[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Hey quick question. First sorry if this was posted in this thread already. 165 pages long, I wish I had that much time to find an answer :-).

I was going thru my mods for a new .23 campaign and I remember that I had used this plugin and had alot of fun with it but had some rather outstanding issues that prevented me to use it on long term.

The issue I had was that sometimes parts were getting "disconnected" when reloading a save. I often was building a small crane to help assemble my mun base. Usually a hinge on bottom with 2 piston and another hinge on top with KAS magnet attached to it. Sometimes when I was reloading a save, I had the parts from this plugin just float in midair. It was still connected to the vehicle as I still had control over them but visually, there would often be big gaps between the parts which made things look rather strange.

The issue could probably be caused by my use of the plugin or maybe a bug, I don't know. Anyone know of this issue? Is it something that I can work around it or has it actually been fixed (assuming its coming from the mod)?

Thanks!

It's a bug that I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

2013-12-20_00001.jpg

As you can see, they are not quite right atm, but basically with the gantry you only want to connect one end of the gantry to something. (you can put parts on the other side by welding them to it but you can't use the node if I recall.)

The variant one is designed to have the center as the base.

Hey, guys, just a small glitch to report. Rotate button isnt working as it used to on servo configuration.

It still kinda works but at 2 perc the rotation as before. Not sure if its intentional or ?

Anyways great mod lads.

Whatever bugs you may be experiencing isn't intentional. Some things have changed since 0.23. "Right click" events don't work anymore and I've pretty much decided to try not to fix it and make an attempt to rewrite the whole plugin from scratch.

Well, that being the case ... might I suggest you make use of the toolbar plugin? You could go the route of the alternate resource panel and only make use of it when it's installed, but it's really nice having a way to tuck away all the plugins when they aren't being used.

Is there still a 0.22 version available? I'm holding back on the update due to my existing campaigns, and I'd love to add this mod. The most recent download seems to work okay initially, but also seems to break the Flight UI with lots and lots of InvalidProgramExceptions in the log. I'm assuming it's because it was recompiled for 0.23, and method signatures have changed and such.

How is the Anim8r going mate? im guessing 0.23 required a fair bit of re-work

Anim8r is fine. I've just been busy with the holidays. I'm taking the day off tomorrow so that will give me plenty of time to package it up and release it. After all these months, it will become a reality. :)

Anim8r is fine. I've just been busy with the holidays. I'm taking the day off tomorrow so that will give me plenty of time to package it up and release it. After all these months, it will become a reality. :)

Woot! I look forward to the possibilities. I have ideas for a gripper and sample collector that could benefit from that functionality.

Something is boogered with at least the telescoping pistons. KSP didn't load a craft because it couldn't find TelescopeFullA and TelescopeFullB. Names are the same in both part.cfg files, must be some other change has it confused. (I'm putting the blame on this Vrana person...)

I left out the toolbar stuff.

Reverting to the previous version and loading my last save to get my ship back.