[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I can't wait for the sliding rails! I have some ideas for them to work around my general base-physics issues. Soon my bases will all be single units, undocked on save and only docked (in awesome robotic fashion) when they need to be connected :D

Same also, I am working on a new set of engines based on a new system Sirkut is working on, it will provide an unprecedented amount of physical control of the direction of engines.

His new system has also allowed me to create my own Manipulator arm. Since the movements I make with my manipulator arms all tend to be repeated, ie I take the rover out of the cargo bay and drop it off,

these things I can now pre-set with Sirkuts IR system, so those remedial tasks can be automated, or pre-set. Need to pick up a rover and drop it off? press 1 button.

Same also, I am working on a new set of engines based on a new system Sirkut is working on, it will provide an unprecedented amount of physical control of the direction of engines.

His new system has also allowed me to create my own Manipulator arm. Since the movements I make with my manipulator arms all tend to be repeated, ie I take the rover out of the cargo bay and drop it off,

these things I can now pre-set with Sirkuts IR system, so those remedial tasks can be automated, or pre-set. Need to pick up a rover and drop it off? press 1 button.

That's awesome! You guys are a good team :) I've only been playing for a month or so, but in my opinion these parts add more to the game at every aspect than any other mod. Very excited to see what you two come up with and then use it in everything I build :P

I built a beautiful high boy crane that could lift 200+ tons and place it on top of the water tower with ease. But to do this, I had to have opposing Kas winches with a 5ton weight set between them on top of some I beams that served as guide rails to slide the counter weight back and forth.....see where I am going with this? Please finish this slider with gantry options for different configurations. So far you have put huge smiles across my group due to the helping in reviving the robotics action.

Thanks a ton from Oregon Sirkut.

Devo, can you please fix your forklift to have variable up and down. Its almost useless not being able to control it.

I actually haven't taken pics yet, the Valdeees is only 1/2 built. Its just a hull and walls really, I need to work out how the truss/gantrys need to be before I can build the rest of the ship. I will take some when its complete though.

Guess I could show as much as I have done:

This is the Valdeees hull. You can see the hull pass-through near the rear of the ship, that's where the gantry/truss system will drop drills to ocean bed.

I have some of the upper structure and storage build, just saved as subs till I get the trusses in.

That is going to be nice

Guys, I will have the gantry & sliding systems ready in the next few days but I wanted to show you what I've been working on with the little free time I had. Something bugged me about landing crafts on a hilly surface and this is what I've come up with: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/39367-WIP-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Animator

Guys, I will have the gantry & sliding systems ready in the next few days but I wanted to show you what I've been working on with the little free time I had. Something bugged me about landing crafts on a hilly surface and this is what I've come up with: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/39367-WIP-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Animator

Great Work again. Is this the sliding rail system you were talking about earlier or is this something different?

Great Work again. Is this the sliding rail system you were talking about earlier or is this something different?

I meant the Sliding rails. Sorry for the omission.

Sirkut, nice work on the balancing system above - definitely going to give that a try. Being able to level things out should help a huge amount with the docking issues for bases (and how they go wild on re-load). Along those lines, I have an idea for you for another wickedly useful mechanical part :P

Think of a ball bearing type thing lodged half-way into a wall. The bearing could rotate in spherical type rotation - (would look similar to an eyeball :P). The point is that this would give you an incredible ability to align docking ports or other things perfectly straight regardless of the tilt of it's parent module. If that was possible, then the issue of docked things going wild when the physics loads would be largely dealt with!

Great things coming out of Magic Smoke Industries! Hope you had a good weekend :)

Well, I thought I should pop a teaser in before I go to bed myself..

We will hopefully have these operating as desired soon. Right now they do work, but still some ways to go.. hopefully sirkut can work some coding magic to work the kinks out and have you guys running round in no time :) Obviously there are big plans for this, but we are still in the early stages but things are coming along well as you can see from the thread so far.

wheels? Tracks?

bleh.. :sticktongue:

I give you..

The MSI Mech Base!!

Fully controllable walking Mech Bi-ped platform

image.php?id=51FF_51DAEA3D&jpg

Edited by Devo

I WANT!!!!

Thats just new levels of crasyness! If you guys can get that thing stable its gonna be so friggin cool.

kinda looks like makin the ed-209 with your printer left an impression eh...looks great!

Please get that thing up and going, that is going to be a work horse. Maybe in the future we can get different arms and upper units :)

You guys are pushing KSP out of the normal habitat stations.

At very first fast glance, I thought the fuel tanks in the background were guns. I was heartbroken.

No Guns. We have enough of a problem with that in the real world. That being said there is no reason you couldn't stick anything to it. The entire thing is surface attachable with the exception of the upper thighs.

Edited by Devo

No Guns. We have enough of a problem with that in the real world. That being said there is no reason you couldn't stick anything to it. The entire thing is surface attachable with the exception of the upper thighs.

very cool about the attachment nodes. I look forward to the release. May i ask? are you, sirkut and guys from DR working together?

Any chance we can get a top down view of the mechbase??

Second I saw that thing my mind flooded with ideas! Need to try and guess how much room and in what shape is uptop on that bad boy.

I am going to make a modular upper cassis system for diffrent uses. Not as a suggestion or anyting (Im sure yall have thought of better already anyway lol), but just something to practice /gimp/blender/unity. Figure if Im gonna make parts for practice may as well make em for the mech(Ked-209? haha=P)!

And now for something completly different.....

uwYSYrp.png

The start of my new Laythe base...this one will NOT fall over. Its just the basic structure for now. Each of those 6 landing legs will be mounted to MSI sliding rails.....

Im gonna be able to park this puppy where ever I want!

Any chance we can get a top down view of the mechbase??

Second I saw that thing my mind flooded with ideas! Need to try and guess how much room and in what shape is uptop on that bad boy.

I am going to make a modular upper cassis system for diffrent uses. Not as a suggestion or anyting (Im sure yall have thought of better already anyway lol), but just something to practice /gimp/blender/unity. Figure if Im gonna make parts for practice may as well make em for the mech(Ked-209? haha=P)!

And now for something completly different.....

The start of my new Laythe base...this one will NOT fall over. Its just the basic structure for now. Each of those 6 landing legs will be mounted to MSI sliding rails.....

Sure,

I put a couple of 1x1 panels on the top to give you a size indicator. I will make bigger legs (we are talking Voltron) when I am happy with the walk and control cycle. I have wanted to do legs for some time, but never could without some help, but we are still in the baby steps stage (literally lol)

Ignore the invisible box, windows snipping tool bug :)

image.php?id=621E_51DC3266&jpg

Awesome, thank you sir!

edit: So here is my first go...still needs ALOT of work, but shows basic shape im going for(did i mention i only been using blender 10days, so im horrid at it?). Its actually 2 parts shown, meant to be used with the 1.25meter Docking Washer so that upperpart can turn independent of legs. The boxish shapes on each side will be for fuel, the downward facing parts on eah end will be for jumpjets. Crew of 3, meant to be a mobile command center for large sprawling bases on other planets.

VTG8e6i.png

FLnlB6e.png

Edited by KhaosCorp

That just won't work. You need to build two more bases that fall over (the second exploding first) before your base will stay standing.

That just won't work. You need to build two more bases that fall over (the second exploding first) before your base will stay standing.

No no, thats only if there is swamps for them to fall into you have to build that many =P

or maybe thats only with castles.....forget how that works.