[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I just wanted to say thank you again Sirkut for taking on this project. You have made major advances in the robotics area of KSP. And thank you also to DEVO and ZodiusInfuser for your devotion in adding and improving this mod. Although this was originally created by another dev. You have given the community what it really wanted and asked for. And then there is the support aspect. You have stayed with this and listened with rapid responses. You guys deserve to have credit where it is due. Great Job!

Thanks for the kind words. I just hope the additions to the plugin like the custom speed have been proven to be useful! I know it has for me personally.

Today I'll be releasing 90 degree variants of the Closed Hinge and the Tall Powered Hinges. The variant of the gantry system will be released for those who don't like editing CFG files as well. Also I will get the masses squared away for ALL the parts. I'm updating the plugin to hopefully support kOS as well as some improvements but my time is pretty limited lately.

Gantry variant, Tall Powered Hinge @ 90 degrees and rotatrons with a bottom node attachment are now available. Masses for each part is now relative to it's size. I abandoned the "closed" hinge at 90 degrees as I didn't like how it performed for now.

ive been away from ksp for a long time no thanks to nerve damage in my hands. i lost the ability to pretty much do nothing worth wild any more. i think the new robotics is pretty awesome. and it makes me smile to see some of my old idea's and designs come alive in the new one's keep up the great work!!!

-videomaji

Edited by videomaji

This mod plus KAS simply make KSP for me and should be incorporated into the game. I rarely build anything without them. Thanks, sirkut, and thanks to previous devs involved!

It would be great if one day the symmetry problem and the issue with the persistent group names could be fixed, but even as it is the mod is highly appreciated.

This mod plus KAS simply make KSP for me and should be incorporated into the game. I rarely build anything without them. Thanks, sirkut, and thanks to previous devs involved!

It would be great if one day the symmetry problem and the issue with the persistent group names could be fixed, but even as it is the mod is highly appreciated.

Thanks but I do have questions. Which symmetry problem would that be? Also what of this persistent group names issue?

.......kOS support in v0.9?!

As in, read and write rotation/translation values?

As in I can I make an IK solver for my cargo arm?

In before fully functional AT-AT replicas.

You read correctly. You'll be able to query a part for it's positional value through kOS. You can also tell a part to move X number of steps. I'm currently working on groupings so you can tell just one group to move. It's a slow process as I've been extremely busy with work lately.

I got group movements to work for rotational robotic parts. Also got it to where you can specify which group you want to actuate so you don't move other groups. I'll have an update tomorrow with possibly a video. It's actually easier than I thought.

Gantry variant, Tall Powered Hinge @ 90 degrees and rotatrons with a bottom node attachment are now available. Masses for each part is now relative to it's size. I abandoned the "closed" hinge at 90 degrees as I didn't like how it performed for now.

Wow! Thanks for the update! I was just about to look at config editing to get this done myself. Thanks for the hard work even while you are so busy.

I just wanted to say thank you again Sirkut for taking on this project. You have made major advances in the robotics area of KSP. And thank you also to DEVO and ZodiusInfuser for your devotion in adding and improving this mod. Although this was originally created by another dev. You have given the community what it really wanted and asked for. And then there is the support aspect. You have stayed with this and listened with rapid responses. You guys deserve to have credit where it is due. Great Job!

I second this completely!

I recall somebody once suggesting that the parts should consume electricity when moving. I feel very strongly that this should be put in, it just feels like.... cheating when I can apply all this force to things at no cost whatsoever...

talgor, it's on my todo list. Is anyone ever happy? :)

I downloaded this last night and I can safely say I'm VERY HAPPY with it. It's awesome. I have quite a bit of experimentation and playing around to fully understand how it all works I think, but it's soooo damn good.

Thank you very much to everyone who has had a hand in this amazing mod. Should definitely be stock at some point, it's just too good. Probably should use some electric I suppose, but meh, whatever.

I GOT ROBOTIC ARMS AND STUFF!!!!

:D

Do you have a video? I'm not sure what you mean.

The wheels just turn around the attachment point. i have tried putting something in-between but same result. It doesn’t show it but happens extended or not.

The wheels just turn around the attachment point. i have tried putting something in-between but same result. It doesn’t show it but happens extended or not.

Never mind. I was able to replicate it. I tried it with beams and I was getting the issue too. I'll experiment more with them. I do know when the smaller probe wheels they behave fine the last time I messed with them.

Never mind. I was able to replicate it. I tried it with beams and I was getting the issue too. I'll experiment more with them. I do know when the smaller probe wheels they behave fine the last time I messed with them.

I have also had this issue. I eventually abandoned my variable stance mobility truck due to these issues.

I have also had this issue. I eventually abandoned my variable stance mobility truck due to these issues.

Ive had this issue also, but i dont know for sure it has anything to do with MSI. I may be wrong. But i tried using 6 stock wheels and they acted the same way without any MSI parts attached. This may be a KSP thing. One way i gained control was turned the motor off of the center ones. Or you can have all the motors on if you use MJ to control the speed.

And it was with those same exact wheels i had problems

I have used the same vehicle without the rails with no issues. This vehicle will be my main mun base vehicle. Have spent a lot of time setting up my test base on mun then realized that the docking port was to low....DOH. Thought this would be perfect solution but as you can see..... Have already designed my transport vehicle and hopping this is an easy fix that would save me a lot of starting from scratch.

I think enki is looking for something that would function like this construct, but it won't perform like enki thinks it will.

Interesting, I think I will try making a hinge with a low joint spring value and letting it articulate in two axes. May try the third if all goes well.

I have used the same vehicle without the rails with no issues. This vehicle will be my main mun base vehicle. Have spent a lot of time setting up my test base on mun then realized that the docking port was to low....DOH. Thought this would be perfect solution but as you can see..... Have already designed my transport vehicle and hopping this is an easy fix that would save me a lot of starting from scratch.

Im not sure then, bc i just tried it again with and without the rails, it was the same result either way. I tried the rails with a different set and they worked fine

This is amazing stuff. I really think I might have become an engineer or something when KSP + IR + kOS would have been available when I was 10-18 years old.

I am in that age bracket and I was thinking of becoming an engineer long before finding KSP. I even knew how to use CATIA and AutoDesk before I found it.