similar to the way industrial robots are trained. I haven't thought it through much to be honest, but imagine if you set the robotics to position A and save, then set to position B and save, and within the game you could invoke posA and posB with hotkeys or action groups.

Most robotics make use of canned operations, unlike free manipulator arms.

Something to think about maybe?

WDlexYE.png

Hmm, can i update my 0.16 version with "ZodiusInfuser's Reworked Models" parts to current 0.19.2 version?
I don't understand what you mean.

Sounds like @Fatchicken has ships using a release of ZodiusInfuser's parts that ran with IR 0.16. Will the current version of ZodiusInfuser's parts (or any version compatible with current IR) be compatible with those saved ships?

The Infernal Robotics Model Rework & Expansion works with the Infernal Robotics Parts Pack - v0.19.2

Install Infernal Robotics parts pack first then add Infernal Robotics Model Rework & Expansion, viola. You also might get http://www./download/lsu0cfa0g0xijjw/Robotic_ProbeUnique_FixedParts.zip, fixes some parts so they're base attachments don't swivel the wrong way

Edited by Huntarr
link updated

The Infernal Robotics Model Rework & Expansion works with the Infernal Robotics Parts Pack - v0.19.2

Install Infernal Robotics parts pack first then add Infernal Robotics Model Rework & Expansion, viola. You also might get http://www./download/ls...FixedParts.zip, fixes some parts so they're base attachments don't swivel the wrong way

The link is not working. Is it a fix for the parts switching by 1° each time you go through movement? It's a bit hard for me to construct my satellite currently because of that :)

The link is not working. Is it a fix for the parts switching by 1° each time you go through movement? It's a bit hard for me to construct my satellite currently because of that :)

I'm still working on it and no, the link does not fix the rotation issue while building. The link is a fix for the parts where their origin is messed up.

also, try this link instead: http://www./download/lsu0cfa0g0xijjw/Robotic_ProbeUnique_FixedParts.zip

Edited by sirkut

I'm still working on it and no, the link does not fix the rotation issue while building. The link is a fix for the parts where their origin is messed up.

also, try this link instead: http://www./download/lsu0cfa0g0xijjw/Robotic_ProbeUnique_FixedParts.zip

Thanks sirkut for updating that link. I was trying to cut down on your workload:P

Edit: Updated the prior post link to the new link

Edited by Huntarr
updated link